Two Russian MiG-29 crash

220km north of Rostov na Donu. Don't think we'll see any footage, and if we will, mig-29 hud cams go at what? 10 fps? something low like that :(

And having 30-60 flight hours (for the 'average' service pilot, the pros get 100+) that's no surprise, on the other hand, they are human...

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

220km north of Rostov na Donu. Don't think we'll see any footage, and if we will, mig-29 hud cams go at what? 10 fps? something low like that :(

And having 30-60 flight hours (for the 'average' service pilot, the pros get 100+) that's no surprise, on the other hand, they are human...

I wonder how you forgot to mention "the lack of money", "poor maintenance" and least but not last "vodka".

But "human" - that's a nice to know

Athlon64 3500+; A8V-DX; 1Gig PC3200; Quadro4 980XGL; SCSI; Win2K3;

MacBook Pro 17"

X52 tweak: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=16972

Human error is a very common occurance, not everything can be blamed on equipment failure, I don't quite understand your upset reply, or do you mean you never f-ed something up?

And vodka doesn't count, as everyone drinks it, be it a rookie service pilot, or Mr Pugachev himself. And it's no Mig-25, where even pilots had some severe alcohol problems (first hand experience) :/

Is that in english? I can't find the language button on the page. (If there is one.)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Hahaha, that would be soo damn funny, at least they can build a proper Mig-35 now, and not some M2->upgraded rusty UB hulk with a coat of paint and a new caopy. :P Maybe it was a photo shoot gone wrong, which would mean there is footage, and if it was the mig-35, well, then we'd see a HUD tape.

Any news video link? Or at least the news site

There have been many more birds painted like that aside from Mig-35's.

You should look at the tail fin roots details. Thats the external tell tale difference between the 29 and 35.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The Migs were on a routine flight from the Millerovo AB the collision occured at 16:02 Moscow time at an altitude of about 7km, 40km from the airbase. After landing the pilots went to a local village hospital and contacted the authorities, there were no casualties or damage of property on the ground.

A criminal investigation under 'Violation of flight rules, or preparation for flight' has started...

http://www.rambler.ru/news/events/aircrash/9982735.html

OT, but an interesting quote on the Mig-29:

На ручке управления имеется кнопка, мгновенно переводящая самолет в состояние горизонтального полета с нулевым креном при потере пилотом ориентировки. Катапультируемое кресло К-36 позволяет пилоту в критической ситуации покинуть машину даже на нулевой высоте. Система речевой индикации (именуемая пилотами "Наташа") предупреждает об опасном режиме полета или угрозе со стороны противника, выдавая женским голосом речевые сообщения типа: "слишком низкий заход на посадку", или "сзади противник". Фото с сайта Migavia.ru

Okay, it says the mig has a button to return to horizontal flight in the event on disorientation (old news, but we need that in lomac). A more interesting thing is what the voice warning system says, the two examples given are 'Way too low approach for landing!' and 'Enemy, behind' (guess only when SPO-15 gives a whine). Oh boy, my Russian VWS fetish is returning :p I say we need the complete Natasha in lomac-2!!!

You should look at the tail fin roots details. Thats the external tell tale difference between the 29 and 35.
It's so hard to say from the footage I saw on Croatian national television programme (HRT). I saw parts of vertical stabilizer(s) and entire crash site was smokin' at the time of the filming. I just recognized large MiG logo superimposing Red star and russian banner.

I know there are many airframes painted like MiG-35, but nose of the aircraft where MiG-35 sign is supposed to be was in bad condition :smilewink:

A more interesting thing is what the voice warning system says, the two examples given are 'Way too low approach for landing!' and 'Enemy, behind' (guess only when SPO-15 gives a whine). Oh boy, my Russian VWS fetish is returning :p I say we need the complete Natasha in lomac-2!!!
This might be Natasha modded for 35 with new VWS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all, sorry for my English.

The Migs were on a routine flight from the Millerovo AB the collision occured at 16:02 Moscow time at an altitude of about 7km, 40km from the airbase...

http://www.rambler.ru/news/events/aircrash/9982735.html

On our TV was said: "There was a tranining GROUP flight." And... how it would be better to say... a pilot who follows the leader :smilewink: had (?) maid a mistake and touched the leader plane. After this, both planes were crashed.

OT, but an interesting quote on the Mig-29:

На ручке управления имеется кнопка, мгновенно переводящая самолет в состояние горизонтального полета с нулевым креном при потере пилотом ориентировки. Катапультируемое кресло К-36 позволяет пилоту в критической ситуации покинуть машину даже на нулевой высоте. Система речевой индикации (именуемая пилотами "Наташа") предупреждает об опасном режиме полета или угрозе со стороны противника, выдавая женским голосом речевые сообщения типа: "слишком низкий заход на посадку", или "сзади противник". Фото с сайта Migavia.ru

Okay, it says the mig has a button to return to horizontal flight in the event on disorientation (old news, but we need that in lomac). A more interesting thing is what the voice warning system says, the two examples given are 'Way too low approach for landing!' and 'Enemy, behind' (guess only when SPO-15 gives a whine). Oh boy, my Russian VWS fetish is returning :p I say we need the complete Natasha in lomac-2!!!

Warning system has name "RITA". And, as I know, there is no phrases as 'Way too low approach for landing!' and 'Enemy, behind'. But, may be I know too small... :smilewink:

Русский - это судьба...