Solution for TrackIR & Widescreen Aspect Ratio

With a bit of internet search I am finally able to change any Options in LockOn menu and still keep propper aspect ratio of 1.6 for widescreen monitor and TrackIR problem of stopping working. Here is a sweet solution :D

In main LockOn folder there should be a file called lockon.bat.

Edit this file and add following lines:

@echo off

change.com D:\Lock-On\Config\graphics.cfg "aspect = 1.333333373" "aspect = 1.6"

Del /f/q Config\TrackIR

Del /f/q Input\TrackIR.ini

start C:\WINDOWS\Procaff.exe /run 2 "D:\Lock-On\LockOn.exe"

exit

I think it's quite obvious what the 4 lines of code will do...

1. will reset the aspect ratio from default 4:3 to 10:6

2. will delete TrackIR file from Config folder

3. will delete TrackIR.ini file from Input folder

4. will start LockOn itself on 2nd CPU core*

*If you don't use multi core CPU just use "start LockOn.exe" insted.

Also the original LockOn.bat file had a line start deleteobsoletefiles.bat which I don't think you need (I just deleted that line).

Now, you will only need to get two files:

1. Procaff.exe utility

add it to C:\WINDOWS folder

download here: http://www.stefan-kuhr.de/procaff/main.php3

2. Change.com utility

add to main LockOn folder

download here: http://www.golden-triangle.com/CHANGE.ZIP

I tested it already and it's working like a charm :thumbup:

I've changed the shortcut poiting to LockOn.exe file to this LockOn.bat file... which will in turn reset aspect ratio to 1.6, then delete the 2 TrackIR files, then start LockOn on core 2.

So any time I wish to change something in LockOn Options menu within the game itself, this is no longer a problem where I'd have to manually go into each folder and file and make these changes myself... I don't have to do anything... I just restart LockOn via this same shortcut... and things are already set up the way I want them :smartass:

• Like 3

No longer active in DCS...

Kuky, i like your way of thinking :smartass:

it got me thinking,

so doing it this way after an ingame change still requires a restart before playing again, if i remember rightly you needed to do that anyway so you could then manually edit the required files to restore your aspect,

this does it all for you, just end and restart the game.

:thumbup:

great solution, we all know the aspect thing is a headache, not to mention the occassional game start with a motionless tracker, very well done.

great work, a nice touch using the games own .bat file,

i usually run that file after formating c:\, when lockon is on another partition.

wicked (excellent) stuff.

an excellent and relatively simple tweak.

no doubt it will be appreciated by widescreen, trackir and dualcore users all around the world :)

question from a dummy :joystick:

is there a benefit in using the 2nd core?

i'm currently trying to get any improvement from running two GPU's in SLI (which is a problem in itself) ----> see here , but ANY benefit at all is a bonus.

plus i do like the fix for track ir as i sometimes have my ir 4 pro fail and have to start deleting files.

Cool idea you have here

btw, do you know if we should keep these lines that was in the original .bat file?

rem regsvr32 /s msxml.dll

regsvr32 /s MOM.dll

Also, does anyone recommend doing the multi core thing if you are running in core 2 duo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SuperKungFu, I am very sure you don't need the "rem regsvr32 /s msxml.dll" line as it is just a comment.

I would suggest keeping the regsvr32 /s MOM.dll line as I think it has to something to do with ATI drivers.

Chat Problem

Hey I just got an Idea:

Maybe some of you (me too) have the Chat Problem:

screenshot003ru3.jpg

Your chat lines becomes too long. The problem can be found in your Lock On/Config/network/config.lua.

You have to change these lines:

};

chat {

height = x;

delay = y;

};

to

};

chat {

height = 95;

delay = 10000;

};

The problem is, that the game changes theese lines back after some time (don't know why).

So my idea is, to create a copy of your config.lua. Then you can create a batch, that always overwrites your copy as Config.lua before game starts.

Is it possible to add this to the LockOn.bat?

I do not know the Batch commands, maybe someone can help me...

Regards

Olli

sure you can... use the change.com line... change what file yu want to look in...then which original line to look for... then what you want the line text to be changed to, same like in the first post. You'll need to download the change.com file for this though.

