RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Hey Avantar! Great to see you active again! 
So I just downloaded .52 and used a .51 file with the controllers assigned to that file UNplugged and it would still not let me open it. Any ideas? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to trying RS Mapper.  Currently using it for my Tobii Head tracking Enable/Disable toggle using Long Press on the same button I use for Centering my view.

Outstanding enhancement to DCS or any other game you want to create a profile for.

Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

I just came across this myself.  One advantage I clearly see over Joy2Key is the number of buttons recognized.  I can now use RS Mapper to program all of the switches on the Wingwing F/A18 start up panel for example.  Echoing what Meathawk asked is there any command line option to force RS Mapper to select a specific profile / or RSMapper File on start up?  Understanding that you can have multiple profiles under on RSMAPPER file, I'm guessing you would have to have a way to tell it what RSMAPPER file to load beyond "use last file" option under preferences.

If that were so, you could have an RSMAPPER file with one profile each for different aircraft and be able to load them with a script or batch file.

In any case, this is an AWESOME software utility that gives us more options and flexibility.  Thank you for your efforts and sharing this with the community!

@Avantar Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!  A thousand times Thank you for writing this!  Ever since I upgraded from my CH Products HOTAS to a set of VIRPILs.  I've been looking for a quality Key Mapper program to use in place of the CH Control Panel.  I've been trying to use Joystick Gremlin but couldn't get it to behave the way I wanted it to.  Your program has proven to work wonderfully.  Your newly added profile feature allows me to setup one file for each game with multiple profiles for the different aircraft.  The new import feature even means that, with some fiddling, I can build a base profile and duplicate it by renaming the file and importing the base profile multiple times.

Thank you.  I'd buy you a beer if there was a way to make a donation.

“If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.”

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."

― Shane Patton

Just found this myself as well. Great work!

Is it possible to somehow import all the current key mappings from DCS and select them for the buttons?  For a basic example, in DCS 'G' is already mapped to gear toggle. So in RSMapper, instead of creating this from scratch, can we select 'Gear Toggle' for a certain button? 

Thanks for any info.

On 12/15/2020 at 5:54 AM, FenechkA said:

Hi, little feature request for great programm.

reduce delay for "Long Press". 0.5 sec looks great.

or make it customizable through the "Preferences" menu.

Thumbs up for a way to Reduce time for Long Press. 

• 1000 ms is too long... even 700 ms will do. 

I tried Sequences - but that feature delays when the press will happen it does not work if you want to use a button for two keybinds via a Long Press.

• For example: I use a thumb button on my throttle to Re-Center a TrackIR / Tobii eye tracker camera.  I use that same button with a Long Press to Disable/Pause TrackiIR and Tobii. 

As it is now it works, but would be nice it the Long Press took "less-long".

Cheers.

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Is there a way to set a keypress to be held down the entire time you hold down a button?

― Nick Lappos

"If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing."

― Chuck Yeager

― Shane Patton

13 hours ago, Pac-Man said:

Check the boxes 
"Repeat" and "Continuous"

Thanks.  I'll try that.

― Nick Lappos

― Chuck Yeager

― Shane Patton

On 2/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, Nightstorm said:

I just came across this myself.  One advantage I clearly see over Joy2Key is the number of buttons recognized.  I can now use RS Mapper to program all of the switches on the Wingwing F/A18 start up panel for example.  Echoing what Meathawk asked is there any command line option to force RS Mapper to select a specific profile / or RSMapper File on start up?  Understanding that you can have multiple profiles under on RSMAPPER file, I'm guessing you would have to have a way to tell it what RSMAPPER file to load beyond "use last file" option under preferences.

If that were so, you could have an RSMAPPER file with one profile each for different aircraft and be able to load them with a script or batch file.

In any case, this is an AWESOME software utility that gives us more options and flexibility.  Thank you for your efforts and sharing this with the community!

There is a setting that will automatically load the last used profile.

― Nick Lappos

― Chuck Yeager

― Shane Patton

On 3/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, RollnThndr said:

Are there any plans to add the ability to use a modifier? Love the app so far.

I was coming here to ask about "modifiers". 

Just to be clear on what I am asking.  Is there a way to configure a button on the HOTAS that acts as a "modifier" to other buttons?

For example

Button 2 on the stick is configured as the spacebar.

I want to configure Button 5 on Throttle pressed WITH Button 2 on the Stick as RCtrl-J.

This gives an ability to use the same buttons on a single profile for different actions.

Thanks!

Love your software, @Avantar!  Thank you.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• 2 weeks later...

I started RS Mapper this morning and discovered that it didn't load my profile. When I attempted to load the profile I got an error message. Looking at the profile in Notepad ++ doesn't show any obvious errors. Is there any way to recover this? I have a lot of time invested in the profile.

I have attached the file

Thanks,

John

F-16C.RSMapper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Avantar this tools is great! Only an issue for italian keyboards, this keys aren't recognised:

<  ASCII code 60

< ASCII code 62

ì  ASCII code 222

' ASCII code 39

Attached the picture of an italian keyboards with keys highlighted,  can you fix it? 

itakey_rsmap1.PNG

Edited by qbcat

CPU:i5-8400@2,8GHz|GPU: GTX-1080Ti 11gb | RAM:48GB|Monitor LG38"" wide 3840x1600 | 2xSabrent SSD 2T Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280| VKB GladiatorMKII Kosmosima|

*** Perché volare? Semplice. Non sono felice a meno che non ci sia un po’ di spazio tra me e la terra. ***

On 4/11/2021 at 12:35 AM, Pac-Man said:

Have you unplugged ANY usb controller that was plugged in at the time you created that profile? 

I am sure I have. I have ten controllers currently attached to operate a simpit. Does this mean that every time I unplug a controller, for whatever reason, it will kill the profiles?

John

On 5/3/2021 at 12:24 PM, jmig said:

I am sure I have. I have ten controllers currently attached to operate a simpit. Does this mean that every time I unplug a controller, for whatever reason, it will kill the profiles?

John

You need to be sure the same controllers are plugged in when launching a profile as when the profile was created. You can edit the .xml but it's a real pain in the rear. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

@Avantar,

How do you set the Communication menu that is triggered by the "\" button? In the dropdown list there is the left & right backslash but not the single button (ASCII "92").

Thanks.

Bonjour,

Je viens d'utiliser RSMapper et il me semble très bien et intuitif, je le préfère largement à TARGET. Toutefois, je me pose une question très simple, comment à l'aide d'un fichier batch (j'ai un fichier batch pour chaque avion DCS qui lance le trackIR puis DCS) lancer RSMapper en lui demandant de charger le profil de l'avion souhaité. Je faisais cela avec TARGET mais là, je n'y arrive pas.

Sinon, ayant 4 périphérique (2 en construction), j'ai bien l'intention de généraliser l'utilisation de RSMapper.

I just used RSMapper and it looks very good and intuitive to me, I much prefer it to TARGET. However, I am asking myself a very simple question, how using a batch file (I have a batch file for each DCS aircraft that launches the trackIR then DCS) launch RSMapper by asking it to load the profile of the desired aircraft. I was doing this with TARGET but now I can't.

Otherwise, having 4 peripherals (2 under construction), I intend to generalize the use of RSMapper.

Cordialement,

Arcools.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello
Is it possible to use RS Mapper on an old game from 1998 and Windows XP?
I have tested RS Mapper and I do not have access to the sequence function

Thank you in advance for your help

RS Mapper séquence grisé.PNG

Has anyone figured out how to get LWIN as a modifer?  For example, Active Pause is LSHIFT + LWIN + PAUSE.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .