Hello everyone New DCS Player

wizav

Hello everyone :)

I am new DCS 2.5 player, I've started playing and I am still onto basics with Su-25

I have question about Chute.. sometimes it opens properly and sometimes not (during landings)

When it does open properly ... I can easily stop the plane... but when it just drops out .. I have to wobble and finally stop the plane with W.

Why does my chute sometimes fail to open? I do approach the airfield 260-290... is there any specific speed when I should open the chute?

Also regarding the RETURN mode in HUD (which I use to align with Airfield) does it plot automatically only nearest Airfield or I can enter any runway/airfield I want... how does that work actually :doh:

I haven't started learning weaponry YET... nor I wont before I fully master take off, landings, etc..

Thank you all

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can learn navigation on this video:

JKLO_PC62_o

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

thank you all.

I have one more question for which I don't want to open a new thread:

Is there a difference between Steam and Non-Steam content?

I prefer Steam, but is there reason not go with Steam solution? (I've already downloaded Non-Steam ver.)

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, you cannot play the newest development from Eagle Dynamics. You are sitting always on the second row and can't use early acces discounts from Digital combat simulator. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Why does my chute sometimes fail to open? I do approach the airfield 260-290... is there any specific speed when I should open the chute?...

You are to fast, if i remember correctly you can deploy the chute below 250km/h.

I don't have the steam version but you can find the manuals of all your installed modules in your "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\your module\Doc folder"

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Is there a difference between Steam and Non-Steam content?

I prefer Steam, but is there reason not go with Steam solution? (I've already downloaded Non-Steam ver.)

I went with the non-Steam version. My reasons might not be valid for you, but here they are:

1. ED usually has earlier access to new modules and updates (although Steam is getting better now)

2. Steam sales are less often than ED discounts

3. Normal ED prices are cheaper than normal Steam prices (in my part of Europe anyway)

4. Non-steam DCS can still be added to the Steam launcher if desired

Really I didn't see any advantage to sticking to Steam. Also, some of the older keys can be bought on Steam and transferred to the non-Steam DCS. But even then, there's rarely an advantage to doing that.

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I have question about Chute.. sometimes it opens properly and sometimes not (during landings)

Why does my chute sometimes fail to open? I do approach the airfield 260-290... is there any specific speed when I should open the chute?...

You should be OK anywhere below 290. HOWEVER, be sure that your engines are at idle before releasing the chute. Otherwise a blown chute is likely.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hello everyone :)

I am new DCS 2.5 player, I've started playing and I am still onto basics with Su-25

Thank you all

Welcome aboard soldier! Prepare to burn away years of your life on this stuff :D

Since you're just starting out with DCS, you can consider yourself VERY fortunate, because this sim has been available for a very long time now, but just recently got a LOT better. The developer (Eagle Dynamics) recently made major improvements to the sim's core engine, and it now runs a lot better than it ever has.

As for your braking chute problems in the Su-25T, try deploying the chute at a lower speed. Too fast means too much force on the chute, and too much force means... bye bye chute :)

Peace and happy warfare

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!