Oculus CV2 - Sneak Peak?

dburne

:lol:

No, the only idiots are the ones who buy first gen hardware to play beta software with currently horrible optimization, with the inability to read fine detail in cockpit or identify aircraft at distance, staring through artifactual lenses and cheese grater tunnel vision.

If people do not buy first gen hardware, there will never be a second generation. Detail can be read in the cockpit with the CV1, now the DK1 was something else.

But muh "immersion"! :lol:
This quote proves you have never tried VR.

Enjoy spending a few hundred more dollars on the next gen, guys! Best of luck in selling your old hardware for more money than you paid for your depreciating "investment". Opportunity cost?? You could have saved the money to buy better hardware and you could have waited for maturation of the DCS engine.
I will thank you, and I will enjoy spending a couple of hundred on Gen 3 if it is enough of an improvement. There will always be a market for used tech, not all intend to sell. I still have me DK1, Dk2 and CV1.

You should avoid buying CV2, save your money to buy CV10, after all why would you buy inferior hardware today when you can save and buy better hardware tomorrow.

I feel especially bad for all the people you duped in this forum to buy first gen hardware right before next gen is coming out.
No one has been duped. In fact mot people on these forums have recommended users wait until this fall when CV2 is expected to be announced.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Why are you even here???

Because the graybeards in here keep telling people to buy old generation hardware instead of telling them to wait a few months to get the latest. The voice of reason.

Just take a look at this forum and you'll see bug after bug users are struggling with, in addition to performance problems, in addition to fundamental flaws in early hardware: screen door effect, low resolution, blurriness, inability to identify targets at distance, inability to read cockpit detail, low graphical quality to improve fps, narrow fov, inability to interact with cockpit easily, reliance on keyboard or hotas, et cetera.

But muh "immersion"!! :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This tread is starting to get funny to read,

But i think is there are people that like vr... and there are people that dont like vr..

And there are people that find vr to early...

Is it not an good idee to keep this tread more about info over the future ocullus vr? :)

With wath i read here it can go to an endless discution :)

(Sorry for englisch)

Greets

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

• ED Team

guys play nicely with each other.

I have been waiting for the next gen oculus, but also thinking of the pimax as well

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Everybody has different thresholds for spending. I know people that will spend ridiculous amounts of money on more vehicles than they need but won't spend an extra dime on a better computer.

It is all a matter of perspective and priorities coupled with differing amounts of disposable income.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not really sureI understand the LOL, It's a pretty epic experience already, my daughter loves doing rollercoaster rides, and DCS and Elite Dangerous are simply amazing, going back to a flat monitor, even something that's 55" plus, is just... Disappointing.

People keep going on about FOV - do you folk actually know many degrees FOV you get withy a typical monitor (say, ~30" at about 3 feet? It's less than a CV1...

Z...

Not to mention what the FOV is for a pilot wearing an HGU-55. Granted, its not as narrow as the CV1, but its definitely not like wearing nothing as far as FOV is concerned. Nowhere near the 200+ degrees mentioned in the video for normal FOV.

With VR, you're also not having to train yourself for unnatural head and eye movements like you have to with the TrackIR. Where you turn your head, is where you look, and that makes a HUGE difference in SA and SAM evasion. Its far less disorienting than doing the same on a flat screen with TrackIR.

But yeah...we should all wait for the perfect thing to come along...because we all know that technology never advances, right? Graybeard, out.

I'm hanging my hat on Oculus too. The Pimax looks impressive on paper, but their current model I've heard is kind of a rattle-trap. "Feels and looks cheap" seems to be the concesus. Who knows though. I remember the days when Samsung was cheap junk. Now they're pretty much outpacing everybody in innovation and quality.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

No, the only idiots are the ones who buy first gen hardware to play beta software with currently horrible optimization, with the inability to read fine detail in cockpit or identify aircraft at distance, staring through artifactual lenses and cheese grater tunnel vision.

Enjoy spending a few hundred more dollars on the next gen, guys! Best of luck in selling your old hardware for more money than you paid for your depreciating "investment". Opportunity cost?? You could have saved the money to buy better hardware and you could have waited for maturation of the DCS engine.

I feel especially bad for all the people you duped in this forum to buy first gen hardware right before next gen is coming out.

So do you ever buy any hardware, or just wait for the next greatest thing to come out, there will always be faster CPUs, SSDs and graphics cards.

I've been enjoying my Rift since it was released, not dreaming of what the next greatest thing the will come out.:thumbup:

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Because the graybeards in here keep telling people to buy old generation hardware instead of telling them to wait a few months to get the latest. The voice of reason.

