DS here to stay, good bye cockpits?

thrustvector

well it seems all those who couldn't see there instruments/lighting etc in cockpits are just doomed.

now we cannot switch DS off, so in a lot of pits, they are bleached out white, even turning the gamma down only helps a small amount.

the KA shark, which has 5 blue flight assist buttons now you cannot distinguish if they are on or off, and instrument lights are a complete waste of time.

it seems like we are now forced to have a "pretty" exterior, even though the pit is where we spend most of our time.

now, don't get me wrong, the update has made a big difference (not loading times they are longer than ever) but it seems little was done about listening to the concerns of a lot of people with DS. pretty seems to win all the time

they will make cockpits to match the outside world, when they have finished finalising the outside world.

why?

because if they change the outside world lighting levels again, they will need to redo all the cockpits again. its by far the majority of the texture work.

why i would leave them till last too. and they have been this way since 2.1-2.2 and the entry of DS.

basically we have only got texture fixes to keep us flying.

like those ka-50 buttons. we got a fix so you can tell whether they are on or off. we didn't get the final texture fix.

but it gets closer every week. now they have got some performance back they can ruin it by adding in brand new textures :)

ah progress :)

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I'm thinking they are close to locking this DS down and hopefully have fixed or close to tweaking the finish textures for the modules. Been waiting ages for the Mig21 YES.

It's all apart of the fun of beta:cry:

If you want the latest, then you need to be patient and go with the flow, otherwise stick to a version that's playable for you and your missions etc.

ED and third parties are just as keen to fix them as we to get them, just not to fix them 5 times;).

-

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I am sooooo happy using the release version right now, which can not be updated to 2.5.1.

of course with DS OFF.

Let's hope that they will sort that FUNDAMENTAL, ESSENTIAL ISSUE out

of the useless dusk / night cockpits with DS on, (2.5.2?)

because it is exactly as you say,

thrustvector, the pit is where we spend most of our time!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Locking it on means that all cockpits now have a stable target to be designed/textured for.

We'll see fixes come with this change, rather than people staying in the half way house it's been for ages.

I don't disagree with your basic premise. However, they should have fixed the cockpits before forcing the user to live with the poor results of the current implementation. I know that it is beta at the moment but history shows that it will move to the release branch before the problem is fixed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I don't disagree with your basic premise. However, they should have fixed the cockpits before forcing the user to live with the poor results of the current implementation. I know that it is beta at the moment but history shows that it will move to the release branch before the problem is fixed.

I could not agree more. Exactly so. :thumbup:

It seems that a lot of people, including the graphics responsables of ED and

other 3rd party developers are giving a whole lot of importance to the landscapes, explosions, clouds etc, in detriment of the place where we spend 95% of the time, the cockpits! :cry:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

see also what I don't get is, I guess they all have super duper monster pcs, and the testers as well? because when I done numerous testing for other companies...some still on NDA we made sure to have a wide range of Pcs, so is this problem just on lower end ones? if not, surely they could see the bad results, and would leave the DS as a switch for us while working on a good build for them selves?

@ thrustvector.

they have left it as a switch if you require DS off use the release version. If you wish to test the Beta version then test it and leave constructive feedback for the Devs.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

@ thrustvector.

they have left it as a switch if you require DS off use the release version. If you wish to test the Beta version then test it and leave constructive feedback for the Devs.

Since AGES we are providing constructive feedback for the Devs......

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202460

I haven't tested that 2.5.1, but it seems that the issue with the cockpits,

(again where we spend 95% of the DCS time), especially at night / dusk

is STILL not resolved.....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004