Got the notice of the release of 2.5.1, but where is the download link?????

It's in Beta state.

Get it here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/beta/

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm also not able to get the 2.5.1 update

The OP referred to the 2.5.1 update, not the 2.5 one. I also have not seen how to update from 2.5 to 2.5.1. I thought that my DCS World installation would have done so automatically as of yet it has not.

Still, the bottom line is, the update to 2.5.1 is available for Open Beta version only. We don't know if OP is aware of it, as his post is a bit vague.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

It's released in Open Beta state as announced in the Weekend News HERE

If you have the Open Beta client installed, it'll patch automatically to 2.5.1. If you don't, follow Ripper's link;

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

• 4 weeks later...

Can 2.5.1 Beta update be installed into 2.5 Stable?

Hi all, as per the title or is the best course to wait for the 2.5.1 stable release version to go with 2.5 stable?

I am only a couple of months new to DCS so not sure how these updates work.

I removed the 2.5 open beta version as soon as the 2.5 stable was released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all, as per the title or is the best course to wait for the 2.5.1 stable release version to go with 2.5 stable?

I am only a couple of months new to DCS so not sure how these updates work.

I removed the 2.5 open beta version as soon as the 2.5 stable was released.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It depends.

All new modules and most updates are released on the open beta branch first.

After a few days/weeks of testing, the update will be released to the stable branch.

If you would like your game to be as bug free as possible get the 2.5.1 stable

If you would like all the new features as soon as they become available including the Persian Gulf map and the Hornet next week then get 2.5.2 Open Beta

Use Skatezilla's app to change between builds if you want the best of both worlds

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks all and to Cibit,

Is the 2.5.1 stable update available yet?

I have looked through the forums and the web and cannot see the Stable 2.5.1 anywhere.

As it stands the stable is 2.5.0.xxxxx, 2.5.1 and further haven't been patched to the stable branch yet, but expect them soon.

If you want access to 2.5.1.xxxx and beyond you'll have to download the open beta and go from there - it simply isn't available for the stable branch at the moment.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I have the 2.5.0 stable release and don't mind waiting until it updates to 2.5.1, but does anyone know when the beta will likely end?

(I purchased the Persian Map, but can't use it until the stable release is updated. : - ))

I have the 2.5.0 stable release and don't mind waiting until it updates to 2.5.1, but does anyone know when the beta will likely end?

(I purchased the Persian Map, but can't use it until the stable release is updated. : - ))

As before with 1.5 stable the open beta is used as a testing platform and will generally remain in beta state until next possible version which maybe 3.0.

Although this situation is more from my beer soaked mind at 0600 and may be completely different with the ideas of DCS and Eagle.joystick.gif

WILLUR

I7 6800K, 32Gig RAM, SSD, HDD, GTX1080Ti

There's lots of unprecise or even false information here. Let me clarify some things:

- There is no planned end for the Open Beta (OB). As it stands now, it will run as long as DCS is beeing actively developed.

- New stuff usally gets released first for the OB and will be released for the Stable Release (SR) branch later (usally 1-4 weeks later).

- The current version of the OB branch is 2.5.2.17559.377 as of today, but that will change with tomorrows update.

- The current version of the SR branch is 2.5.0.15365.345 and will probably remain for at least another week.

- The current versions for both branches can be checked here: https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

- Version 2.5.1 will probably never be available for the SR branch. The OB is already on 2.5.2 and will probably be updated to 2.5.3 tomorrow. I guess the SR branch will be directly update from 2.5.0 to 2.5.3, but that's just my guess for now.

- There are multiple ways to get the OB:

• You can remove your normal DCS installation, download the Open Beta from the Website and install it instead.
  • You can download the Open Beta from the website and install it in addition to your normal DCS installation, so you will have both.
  • You can convert your normal DCS installation to become the Open Beta by running the DCS updater through the windows command line using the following command: "DCS_updater.exe update @openbeta". More info on how to do that can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Personally, I have only one DCS installation for many years now, and I regularly switch between SR and OB with the updater command as it is super easy to do so.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks, but quick question about being able to regularly switch between SR and OB with the updater command.

I upgraded 1.5.8 OB to 2.5.2 OB (about 30 GB of new files), but then tried to revert back to 2.5.0 release and DCS_updater downloaded a new file set of 15 GB. Then I decided to switch back to 2.5.2 OB, and DCS_updater downloaded again about 30 GB of files. So I have one installation, but switching between OB and release is not "super easy" but quite painful.

Others have said that I need two separate installs, which I understand is a logical way of doing this (and consistent with my having had 1.5 and 2.0/2.2 alpha installed at the same time, but one installation would use much less hard drive space.

What am I missing here? I've seen inconsistent references to whether any changes need to be made to the Windows registry - with most saying "no." And DCSW works with no changes. Is that the key, or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks!!

The amount of files needed to download varies widely depending on the versions. Currently there are huge differences between the OB (2.5.2) and the SR (2.5.0) That's why the downlaod sizes are so huge. They should be less in the futre when the SR is not so far behind anymore.

But basically you did understand everything correct. Either you switch your DCS installation back and fourth between SR and OB using the updater or you install is in parallel just like you did with 1.5 and 2.0/2.2.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg