If you want VRFree Gloves when flying DCS.....

lasvideo

:thumbup:

That's what I am patiently waiting on, Rift CV2.

Me too, but scratch the patiently part. It can't come soon enough!

Oculus did buy out a company that was doing a Kickstarter for a hand tracking solution that looked pretty decent at the time, seems like their investment has paid off.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Me too, but scratch the patiently part. It can't come soon enough!

Oculus did buy out a company that was doing a Kickstarter for a hand tracking solution that looked pretty decent at the time, seems like their investment has paid off.

Yeah I think so also.

I predict CV2 will be released second half of 2019. Sooner would be ideal for sure.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Test it how i have the leap motion but there’s no support in dcs

That is some old video and prove of concept. I hope there is some never and better version to use Leapmotion in SteamVR as controlers and use default DCS VR controlers support.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the ball is almost rolling on this. But as has been pointed out, other solutions have been out for months or years, apparently been in contact with ED and other sim vendors, but still little or no integration.

Just found some post here with prove of concept.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3382044&postcount=48

I think it is done the way I describe you. Try to find some newer tutorial about it.

So, the guy in the video pokes around with his hand, but they do not interact with the cockpit, so he just dances around with them, bc they are of no use in DCS, and this is called LEAP motion with DCS :mad:

--

What I really don't understand is, why is ED partnering with a company without a product, which is still "intending" on starting a go-fund-me so they can start serious development, when there are already developed solutions on the market, and we could have hand-tracking right now, if ED would keep up? :doh:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

If you can use leapmotion as Oculus controllers in other games than this emulation should work in DCS as well.

Point is you can give some gestures as clicking buttons on controllers. So palm up and palm down could be natural gestures for switching or pressing buttons.

I don't see why shouldn't work that way and if its need ED support shouldn't be complicated to implement it.

Leapmotion is not a source of the problem at all.

the problem i found when using leap in dcs as oculus controllers was that u need to be very accurate to click a small switch that paired with tracking your trigger finger as the click function as soon as u turn your wrist to get into position it stops tracking your index finger.

its good in fsx as u just make a pointing hand and place the finger on the switch for 2 seconds and it toggles it or u can grab throttles and so on.

one of the best features ive found in flyinside is the see through camera function. assign a joystick button to it and u can basicly switch between the simulator and the leap motions camera. its not perfect as its very wide angle and very bright IR but with a good sized black texter and a note pad u can make notes. if i got some maps printed in the right colouring i bet they would work to.

the problem i found when using leap in dcs as oculus controllers was that u need to be very accurate to click a small switch that paired with tracking your trigger finger as the click function as soon as u turn your wrist to get into position it stops tracking your index finger.

its good in fsx as u just make a pointing hand and place the finger on the switch for 2 seconds and it toggles it or u can grab throttles and so on.

one of the best features ive found in flyinside is the see through camera function. assign a joystick button to it and u can basicly switch between the simulator and the leap motions camera. its not perfect as its very wide angle and very bright IR but with a good sized black texter and a note pad u can make notes. if i got some maps printed in the right colouring i bet they would work to.

Yes, unfortunately, DCS doesn't have native support for Leapmotion but this proves concept as Leapmotion should be the best solution for interact hands in a cockpit. Best and cheapest one.

VRFree gloves will allow us to use our hands to flip switches and turn knobs in DCS aircraft.

http://www.sensoryx.com/product/vrfree_glove_system/

It will be a great immersion enhancer. If this sounds good to you, please sign the official petition to ask DCS to provide the necessary info to allow them to work in DCS. Otherwise it many never happen. If you would like to see DCS support VRFree gloves, please the petition at DCS VR Aviators.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1893278417412009/

(I was in contact with VRFree CEO and he thought this petition might help in their dealings with Eagle Dynamics).

UPDATE - Well, given the limited response so far, I doubt ED and VRFree gloves will spend the time and money to make it happen. It looks like X Plane is supporting them so if you want VR hands that work switches in a flight sim. it will be there.

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Yes, unfortunately, DCS doesn't have native support for Leapmotion but this proves concept as Leapmotion should be the best solution for interact hands in a cockpit. Best and cheapest one.

even with supportt its not better then gloves as leap motion cant track your fingers through your hands so u cant naturally move your hand around u have to hold them so they are visible to the leap motion camera which is awkward in a small cockpit.