The biggest mistake in military aviation history?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the F22 exhaust is effecting global warming. :pilotfly:

I couldn't believe the Euro bullshit either, CO2 taxes for airplanes? WTF? BETTER DAMN TAX THOSE INDUSTRIAL PLANTS!! Moneysucking leeches, and all the people are like 'yeah, whatever, we'll pay 30 euros more, eventhough the contribution of air travel to rising CO2 levels is only 1.5%'. Morons, trying to screw ignorant people.

So yeah, I won't be suprised if the F-22 got some air freshener dispenser to conform with air quality regulations :P

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Rhen

I stated that my post is my own opinion.

I stated that it was my opinion that all countries that develop aircraft should have put more effort in to stealth research.

I said I thought that, that was the biggest mistake in military aviation history. Actually I said that it COULD be the biggest mistake in military history.

For the life of me, I can not see how this whole thing blew up to what it is now!

Here is another way for me to say what I have been saying the whole time now:

If you posses a warplane that can be detected from only 10km away, you can do a hell of allot damage.

Stealth is one of the most important concepts in warfare. Soldiers wear camouflage, vehicles are painted in camouflage, radio silence is used, etc.

So what is wrong if I say that stealth technology in military aircraft is so important that in can not be ignored?

We all have the ability to judge for our selves.

When Hitler changed the bombing offensive from airfields to London during the Battle of Britain. That was the Biggest mistake in aviation history.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

FanBoy, I won't speak for Rhen, but I don't think he was talking about you.

Well if that is the case then I will have to apologise again.:poster_oops:

First of all, there are a few members in this thread who have taken every opportunity available to scream "America is evil".

Yes, show me a country the doesn't have blood on their hands.

It seems that the wrongs of some countries will always be brought up, but the wrongs of others are completely ignored.

And of course, then there are things that might not even be wrong but which are claimed to be wrong (I am not revering to any thing specific.).

On the "balance of power" topic, I already stated it earler in this thread. The East missed the "Stealth" boat through their own stupidity,..............Any questions? :D

By East, do you mean everybody east of the USA? :D

Of course the JSF will fix that for some.

I don't know why some guys are so anti-stealth. Wasn't one of the main reasons for putting IRST on Russian fighters so that they can attack other aircraft without warning?

P.S. Force Feedback, I hope you enjoyed the cricket!:harhar:

If some would like to point out the 200,000 civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, why not the 2,000,000+ in cities like Dresden...killed in the middle of the night...by a country that engaged in night-time carpet bombing and regularly painted the bottoms of their bombers black?

Both the Columbia Encyclopedia and Encarta Encyclopedia list the number as "from 35,000 to more than 135,000 dead", the higher figure of which is in line with Irving's incorrect retracted estimates for the Bombing of Dresden in World War II.

Anyway, overall, Anglo-American bombing of German cities claimed between 305,000 and 600,000 civilian lives in World War II .. Whether these attacks hastened the end of the war is a controversial question.

You can’t change things that happened in the past but my grand father told me anyway to take it as a lesson for the next generation to not let happen ever again!

BTW, nothing to do with "America is evil"

Napoleon and Hitler were evil!

A 3rd world war would be a last world war and also “end game over for everybody”

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |