So we are grounded till the next patch?

any date to check back?

yes currently either change the location of the install

or

wait for patch / fix

hopefully it wont be to long

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

this is obviously a major issue, and ED will try to get a fix out as soon as possible. If I get more info I will try and pass it on.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
It is impossible to me to create a new file in another partition ... what does that do not can move my game and thus play the module which I paid with my money ....

just move the whole install out of the x86 folder.

No one is stopping you from flying, public betas have problems sometimes, if you don't want to encounter them use the release version.

just move the whole install out of the x86 folder.

No one is stopping you from flying, public betas have problems sometimes, if you don't want to encounter them use the release version.

Impossible I have no other available partition and steam tells me that he can created only a steam file by partition ....

• ED Team
Impossible I have no other available partition and steam tells me that he can created only a steam file by partition ....

you can revert your install to release if you wish, or you can wait for the fix, We hope it will not be to long now.

The Tempfix is to Move the Sim's Folder outside of any Folder w/ "(" ")" Characters (ie /Program Files (x86)/ )

If you cannot do that right now, your 2 options are:

1. Wait for the hotfix to be released.

2. revert back to Release Branch.

When Opting into Any Open Beta, problems may arise that will limit usage, that's part of being in a Beta Program.

Also, You could Cut/Paste the /Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/DCS World/

to C:/DCS World/ and create an mklink using:

Command Prompt as Admin:

mklink /j "C:\DCS World" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\DCS World"

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I steam possibly trying to re-install (to the original location) after you moved it maybe ?

How did you move it ?

I moved it manually. I just transfered the steam folder from Program Files (x86) to Program Files whithout any problem and the steam "saw" it on the spot. When I opened steam and checked the installation path it was C:\Program Files\Steam\... which means that the program recognised the manual cut and paste that I did. But it seems that there is something bothering it at least on the Mirage 2000 default campaign. Maybe there are other issues too I just haven't checked yet.. Probably this problem will be solved on the next patch???:(

Call me charlatan cuz I just tricked Steam.

Alllllllright, I found a solution. So I have steam version and a single drive.

You have to trick Steam to think it has two libraries. To do that you create a folder in your main drive. Let's say C:\SteamLib2. Then, you open the libraryfolders.vdf file on an editing program.

What you want to do now is to add this line before the curly bracket closes.

"1"        "C:\\SteamLib2"

Open steam and right click on DCS World. Go to the Local Files section and the Move Install Folder option should be visible now. Click on it and choose your new library. It will take a while to copy the files, but it worked for me.

Hopefully it helps! :)

You can't run it as admin when in Steam. Even running Steam to get DCS World to run as Admin doesn't work.

Launch the Actual EXE as admin, not the shortcut w/ the --SteamApp ID

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Launch the Actual EXE as admin, not the shortcut w/ the --SteamApp ID

That didnt work either.

If you are desparate to play on 2.5.1 for example if the servers you play on have already been updated the the solution about uninstalling steam will work

Alllllllright, I found a solution. So I have steam version and a single drive.

You have to trick Steam to think it has two libraries. To do that you create a folder in your main drive. Let's say C:\SteamLib2. Then, you open the libraryfolders.vdf file on an editing program.

What you want to do now is to add this line before the curly bracket closes.

"1"        "C:\\SteamLib2"

Open steam and right click on DCS World. Go to the Local Files section and the Move Install Folder option should be visible now. Click on it and choose your new library. It will take a while to copy the files, but it worked for me.

Hopefully it helps! :)

I tried this again on few other systems and they each worked. I highly suggest you to try this befire complete reinstall or waiting for a hotfix.

• ED Team

no, current work around is to ensure your install is not in the x86 folder