RS Mapper Release

Avantar

Sure, this is not something difficulty, it will take some time to find its way into the program, I will add it to my backlog

awesome, than you!!

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

This is implemented in beta version of RS Mapper currently in tests (albeit a bit separate, not as modifier but serving the same function).

I think I *can* add windows buttons as a called out modifiers but this will be in next release.

Thank you very much.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hi, very good app you have here.

I'm having a small problem with it. I have my stick and throttle plugged in to a USB hub with power buttons for each USB device, so I can power up/down my devices when I need to use them.

Well, I usually power down my devices after using them, then if I open RSMapper after that it won't find those devices and just quits.

When opening RSMapper with the devices powered off it shows a message that it couldn't find the devices for my profile, then if I power on my devices with RSMapper running it won't show/find the new devices, it just shows what was powered when the app started.

Maybe add a refresh button to look for recently plugged new devices?? or some other way to still show the devices for the startup profile even they aren't connected/powered yet, and when they are finally powered everything works ok without having to quit and restart RSMapper in order for the app to recognize the devices..??

Thanks for the great work on this app!

Pablo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this tool Avantar!

I've been using it with my TM Warthog for all my planes for a month and I wouldn't go back.

Do you already know when the new version will be available? I'm especially eager to use the Left-Win key as a modifier, like several others here.

How hard would it be to have one button go through several keys and optionally cycle? For example, each time you push the same button, you go like A->B->C and stop at C or A->B->C->A->B->C->etc... and cycle?

Thanks!

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Hi Davidp57, I will try to answer your two questions best I can:

1. As for TM Target I never used it, but I heard it is not user friendly and is difficult to use. I would assume they have similar functionality (although I am not sure if Target features profile-change-on-button-press function)

2. As for multiple position switches you are only partly right. DCS does support multiple position switches like autopilot or flaps on TM warthog throttle base. BUT most of the switches in that throttle base (or devices like MJoy) are single button only. Take APU button for example. It only registers in DCS on START position - as Joy Button 20. When you move it back to off DCS will not recognize this as a valid button entry and will do nothing - at least in some modules (checked in KA-50). RS Mapper explicitly allows you to map action at any button release, regardless of module or sim you are using.

Hi Avantar,

For WH products the Target Script Editor will accomplish what you are doing. Most use just basic Target which is just that . . . basic. :)

But . . . . I have a TM Throttle and a VKB stick. My issue is that I would like both sticks to recognize when a modifier key is pressed to change modes between devices. A program that will serve the same function or better than the Target Script Editor which only works on the WH.

Thanks for a superb program.

Cats . . . .

Great APP!! In the future can you add the ability for the app to remember it's last window size and layout?

The only issue I've noticed is the long press doesn't seem to work correctly with mouse buttons. It seems to act more like the release button action.

Thanks

Hi,

I have Xpadder also but I find your RS Mapper a lot more intuitive and easy to use.

Just a couple "request" that I think could make your tool even better:

-Custom sound or graphic overlay (maybe user could choose a wav or ogg) to "announce" which Profile you shift to. Never 100% sure to know in which Profile you are until you try the buttons.

Would be great also to have a way to "ensure or announce" which is the current loaded Profile.

-Could we use a key on the keyboard to trigger a certain Profile shift? We never have enough buttons in the joy :].

Thanks for all the work so far Avantar, very handy tool !!! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Gents for the life of me I can't get Launch Bar Extend to work. Retract is fine. I'm using a On/Off 2 position switch. I do have the exact same situation working for the ldg/taxi light switch and I have a on/off/on switch for flaps functional as well.

It is functional and working as the others are in RS Mapper but will not work in DCS. Extend is on the off position (RL). Retract in the SP and LP just won't do it.

Using leo bodnar bbi-32

Is anyone else having this issue or know of why it wouldn't work on that one command?

Edited by Gladman

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Gents for the life of me I can't get Launch Bar Extend to work. Retract is fine. I'm using a On/Off 2 position switch. I do have the exact same situation working for the ldg/taxi light switch and I have a on/off/on switch for flaps functional as well.

It is functional and working as the others are in RS Mapper but will not work in DCS. Extend is on the off position (RL). Retract in the SP and LP just won't do it.

Using leo bodnar bbi-32

Is anyone else having this issue or know of why it wouldn't work on that one command?

I think it may be related to animation / effects that this command trigger. Can you try using "continuous" option for the taxi light and launch bar and let me know if this helped?

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gave it a try. Didn't work. Here's couple crappy video's so you can see what I'm seeing.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Gave it a try. Didn't work. Here's couple crappy video's so you can see what I'm seeing.

I've done some trials and what I observed is that indeed switch from Launch Bar Retracted to Extended will not fire if a "single press' event is triggered. If I manually click on the control and then use the button again it will go from extended to retracted. What I also noticed is that *sometimes* when I set single press to continuous, then it will drop the launch bar (managed couple of times but not always). My guess is that for some Hornet controls there is some delay built into the cockpit and RS Mapper simulated presses are too fast to register. I will try to test simulating these keypresses with different duration (via code ofc, not by holding the button) and then I should see if it can be resolved. Still, this will require considerable refactoring of the primary keypress functionality :(

Avantar

My rig: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI; HyperX Fury RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3200MHz DDR4 CL16; Intel Core i9-10900KA; Zotac RTX 3090; HOTAS Warthog; HOTAS Cougar; MFD Cougar; Track IR 5; Saitek Pro Flight rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I do appreciate you looking into it. If there's anything I can do to help, jet let me know.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Well I do appreciate you looking into it. If there's anything I can do to help, jet let me know.

OK, I can confirm that the issue can be resolved and is working fine if duration is set to 75ms for a keypress. It's already working in sequence functionality (still closed beta) but prior to release I intend to rework regular actios to this new method as well. Will work fine! :)

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well that's great news. Once again, I really appreciate your time on this.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

• 3 weeks later...

Bonjour Avantar

Thank you very much for this great soft :thumbup:

Personally I have a joy CH products and their soft Control Manager, which allows to assign at least 3 functions to the same button, and that's enough for me (the maximum possible being 32 ..) Mais çà ne fonctionne pas sous DCS !

To do this the joy has a button 'mode' and each time it turns on my joy a led (there are 3) this just to explain its operation.

Does your soft, can allow to assign several functions (3) if possible to the same button, assigning a button 'for mode change'.

I hope that the French / English translation will be understandable.

Thank you for your great work.

Bonjour Avantar

Thank you very much for this great soft :thumbup:

Personally I have a joy CH products and their soft Control Manager, which allows to assign at least 3 functions to the same button, and that's enough for me (the maximum possible being 32 ..) Mais çà ne fonctionne pas sous DCS !

To do this the joy has a button 'mode' and each time it turns on my joy a led (there are 3) this just to explain its operation.

Does your soft, can allow to assign several functions (3) if possible to the same button, assigning a button 'for mode change'.

I hope that the French / English translation will be understandable.

Thank you for your great work.

Hi Chris,

yes - the RS Mapper allows to assign any number of functions to the same button - not just 3 but as many as you want. you just assign a profile change to other button and then in the new profile you assign different action to buttons. And again, again and again :)

Avantar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Chris,

yes - the RS Mapper allows to assign any number of functions to the same button - not just 3 but as many as you want. you just assign a profile change to other button and then in the new profile you assign different action to buttons. And again, again and again :)

I can confirm this, that works great, the only limitation is the amount of buttons that can be used as profiles switch selector :)

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective