Need some advice on the third mission

I'm supposed to do a patrol at 15000 ft altitude. In the mountains I get a radio call with coordinates. After going to this way point I see some damaged vehicles. I should take out some forces that are situated in a small village.

Problem is that when I see the enemy they are to close to assign the SPI using the TDC. Using TGP makes it very difficult to find them (seeing them). Diving at them and using rockets results in being shoot down.

How do you do this in the best way. Is it sufficient with the GBU 38 + the GBU 12 ?

We'll have to wait for the TGP image to be improved by ED - there is a thread about that in the A-10 forum. As a workaround, you could use labels to find the ground targets.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Or tell your wingman to engage the air defences with maverick. That should do the trick. Alternatively, widen the orbit :) should work as well. There is no time pressire here so you can get into a good position before attacking!

Last time I did tell the wingman to engage ground targets but nothing of that seemed to happen.

Also I tried using Maverick myself (since I was out of every thing else) and there is no way to find the targets with the Maverick display. I have no idea where on the ground the display are viewing.

We'll have to wait for the TGP image to be improved by ED - there is a thread about that in the A-10 forum. As a workaround, you could use labels to find the ground targets.

It's not so much the display that is the problem but more finding the right spot to view at with the slew control.

What thread ? I found none. In what way is the TGP image flawed ?

I do have labels enabled and it is still difficult to find the targets in the TGP.