Open Beta 2.5 run with full lags

Hello guys, since the laste update arround 2 weeks, I am not able to run the simulator without sacades. I have 16 g memory used at 85%. My configuration is i7 with video card NVIDIA GTX 960.

I runed a disck compactor; deleted maximum resident programs but nothing is better. Somebody can say what happen and how to solve this issue ?:mad:

Thank you for your help

There is a memory leak ED is working on. Wait for the release version of 2.5 or you can lower you settings and give it a try as well. Maybe you are

not able to run at max settings.

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi

look at my crash advice below in my signature

remove any unofficial mods ( if any) run a cleanup and repair, and make a backup of your DCS.Openbeta folder in saved games folder.

restart DCS redo your settings and test, bare in mind the first load will always take longer as it is generating shaders

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's their dreaded (and apparently yet to be solved) memory leak - or at least it sounds like it is. Same issue here. Even got an additional 16 gigs or ram (now totaling 32 gigs), still have massive issues with DCS in it's current state - even with most of the settings turned down to minimum or real close to it. Can run iRacing, and several other games with my Oculus Rift CV1 without any issues, with graphics cranked up - alas, with DCS I can barely get off the ground (figuratively). So frustrating. Have hardly played it over the last month, declined further over the previous month - and before that was logging 20-40 hours a week at times, plus or minus even.. Such a shame, hope I will have the courage to fly after they fix it, if they do. Not even excited about the F18 that I pre-purchased anymore. Just expecting it to stay broken now. :/

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I used to use a 960 until recently, the best thing I found to do with that card is to cap the frame rate to 30fps, then it kinda runs quite smoothly even with fairly high settings, so you could give that a go, not 100% sure that will help but no harm in trying.

Look for this file autoexec.cfg in your DCS Saved Games\DCS\Config folder and add a this line:

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

I have replaced my GTX 970 8GB with a GTX 1080 Gaming 8 GB last week and since that time I have done some simple performance monitoring using the Task Manager's Performance tab.

My frame rate was down to around 30 lately, and that has gone up into the seventies. Flying is smoother in general.

But the short freezes are still there. I have observerd that, when a freeze occurs, the GPU load drops dramatically. My interpretation is that the supply of graphics data from the program to the GPU stalls sometimes and this causes the short freezes. Dedicated GPU RAM stays at about 90% load during these times.

I also have a feeling that the problem is more frequent in MP. I was flying Burning Skies (road to Evreux) last week-end and I had a number of freezes in situations where they did harm (like during a low-level bomb run against a ship). But I'm not flying MP often enough to have statistically relevant observations.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I've stated this before on several posts, but your VRAM has a HUGE impact on RAM usage in DCS.

I can run a multiplayer server with a couple others and my RAM will not exceed 5 or so GB in hours of flying If I join the 104th for example, my RAM usage is even lower, like 4GB. I have my graphics settings maxed out at 1920x1080.

I think it is due to my 11GB of VRAM as the system does not need to use RAM to compensate. My buddy has 4GB VRAM card and 32GB RAM and he sees usage of like 22GB RAM, but he also runs a higher resolution so I would expect more VRAM usage anyway.

That's not saying there isn't an issue with RAM/VRAM efficiency with DCS as we can all see that, just that users with lower VRAM may be seeing RAM increases coming from VRAM being totally utilized.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

• ED Team
After all updates the game Is lagging, all the time! Cant use It. Bought airplanes fore hundreds of dollars, and upgrades the computer but It dont works! This Is not what I payed fore!

2.5 Is in beta public test, so bare that in mind.

Follow this advice

Ensure windows and all drivers are up to date

Rename DCS.openbeta folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup )

remove any unofficial modifications ( if any )

run a cleanup and repair (guide in my signature)

restart DCS and redo your desired options

retest, first start will always take longer the shaders have to be generated.

If you are still having problems.

attach your dcs.log

a screenshot of your ingame settings

and full system specification ( dxdiag if possible )

to a post and we will try to help you.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I used to use a 960 until recently, the best thing I found to do with that card is to cap the frame rate to 30fps, then it kinda runs quite smoothly even with fairly high settings, so you could give that a go, not 100% sure that will help but no harm in trying.

Look for this file autoexec.cfg in your DCS Saved Games\DCS\Config folder and add a this line:

options.graphics.maxfps = 30

Not trying to undermine anyone's gripes here as legitimate as they are. But I run a GTX960 4GB with I7 8700K/32MB Ram (in Nevada), on SSD with OS, with High settings and I`m getting 30-55 FPS. It is very smooth as well. This includes lots of traffic, etc.

Just thought I would mention that because I`m surprised how the GTX 960 holds up with DCS 2.5. Temps are 40-50c on both CPU (50%) and GPU (90%) after solid hour of flying. No overclock on the CPU. On the other hand, I had a lock up in the Caucasus map (which seemed like a memory leak) when I changed view 180 degrees over a densely populated "tree" area after flying over for approx ten minutes. The FPS count suddenly went from 40 to 1 and locked up. In Nevada everything seems fine except for obvious drop in frames over Las Vegas which is to be expected. . .but no lock-ups.

Note: I am not experiencing any stutters or detectable random freezes while flying solo in SP. I should also note that my system is brand new build with older GFX card (GTX960 4GB). New Win10 OS on SSD M.2 NVMe 960 EVO (Nothing else on the drive other than OS and DCS). All up to date drivers with most unnecessary background tasks disabled. Furthermore, DCS boots up very fast as well which is probably due to the M.2 SSD and initial caching of the shaders. I am also running at 2560x1440 res on 29" 4K 60MHz Monitor.

The above experiences were in the UH-1H Huey Module.

Edited by Emra
Adding more information

After all updates the game Is lagging, all the time! Cant use It. Bought airplanes fore hundreds of dollars, and upgrades the computer but It dont works! This Is not what I payed fore!

2.5 is still in beta, 1.5 was fine and it's the stable release at the moment. You can't complain for lags on a beta

It's a beta, make yourself aware what this means. If you don't like it, take the stable 1.5.8 branch.

It also doesnt run bad for everybody. It runs fine on many rigs with a few hiccups here and there but in general it is usable, AS A BETA. It's there to test & report, not to fly & have fun only. Betas are there to troubleshoot.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

2.5 is still in beta, 1.5 was fine and it's the stable release at the moment. You can't complain for lags on a beta

If no one complain, then developer would not know that it was something wrong with the game would they?

I have random lags. The game stops up to 30 seconds and its very....But I hope they will fix it.

If no one complain, then developer would not know that it was something wrong with the game would they?

I have random lags. The game stops up to 30 seconds and its very....But I hope they will fix it.

That's not the point, that is exactly what a beta is for.

Just some think a Beta will run without ANY glitches and crashes...well...NO !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hello guys, since the laste update arround 2 weeks, I am not able to run the simulator without sacades. I have 16 g memory used at 85%. My configuration is i7 with video card NVIDIA GTX 960.

I runed a disck compactor; deleted maximum resident programs but nothing is better. Somebody can say what happen and how to solve this issue ?:mad:

Thank you for your help

Hi Dominique, have you tried checking your PCIe bandwidth with GPUz ? You should give it a try. See here for instructions : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202654

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.