Squadrons

Hello everyone.

I obtained FC only a couple of days ago, I have been playing 1.02 for a couple of months but only with people less experienced than me..

Im not very good (read: quite bad) but am willing to learn, and Im looking for a squadron to join.

The few times I have had the pleasure of playing online with my brand new FC copy, it feels like everyone is running around doing their own thing with no teamwork what so ever..

oh and I fly su-27/mig-29 most of the time.

Have tried the A2G planes, they are fun but I prefer A2A

- Xealot

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

If you join our TeamSpeak Server IP: 66.31.67.126, Password: "panthers" around 1900Z most days you should find some members who would gladly help you get familiar with FC and teamplay.

Good Luck!

recruit!

Hello Xealot

It was just a few short months ago that i was in the same boat that you were in. I sought out a Virtual Squadron group that I could hope to affiliate with and hopefully join. After alot of research I found out about the 169th Panthers. I found that tradition history and reputation within this sim was unmatched by this squadron. So i decided to contact them and see what i could do. They immediatly seen that I was enthusiatic and serious about learning to fly. They, without hesitation, took me under there wing and gave (and contiune to give) me all the instruction, training, tips and techniques i ask for. The Panthers are 100% professional and committed!! It took some time and some work and I eventually got my wings:pilotfly: . I cant describe to you how much ive learned since ive joined. Everyone goes completly out of there way to help you get better.

I certainly urge you to stop by and have a talk with us in our TeamSpeak server. Or drop a line in our forums.

Hope to see you soon

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sweet always a joyous occasion to see yet another join the ranks of hardcore flight simming. Welcome aboard man. Ill tell you without a doubt if you want to be a combat pilot the S77th are second to none ... hehe sorry 169th:D . I learned a great deal in that squad. Members like S77th-Goya are going to mold you into the best damn pilot you will ever be. Trust me its frustrating going against him when he is in a F15. hehe

have fun man and see ya in HL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello and welcome to the RU Forums. I hate things like this because it turns into a flaming war. Everyone has their own opinions about which Sqn to join. But to be honest mate only you can choose. Suffice to say that the 169th really is a professional bunch of flyers within this community.

Manawar is the latest member and he speaks the truth.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

I'd prolly sign up with the 169th before that.

Yeah and every shits when I make a crack comment :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Hello and welcome to the RU Forums. I hate things like this because it turns into a flaming war. Everyone has their own opinions about which Sqn to join. But to be honest mate only you can choose. Suffice to say that the 169th really is a professional bunch of flyers within this community.

your right they are. Flown against the best of ya and lived to tell the tale .:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nah he might be referring to me .... but I meant no harm .... just a bit biased i suppose since i flew with the 77th. But like it has been stated in here (and it should be taken with a grain of salt) everyone has there own oppinion.

No harm no foul Ice man you can be my wingman anytime :D

topgun.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your offers, It's great coming back to see all these many people interested in getting more meatshields

I cant believe I completely missed that one, I live in Sweden so I am active during the European evenings. :)

To cali:

Nice links, I had no idea Lockonfiles even had a section for squadrons, I cant honestly say I have looked around on the site as I have mainly used it for mod downloads though thus I figured asking here would be the best place as its the most active place for LO:FC players to meet.. well a part from hyperlobby of course ;)

-

Im going to look around for a bit and try get in touch with some of the squadrons that seems interesting for me and from there I guess we'll see what happens.

Again, Thanks everyone for your input.

- Xealot

The community newbie

http://winsbydefault.com/pics/dctf1ibxh7.gif

Replace this image! It's too big! © Administration

(max size: 150pix height, 50kb)

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your offers, It's great coming back to see all these many people interested in getting more meatshields

I cant believe I completely missed that one, I live in Sweden so I am active during the European evenings. :)

To cali:

Nice links, I had no idea Lockonfiles even had a section for squadrons, I cant honestly say I have looked around on the site as I have mainly used it for mod downloads though thus I figured asking here would be the best place as its the most active place for LO:FC players to meet.. well a part from hyperlobby of course ;)

-

Im going to look around for a bit and try get in touch with some of the squadrons that seems interesting for me and from there I guess we'll see what happens.

Again, Thanks everyone for your input.

- Xealot

:no_sad: poor guy he's going back to mrs. pacman for sure now. I think we over did it this time guys ..... poor fella and all he wanted to do is fly:D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL @ Tex

Check us out at http://www.dfa-squadron.co.uk

were a ground attack only squadron. as an instructor i love to help people learn :D

BTW Tex you might be right but i bet its Pong he goes to :P

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

I think that since the original poster is in Sweden (and flies Soviet fighters) a European squad like the 504th would be nice and close to his timezone.

And now for something completely different - for any Australians out there (especially those interested in A2G stuff) - you could always check out the Virtual Australian Air Force. We're a pretty relaxed bunch and you don't have to do any tests etc before flying with us. Even if you're signed up with another squad we'd be happy to fly with you (a few of us are joining occasional flights with 3sqn ).

We currently fly A2G co-op missions (USA A10 and Georgian SU25t) on a private server and use IRC and a wiki to organise flights.

http://www.vaaf.net

irc://irc.oz.org#vaaf

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Australian Air Force

Originally Posted by 169th_Bat viewpost.gif

That was in the past....now we are in the present day and things have changed.

Xealot they do need some pilots though

thank you for pointing that out ..... and with all due respect I still dont know what you are saying.:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Xealot, I recently joined the Reservoirs Elite =RvE= squad and all I can say is that it's the best experience one could get in flight siming. Real comms and procedures, ATCs, teamplay you name it- things that are missing in LO and you couldn't feel except you join a squad. I flew as a lonely driver for an year and it wasn't even half that exciting as it is now. So look arround, try fly with few squads in the public servers, or even in private if you get invited and decide which one you would like to join. I flew several times with the =RvE= guys, we had some great sessions, I recieved a proposal to join and I didn't hesitate for instant. I have great times flying with them. It just gave me a totaly new(read much better) attitude to online flying.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=