DCS Heli advice needed

Aries101

Hello.

In absence of better place to put this question, this sounded like best alternative.

I already have some planes, and KA-50 (which was waaay to fast decided to buy lol) and I am now kinda stuck. I know we are all here to use all those planes and helis in fight, but I am more of a pacifist so I was thinking to get one of helicopters. KA-50 is almost a nightmare for me. I eventualy learn to start it and I guess i "can" land it if I realy try, but that is it. Wasted a lot of cash on wrong addon. I am trying to be more careful so here is what i would like. I am even not sure if there is anything much to do in DCS other than shooting stuff, like carry supplies or something in that line. As I saw advertising vids, both of alternatives wich I was considering (MI 8 or Huey) aims straght of the bat to fight. Now I was thinking about MI 8 since i am almost positive that guys did transport some ground units in game with it and I guess if i wanna die alot i can try to use its fight variant. I would actualy need heli that is rather simple to start, that requires no 30 minutes of switching just to get it prepped for flight and not to agressive controls would be nice. My country had those up to recently, so I am almost positive that Mi 8 fits that . Anyway, feel free to help and advise.

Tommy

Thank you

I fly helos (All of them) on MP a lot and in Blue Flag and DDCS at least, here's plenty of non-shooting flying to be done. In Blue Flag you fly crates around and unpack to set up defences, repair bases, transport troops to capture etc. In DDCS you have to sling load crates to set up defences and convoys etc. Very little shooting happens from helos (besides the KA50 and two of the Gazelle variants).

If you want to have the easiest to start and go, the Huey is the thing. You flip about 4 switches and it goes. It is quite slow though and is tricky to sling-load with.

The Mi8 has a bunch of steps to do to get it to go, about the same amount as the Ka50, but after a while you can do them in your sleep. ITO sling loading and general comfort, the Mi8 is the best one, and is my favourite of the transport choppers.

Hello.

In absence of better place to put this question, this sounded like best alternative.

I already have some planes, and KA-50 (which was waaay to fast decided to buy lol) and I am now kinda stuck. I know we are all here to use all those planes and helis in fight, but I am more of a pacifist so I was thinking to get one of helicopters. KA-50 is almost a nightmare for me. I eventualy learn to start it and I guess i "can" land it if I realy try, but that is it. Wasted a lot of cash on wrong addon. I am trying to be more careful so here is what i would like. I am even not sure if there is anything much to do in DCS other than shooting stuff, like carry supplies or something in that line. As I saw advertising vids, both of alternatives wich I was considering (MI 8 or Huey) aims straght of the bat to fight. Now I was thinking about MI 8 since i am almost positive that guys did transport some ground units in game with it and I guess if i wanna die alot i can try to use its fight variant. I would actualy need heli that is rather simple to start, that requires no 30 minutes of switching just to get it prepped for flight and not to agressive controls would be nice. My country had those up to recently, so I am almost positive that Mi 8 fits that . Anyway, feel free to help and advise.

Tommy

Thank you

Took me about 2 years to get pretty good in Ka-50. Other than the text stuff and YouTube videos, I am self taught. At age 66 she is more than enough for me. Switching back and forth between other copters or aircraft, coming back to Ka-50 I find I have to relearn stuff (usually within one day). Starting to see the negative memory issues.

Huey and Mi-8 : Go visit Multi-Player 104th Phoenix, Blue Flag and DynamicDCS.com servers for hauling supplies and troops as to some interesting fun.

Mi-8 and Huey are relatively easy after being with the Ka-50 as to less complicated systems to learn.

Gazelle I have, but have not used it much so there are better qualified guys to ask as to how she performs.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mi-8 !

You won't regret the Mi-8, I am utmost sure.

The Ka-50 needs some dedication and time. You need to think like she does, then she flies very very well. Take your time with the Ka-50. It's a very nice Helicopter with unique capabilities.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X