Hey I just got an Idea:

So my idea is, to create a copy of your config.lua. Then you can create a batch, that always overwrites your copy as Config.lua before game starts.

Regards

Olli

In the "lockon.bat" you would need theese two lines :

copy myconfig.lua config.lua /y

Lockon.exe

where the myconfig.lua is the edited copy of your original config.lua

but ALWAYS have a backup before doing this things just in case :)

Hey I just got an Idea:

Maybe some of you (me too) have the Chat Problem:

screenshot003ru3.jpg

Your chat lines becomes too long. The problem can be found in your Lock On/Config/network/config.lua.

You have to change these lines:

};

chat {

height = x;

delay = y;

};

to

};

chat {

height = 95;

delay = 10000;

};

The problem is, that the game changes theese lines back after some time (don't know why).

Regards

Olli

If you hit ctrl-m to bring up the chat, you can drag it up and down.

• 2 years later...

extract everything in the procaff.zip directly into the windows folder, or just procaff.exe?

And should my bat file look like this?

@echo off

regsvr32 /s MOM.dll

change.com C:\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\graphics.cfg "aspect = 1.333333373" "aspect = 1.6"

Del /f/q Config\TrackIR

Del /f/q Input\TrackIR.ini

start C:\WINDOWS\Procaff.exe /run 2 "C:\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\LockOn.exe"

exit

Edited by Udat

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^^^

Been a while from this post, this is what I was using in XP (using Windows 7 64bit now and since CHANGE.COM doesn't work in 64bit I've dropped that bit, but still in 32bit OS your lockon.bat can look like this:

@echo off

CHANGE Config\graphics.cfg "aspect = 1.333333373;" "aspect = 1.6;"

DEL Config\TrackIR

DEL Input\TrackIR.ini

START Lockon.exe

EXIT

Notice I stopped using Procaff.exe since it's no longer neded, I think patch 1.12b sorted that out, maybe OS update, not really sure

Again, CHANGE.COM file goes into main LockOn directory and it's all you need

• Like 1

Damn that was fast Kuky!

I forgot to thank you for the fix, by the way..

So thanks mate, really appreciate the help :)

• Like 1

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

I've tried this out, and can't get it to work. My aspect ratio never changes to 1.6 unless I do it manually. I copied Kuky's last post and added it to the batch file, but nothing.. any ideas ? I have no idea how to write code, so anyone know what to put to get it working in Win 7 64 bit ?

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I've tried this out, and can't get it to work. My aspect ratio never changes to 1.6 unless I do it manually. I copied Kuky's last post and added it to the batch file, but nothing.. any ideas ? I have no idea how to write code, so anyone know what to put to get it working in Win 7 64 bit ?

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Oh yeah, I forgot to say unfortunately the CHANGE.COM file no longer works with 64-bit OS so in Windows 7 64bit you'll have to drop that line for changing text... on the bright side though once FC 2.0 is out you no longer will be needing this workaround

I did try it Kuky, without the CHANGE, both the word and the full line, and it will not change the graphics to 1.6. perhaps I'm doing it wrong..this is what I have currently..

@echo off

D:\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock on\Config\graphics.cfg "aspect = 1.333333373;" "aspect = 1.6;"

DEL Config\TrackIR

DEL Input\TrackIR.ini

START Lockon.exe

***whatver was in the batch file to begin with here

*** I think "rem regsvr32 /s msxml.dll

regsvr32 /s MOM.dll"***

EXIT

Do I just need what you have posted a few posts ago, or do I need to include everything that is in the batch file when you first open it to edit...

Thanks for your help..I'm doing this from work, so I can't remember

Well mate, CHANGE.com is the tool that opens the config file, changes the aspect and then saves it... without it, you're doing absolutely nothing. The line

'D:\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock on\Config\graphics.cfg "aspect = 1.333333373;" "aspect = 1.6;"'

is meaningless and will not set the aspect to 1.6 unless you use the CHANGE.com to do it. Which in the case of the 64 bit Win7 is not possible. Try googling for another text replacer or manually change that line every time you open the settings in FC...

Edit:

You guys are only changing 1 line in that file, out of 4 that have aspect = N values?

