Persian Gulf Night Improvement?...

ThorBrasil

• ED Team

Ok, I will explain this here, this time, but this is it, then the discussion needs to get back on topic.

We do not allow the discussions for a number of reasons.

1) This is the DCS World forum, everything else is irrelevant.

2) Discussion of other sims usually ends up in an argument between users

3) We dont condone the bashing of other sims here, other company forums allow that, we do not, and many times when other sims are brought up, thats what happens.

4) DCS World strives to simulate real world, not other games.

5) You can go to Mudspike or Hoggit, or other forums to compare and discuss these things, its more appropriate there.

Also, NOBODY has been banned for talking about other sims, in fact I dont think you were even given warning points for the deleted thread, and you werent given warning points for the 1.3 which is discussion of moderation actions, or any warning points for what is now an off topic post. So lets lay off the doom and gloom evil moderator stuff.

We want this forum to be a discussion of DCS World and how to better it. Again its not about doing it like someone else, ED wants to do it like the real world with in the constraints of computer power and realism.

I hope that clears this up.

Please get back on topic.

And if you or anyone else has further questions about forum rules, please either ask in the appropriate section, or PM any one of the forum moderators, or ED Team members.

I do not understand why you can not talk about another simulator. I come to think that ED does not believe in your product and therefore puts that ban on here. It's not another simulator that will make me stop supporting ED. The comparison serves to be able to improve and become more and more the best in the market. I'm passionate about the Simulator with the name X but I will not change the DCS for X. The important thing is the idea I bring here to improve DCS every day. The ED says we have to talk about where we can improve the DCS so that it gets better every day. But if I come here to do that. I'll have the topic deleted or even banned. This is very sad. I buy virtually all modules and that's how I'm treated.

I hope you understand. I did not come here to fight but to give a suggestion to make the DCS better.

My intention was never to denigrate the image of DCS, but to make it better every day.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Thank you! It was never my intention to generate a fight. I want the best for DCS and that's why I always give support. I paid almost 4x the value for a module (Real very devalued, I know it's not ED's fault). I buy it with great difficulty. But I buy because I like DCS.

This is the amount I pay per module. And he looks like my salary is on average 1.200/month.

F/A-18C (59.99 Dólares + 4 Dólares de IOF) X 3.35 = 214.36 Reais.

I did this to demonstrate how much I enjoy DCS.

It is a very expensive simulator for Brazilians. But I know ED is not to blame. I'm sorry for anything.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I fully admit I know less than nothing about writing computer code, so all I can ask are "ignorant*" questions but, if something already works and then it doesn't, what prohibits the concept of "Just Put It Back Where It Was?" We, in fact, had "Moon Glow" and acceptable night vision in NTTR once upon a time...

That's actually one of the first rules of flying: "If you change something and don't like the result, put that <knob, switch, dial, etc.> back to where it was before you moved it"

(*ignorance with a lower case "I" as in "Lacking Knowledge or Understanding")

The way I look at it is like a Rubik's Cube, are we all happy with just completing 2 or 3 sides? Everyone's happy with how it is on those sides now! We can go further and finish side 4 and it will be so much better with this, this and this done, it could really be so much more.

We will need to mess up sides 1 and 3 to get side 4 where it needs to be, hopefully we can return side 1 and 3 to how it was where everyone really like it, once we are done finishing off side 4. :D

Or

One step backward two steps forward. Growth Isn’t Always Linear.

333csol01.gif

More like this one below:D cRazy programmers.

mqdefault.jpg

I do not understand why you can not talk about another simulator.

It's not that you cannot, it's the context and how it's delivered. To limit Controversy here on this forum is why the rule is there and to make people be mindful of starting heated discussions about other products.

Example of how I see it's ok to use.

Even the very large Lockheed martin with there civi sim decided to only upgrade their licensed engine. ED on the other hand has built up their very own graphics engine to suit there needs now and for the future. ED's engine also has many other things going on inside such as the many combat AI logic, many different missile logic and nice explosions.

Once ED can utilize the vulkan api more, this will hopefully speed up the graphics engine ability and allow much larger battles to take place without impacting the system resources as much as it does now.

That's also part of the Rubik's Cube example above.:)

-

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• ED Team
Thank you! It was never my intention to generate a fight. I want the best for DCS and that's why I always give support. I paid almost 4x the value for a module (Real very devalued, I know it's not ED's fault). I buy it with great difficulty. But I buy because I like DCS.

This is the amount I pay per module. And he looks like my salary is on average 1.200/month.

F/A-18C (59.99 Dólares + 4 Dólares de IOF) X 3.35 = 214.36 Reais.

I did this to demonstrate how much I enjoy DCS.

It is a very expensive simulator for Brazilians. But I know ED is not to blame. I'm sorry for anything.

Dont be sorry, I am only explaining the context of the rules, I understand that its easy to point to another sim that has something you would like to see in DCS, but its been proven time and time again that its too tempting a topic to have here. So by all means bring your ideas and suggestions of what you want to see in DCS, we only ask if you got the idea from another sim, keep that to yourself :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Dont be sorry, I am only explaining the context of the rules, I understand that its easy to point to another sim that has something you would like to see in DCS, but its been proven time and time again that its too tempting a topic to have here. So by all means bring your ideas and suggestions of what you want to see in DCS, we only ask if you got the idea from another sim, keep that to yourself :)

"Good Artists Borrow .. Great Artists Steal"

- Picasso

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Thank You! :pilotfly:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Just a post to request the ED team expands the colors used for the city lights at least for Dubai, but request is for any applicable area.

To see just how colorful Dubai is at night, take a look at the below link. Really cool 360 pic of Dubai. Check out pic 10 from the menu on the right. It would be great if ED team added some of the greens, purples and blues, amber/orange lights as they exist in the real city. I could not imagine the color of the lights used makes a difference performance wise. So why not add some for accuracy :)

https://www.airpano.ru/files/Dubai-UAE-Best/2-2

After watching DeviDogs fly through of the city, using an expanded color pallet for lighting to match the actual city's night lighting diversity would make low fly through's quite a beautiful experience.

Edited by Torso

I know that people have been complaining about the lack of light in Caucuses and Nevada these days, but after watching some of the Hornet + PG previews, I hope ED can hit a happy medium because the lighting effects are a bit over the top in the Persian Gulf.

Of Note: The second part of the Grim Reapers "Gulf Tour" videos makes the landing light on the Hornet appear to be more of a Death Ray than a source of illumination. -2 lights up Lead to the extent that you can't even see any details on the jet. Just a white blob...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com