Just take a look at this forum and you'll see bug after bug users are struggling with, in addition to performance problems, in addition to fundamental flaws in early hardware: screen door effect, low resolution, blurriness, inability to identify targets at distance, inability to read cockpit detail, low graphical quality to improve fps, narrow fov, inability to interact with cockpit easily, reliance on keyboard or hotas, et cetera.

But muh "immersion"!! :lol:

Have you not tried VR in DCS?

Have you not tried VR in DCS?

Yeah, overall a "meh" experience, doesn't even come close to the users here who have deluded themselves into thinking 1st gen tech is the best thing since sliced bread.

I think VR is the future, we're just not there yet. You can enjoy not being able to actually function as a pilot should with your beta-quality goggles on, and I'll just continue to enjoy actually seeing stuff while in the cockpit with clear and sharp 4k ultra-quality :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, overall a "meh" experience, doesn't even come close to the users here who have deluded themselves into thinking 1st gen tech is the best thing since sliced bread.

I think VR is the future, we're just not there yet. You can enjoy not being able to actually function as a pilot should with your beta-quality goggles on, and I'll just continue to enjoy actually seeing stuff while in the cockpit with clear and sharp 4k ultra-quality :D

Lol,you wasted your money on 4k when 8k is just around the corner

'Best of luck in selling your old hardware for more money than you paid for your depreciating "investment".'

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

Lol,you wasted your money on 4k when 8k is just around the corner

8k displays already exist, and I decided against them because of low refresh rate, no gsync availability, cost, scaling problems, and low performance in games.

:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8k displays already exist, and I decided against them because of low refresh rate, no gsync availability, cost, scaling problems, and low performance in games.

If you are waiting for a G-sync VR headset then I suspect you will be waiting for quite a while.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Woosh :pilotfly:

Gee thanks so much.

As much as I game in VR, I must be a big one.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yeah right, must explain why I have so much fun with it.

Very nice Remi.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Very nice Remi.

Indeed! throw me in there too! I love my deluded blissful state... :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Very nice Remi.

I guess you would discount the experiences of all the users who stopped using VR because of the issues mentioned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Woosh :pilotfly:

I don't think you understand that 8k gaming at 120+Hz is literally 5+ years away, unlike Oculus CV2 which will be due out before 2 years from now.

4k gaming, on the other hand, is the sweet spot that will guarantee plenty of use for the years to come.

Hard to say the same thing about CV1, and even people in this thread who own CV1 say they will buy CV2 when available. If CV1 was really that great, people here would use that same hardware for the next 5 years instead of quickly ditching it in favor of "better" hardware.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess you would discount the experiences of all the users who stopped using VR because of the issues mentioned.

C'mon, can we stop this nonsense?

There are folks that love it, and there are folks that do not.

No need to call them delusional idiots in either camp.

This thread is about a possible Rift CV2. Not about the good or bad of the CV1, or those that do or do not use one.

Edited by dburne

Don B

For those who think VR is really that great, check out this smattering of issues from this forum alone:

"Is support for VR dwindling?"

"NVG only in one eye"

"Help reading MFD's and buttons!"

"Mouse hover"

"2.5 Video Settings - VR Quality/Performance Balance"

"VR Quality Lowered in 2.5.1.16543 ?"

"Still no right click with touch controllers ?"

"Poor VR performance, is it just me?"

"DS gamma above 1.3 causes dots"

"fog cancellation inside the Oculus"

"Mismatched display between L and R eyes (tracers, grass)"

"night time flying looks like dust everywhere"

"Need Help-Cockpit too bright"

"Oculus Rift Help, game won't load VR even when forced"

"Help with two VR problems: Steam VR loading screen and DCS out-of-focus"

"Can't turn ASW off after the recent update"

"Within Visual Range combat using virtual reality in Harrier"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C'mon, can we stop this nonsense?

This thread is about a possible Rift CV2. Not about the good or bad of the CV1, or those that do or do not use one.

+1

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

I've seen a few topics recently where people were asking if they should get CV1.

Unfortunately for the posters, there were enough people heaping praises for the "immersion" offered by the CV1, that they should abandon all reason and purchase a CV1 immediately, despite CV2 being around the corner.

Then, news of the next version of the oculus gets announced, and the people who were duped by these users now need to live with a several hundred dollar mistake.

That's not fair to those people.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For those who think VR is really that great, check out this smattering of issues from this forum alone:

Those are all issues with DCS, not with VR as a whole.