Terrain map issue

DieHard

(Don't know what thread to put this. Please move if necessary.)

******************Attention : BIGNEWY*********************

-----I don't use Steam or the x86 directory.-----

In OpenBeta I can play the Caucasus map, now, but not any of the Nevada or Normandy maps.

Lately, "play" means the Blue Flag server in Multiplayer on my SSD and not (C: ) .

I play Blue Flag on my SSD , a copy of the OpenBeta ; and not (C: ) which is a slower spinning 2-disk hybrid in a raid0 setup.

(Dell Alienware Aurora R3 purchased 2011 (i7-2600 / 16GB ram.)

I suspect, initially, I have to get my (C: ) drive stable with the OpenBeta before copying it to my SSD.

That is how I did the Caucasus map.

I think ALL the (C: ) directory needs to be "fixed" by me on my end including the Saved Games sub-directory and any other trinkets.

(I still have 1.5.8 stable and separately 2.5.0 stable on a separate SSD and not (C: ) to use. But nobody worthwhile as to real person competition is on in Multiplayer. And both directories still work fine.)

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi Diehard

I moved your thread from the metashader issues, I do not think this is related?

I am slightly confused about your issue, can you add your dcs.log so we can take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

I'm not complaining or even seeking help.

I do get the same metashader warning screen pop-up that the other thread concerning the x86 issue; so, there is that.

I am just stating a fact of which I have experienced as I go about trial and error getting the update to work. Finally got the Blue Flag Caucasus map to work fairly well on my SSD ( a copy off my (C: ) drive) .

Finally got the Blue Flag Nevada map to work in (C: ) .

I had to run the Nevada map several times (in this case --- the Blue Flag Nevada server) so it can build the necessary components in my (C: ) drive architecture for it to work, at least I think that is what is going on.

In a few days I will try and post a log file once I experience the negative issue again.

Thanks.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]