PLEASE fix the Mig-21 canopy glass.

Deano87

Can somebody from Mag3 Please spend some time fixing the canopy glass textures as seen from the inside of the cockpit? Currently the Mig-21 is unusable for me in 2.5, I've had to stop flying it completely because I can't see out of it 75% of the time. I personally don't care about the rest of the cockpit textures right now, just let me see out of it please!!! This has been Borked since PBR came in and its unbelievable its taken this long to be fixed!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Pretty sad that people paid money for this module and the devs can't be bothered to make a simple fix on this to make it flyable for it's customers.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Pretty sad that people paid money for this module and the devs can't be bothered to make a simple fix on this to make it flyable for it's customers.

Yeah, they've had 6 or 7 months to get this sorted out.. :disgust:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Oh no... I'd really buy mig 21 nad mig 15 modules but now I don't know.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Yeah, they've had 6 or 7 months to get this sorted out.. :disgust:

This is where ED needs to step in and demand the Dev fix this crap right away. This is where ED needs to show a little leadership for their title and reach out to the dev, who are obviously purposely ignoring the issue. This would take probably a very small amount of time to address( an hour, a couple?) but for some reason these devs act like they cannot hear the customers.

ED needs to step up as they have the ability to force them to address this. But does not seem that is ED's take on it. Hmm how can that be? DCS is THEIR title. They should be able to demand a 3rd party dev address such module breaking issues right away.

Oh no... I'd really buy mig 21 nad mig 15 modules but now I don't know.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

The Mig-15 doesn't suffer this issue, I've been flying it a lot recently :thumbup:

Proud owner of:

Guys,

cockpit glass along with the rest of cockpit textures is still under development. We've mentioned that in previous development update so it's known and being worked on, dont worry. But despite what some may seem to be suggesting, it is not an easy fix and reworking textures simply takes time. Rudel is doing this as fast as possible.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

... despite what some may seem to be suggesting, it is not an easy fix and reworking textures simply takes time. Rudel is doing this as fast as possible.

I understand, thanks a lot for clearing this and hope it will get fixed.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Guys,

cockpit glass along with the rest of cockpit textures is still under development. We've mentioned that in previous development update so it's known and being worked on, dont worry. But despite what some may seem to be suggesting, it is not an easy fix and reworking textures simply takes time. Rudel is doing this as fast as possible.

There is a difference between reworking all cockpit textures to be fully PBR compatible and fixing a blocking bug/issue that basically stops the aircraft from being flyable at all. ED had the F-15 which had the same issue fixed within a couple of weeks of PBR being released.

I personally have years of experience dealing with both texture maps and 3DS Max material settings and how they work within game engines and I can tell you that fixing the canopy glass and gunsight (if it has the same issue) is not 6 months work.

I kinda assumed this issue would have been fixed for the 2.5 release and was completely dumbfounded to find out that a bug that renders the aircraft all but unusable for combat that was present on the first day of PBR is still an issue several months later :doh:

I completely understand that reworking all the cockpit textures for PBR would take significant time. But at the moment you're not prioritising things correctly, you squash the big issues first and then work on the smaller stuff once the player base at least has a product that they can use! Barely being able to see out of the cockpit most of the time and not being able to see out of the cockpit AT ALL some of the time is a pretty friggin' big issue in my book.

Push a fix out.. I don't care if its quick, dirty and ugly, at least let me fly the aircraft the I paid for and SEE OUT.

D

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

Except of course 2.5 has only been out less than 3 months, so you might want to re-visit that statement and correct it.

Except of course that PBR has been in 2.2 since August last year and the Mig-21 has been exhibiting this issue since then.

Proud owner of:

Except of course that PBR has been in 2.2 since August last year and the Mig-21 has been exhibiting this issue since then.

Bingo. Along with other modules as well. Re-working the entire cockpit..sure that I can see will take a while. But to push out the canopy fix for these modules is not the same thing as reworking the entire cockpit. Canopy fixes for ALL of these modules should have been put out when the issues surfaced in 2.X. There are no other reasons they have not been made available other than A)lack of knowledge of the issue, which is ridiculous. Or B)They just don't care and are too focused on the next early release product to deal with their existing early release products. I am going with B from how the business model of DCS is.

Either way, the only ones who are suffering are the ones paying the bills, the customers. How is that good business?

Edited by Torso

There is a mod on the ACG teamspeak server that gives you a clear canopy, also I see a lot of the texture problems in the cockpit from 2.2 that affected the dials and labels of switches seem to be gone but yeah the glass is hard to see out of but I know they will fix, they are much smaller team then ed so I wouldn’t compare the two companies.

Also for the forth coming argument about how the community shouldn’t have to fix a pay ware module, I would just relax, most guys where using the clear glass cockpit anyway before 2.x.

Yeah I’m a dcs apologist, the sim speaks for itself, nothing else like it so I try to support the devs as much as possible and refrain from the angry criticism.

We all payed for it, they know it, and thank god they are still around to update it, how old is this module now?

Objective Criticism would be key here, lots and lots of objective criticism.

The canopy glare is over done, please give us a temp fix to just avoid frustrations, thank you.

really? read the rest of the forums, with ds on you get worse frame rates and terrible cockpits until it receives its fix

DS on=stuff broken

DS off=stuff broken

The broken stuff needs to be fixed. Simple.

DS on=stuff broken

DS off=stuff broken

The broken stuff needs to be fixed. Simple.

Very interesting! smile.gif

Could you explain detailed how to do it (which file etc)? Or please give me a link.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

There is a mod on the ACG teamspeak server that gives you a clear canopy, also I see a lot of the texture problems in the cockpit from 2.2 that affected the dials and labels of switches seem to be gone but yeah the glass is hard to see out of but I know they will fix, they are much smaller team then ed so I wouldn’t compare the two companies.

Also for the forth coming argument about how the community shouldn’t have to fix a pay ware module, I would just relax, most guys where using the clear glass cockpit anyway before 2.x.

Yeah I’m a dcs apologist, the sim speaks for itself, nothing else like it so I try to support the devs as much as possible and refrain from the angry criticism.

We all payed for it, they know it, and thank god they are still around to update it, how old is this module now?

Objective Criticism would be key here, lots and lots of objective criticism.

The canopy glare is over done, please give us a temp fix to just avoid frustrations, thank you.

What is the MOD with the clear canopy? I have clean cockpit mod, however deferred shading canopy glare is just as bad as with the stock cockpit.

What is the MOD with the clear canopy? I have clean cockpit mod, however deferred shading canopy glare is just as bad as with the stock cockpit.

I don't believe the deferred shading canopy glare issue can be modded away as its a 3DS Max material setting that needs to be altered and that can only be done with the original cockpit assets in max.

Proud owner of:

Hope they fix this soon. I've been flying the Mig21 like this the entire time I've had it, and I love the plane, but I really wish it was easier to spot F5, Harriers and Viggens in the cold war server. If contacts are ever in the direction of the sun it's extremly difficult.