If so, I'm taking back my suggestion until I think of an alternative and/or you clarify, just to be safe.

Edited by topdog

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Well mate, CHANGE.com is the tool that opens the config file, changes the aspect and then saves it... without it, you're doing absolutely nothing. The line

'D:\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock on\Config\graphics.cfg "aspect = 1.333333373;" "aspect = 1.6;"'

is meaningless and will not set the aspect to 1.6 unless you use the CHANGE.com to do it. Which in the case of the 64 bit Win7 is not possible. Try googling for another text replacer or manually change that line every time you open the settings in FC...

Ok, guess I'll just keep manually changing it when I need to.

Thanks

I actually wrote this script today when I saw this thread. Really liked the idea and have used a simpler batch-file previously and just changed the ratio manually.

This file actually replaces the ratio in the correct places and removes the TrackIR files just like it should. It also starts Lock On with affinity set to core #2. :smartass:

I totally didn't know this much DOS-programming one hour ago but this does the trick nicely. Microsoft's developer center is really good with great examples! :thumbup:

Hope you enjoy it! Just paste this into a text document and save it as a .bat-file in your Lock On directory (otherwise you have to adjust the paths in the script).

I will just make sure everyone understands that I take no responsibility for how well or not this works for you. :D This, I guess, works in all flavours of windows using an NT core (i.e. XP and later)

@echo off
regsvr32 /s MOM.dll

rem ------ FREDRIK BOULUND 20100317
rem ------ THIS CODE MODIFIES THE LOCK ON GRAPHICS CONFIG FILE
rem ------  SO THAT IT CHANGES THE ASPECT RATIO FROM THE STANDARD
rem ------  SET 1.333333373 TO ANY CUSTOM ASPECT RATIO: JUST CHANGE
rem ------  THE NUMBER 1.6 WITH ANY RATIO YOU DESIRE, MAKE SURE NOT 
rem ------  TO REMOVE THE ";"! 
rem ------ THE SCRIPT CREATES A TEMPORARY FILE "temp.TMP" TO CREATE
rem ------  A MODIFIED COPY OF "graphics.cfg" BEFORE COMMITTING ALL
rem ------  CHANGES BY REPLACING THE ORIGINAL WITH THE COPY. 
rem ------ THE DELIMITER IS SET TO THE LETTER ö JUST BECAUSE I
rem ------  NEEDED SOMETHING THAT NEVER APPEARS IN THE FILE TO
rem ------  MAKE SURE THE VARIABLE %%L CONTAINS ENTIRE LINES.
for /F "delims=ö" %%L in (.\Config\graphics.cfg) DO (
       if "%%L"=="    aspect = 1.333333373;" (
		echo     aspect = 1.6;>> temp.TMP
       ) ELSE IF "%%L"=="        aspect = 1.333333373;" (
		echo         aspect = 1.6;>> temp.TMP
	) ELSE (
		echo %%L>>temp.TMP
       )
)
rem ----- OVERWRITES THE OLD "graphics.cfg" WITH THE NEW MODIFIED ONE.
copy /Y temp.TMP .\Config\graphics.cfg

rem ----- DELETES TEMPORARY FILES AND TrackIR FILES.
del /F/Q temp.TMP .\Config\TrackIR .\Input\TrackIR.ini

rem ----- DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS NEEDED?
start DeleteObsoleteFiles.bat

rem ----- STARTS LOCK ON WITH AFFINITY SET TO THE SECOND CORE.
start /AFFINITY 2 LockOn.exe

Edited by Boulund
  • Like 2

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

Yeah that should work, it's the same approach I posted then pulled heh, I just wasn't 100% sure since it would replace 3 of the 4 aspect= entries if that was desired or not, but that should work for XP -> Vista -> win7, whether 32-bit or 64-bit, except that XP wouldn't understand the /affinity parameter for the start command.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

I guess the only one that you're really interested in modifying is the one for in-game (Simulation), but I really don't think it makes a functional difference if it is set to 1.6 in menus anyway.

I should also mention that the script is rather ugly because it doesn't hide its output as it scrolls through the file, but hey - it works =)

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll