Crashes 2.5

cwillett

Hello All....Fresh noob here.

Looking at the threads there seems to be a lot of crashes. So hopefully this is being worked on ED.

I am have experienced a crashes every time I try training or quick mission. Being new thought I'd post the crash log just in case there is something on my end.

I wouldn't know where to start or looking at the log, so I thought I'd post the zip for someone way smarter and experienced than me to take a look at and see if there is something I can do on my end.

Much appreciated for any help or tips you can share.

Love this sim and really wanting to learn, but not being able to move forward with crashes is frustrating to say the least.

HELP.....Please!

dcs.log-20180325-222029.zip

My Rig: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-7700k, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Asrock Z170 Pro4S, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, WD 500GB HDD, GTX1080Ti, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle & Joystick.

• ED Team

Hi cwillett

welcome to the forum

If you have not already please see my crash advice post below.

It will show you how to do a cleanup and repair and create a fresh saved games folder

this will ensure your have a clean install and no settings issue.

The team will look at the logs so thank you, it looks like a gpu driver crash,

can you tell me which mission gives you the most reliable crash I will try to replicate on my machine.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I have ran a cleanup and repair several times. I’ll. Try again to make sure I’m completing all steps.

As for missions, basically I can go sometimes in training for 5 or 10 minutes. In a basic “create fast mission” with nothing customized....just hitting fly, I can’t get off the ground.

My Rig: Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7-7700k, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Asrock Z170 Pro4S, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, WD 500GB HDD, GTX1080Ti, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Throttle & Joystick.

• ED Team

make sure you try the fresh saved games folder also, just to be sure

it is late this side of the planet so I may not reply until the morning now. :)

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FYI....I created a fresh games folder and then ran another cleanup and repair.

It downloaded some files and went through the process.

Looked great and was able to get in and fly longer than I ever have. Thought I was good to go, but then it crashed again.

Tried again and was able to get about 20-30 minutes in and a freeze/crash.

Did the fresh folder, cleanup, and repair process again.

Still getting the same results.

When and if you have a moment to see if you have any other thoughts or advice from looking at the crash log, I would appreciate.

Thanks again!!

To me it looks like your GPU driver is corrupt, lots of DX11 errors with '...device missing..'

If you have the newest driver, go back 1 step. If you have an older driver, get a newer one.

Use DDU , displaydriveruninstaller, to assist you from guru3d.com.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks for your help. I've tweaked a bunch and tried what BigNewy suggested several times.

Actually just uninstalled 2.5 and reinstalled 1.5 and have had no issues.

I guess I will stick with 1.5 for now. 2.5 is just not working for me.

If it is on my end or issues with my GPU drivers wound't those same issues happen for me in 1.5?

Just hate to start messing with anything to deep on my machine if it's issues with the beta 2.5

I have been have a persistant problem of missing terrain. It seems to be occuring in the same geographical location within the map(Both Caucasus and Nevada. It happen around the time deferred shading was introduced; really since updated to 2.5. No such issue was present in ver 1.5. Not much fun lately. Win 7 SP1 ultimate,Intel Xeon R CPU Quad-cores, 16GB DDR3 RAM W3520 @ 2.67 GHz,Nvidia GTX 750 ti, X-55 Rhino HOTAS

Still no Luck

Not sure what to do here. I used DDU to uninstall GPU drivers and reinstalled most up to date drivers. Which what was what tech support recommended on a ticket I created.

Freshly loaded Open Beta 2.5 today and still getting the crashes.

Tried to see if 1.5 would work any better with the fresh driver updates and having same result.

Very frustrating since this is a new machine I purchased to primarily run DCS.

Lots of $$ invested to not be able to get more than 5-10 min without a crash in 1.5 or 2.5.

Attached are the most recent logs from crashes in 1.5 and 2.5.

Any other thoughts or advice anyone might have that could possibly diagnose what is happening from the crash logs would GREATLY be appreciated

• ED Team

It is difficult to diagnose.

the dcs.log does not show anything very unusual that would indicate why the gpu driver is crashing and removing your device.

Basic advice, if you have not already give them a go.

Make sure windows and all drivers are up to date

give DCS admin permissions in windows

add DCS to your antivirus allowed list

check you have these installed

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Thanks for hanging with me. I’ll give that a try in a bit

So I have updated and reinstalled drivers, checked GPU temp, ran benchmarks, reinstalled DCS twice, ran clean and repair several times, turned off antivirus, run as admin, you name it.

I have spent countless hours reading the forum, sending crash report to tech support (only to get the same advice I've read and already tried.

I've installed on another machine with same results.

I've spoke with Nvidia tech support and cleared my video card as an issue.

I have a friend who is a coder for IBM who I sent a crash report to. He's not familiar with DCS but his comment was.....

"The one single thing that points to this being a software issue is that call to a d3d API with an invalid argument (parameter). I know if I call a program but don't pass the correct parameters, that's exactly what I'd expect to see.

I don't know what that means, but I've come to the conclusion the issue has to be in the software.

Looking at the trend of how many post have been made regarding the software freezing/crashing issue. I've read a ton of things to try but I haven't read one where there was a solution or fix.

I hope DCS is looking at the forum and what seems to be a pretty consistent and common issue.

For now, I have no choice but to throw in the towel and hope that they can make this more stable. I love it for 5, 10 and 15 minutes at a time. But the frustration has got the best of me.

Hopefully they are looking at the forum because there is definitely a trend.

For now I guess I'll have to stay in the hangar.

Crash Update-Frustration

So I have updated and reinstalled drivers, checked GPU temp, ran benchmarks, reinstalled DCS twice, ran clean and repair several times, turned off antivirus, run as admin, you name it.

I have spent countless hours reading the forum, sending crash report to tech support (only to get the same advice I've read and already tried.

I've installed on another machine with same results.

I've spoke with Nvidia tech support and cleared my video card as an issue.

I have a friend who is a coder for IBM who I sent a crash report to. He's not familiar with DCS but his comment was.....

"The one single thing that points to this being a software issue is that call to a d3d API with an invalid argument (parameter). I know if I call a program but don't pass the correct parameters, that's exactly what I'd expect to see.

I don't know what that means, but I've come to the conclusion the issue has to be in the software related.

Looking at the trend of how many post have been made regarding the software freezing/crashing issue. I've read a ton of things to try but I haven't read one where there was a solution or fix.

I hope DCS is looking at the forum and what seems to be a pretty consistent and common issue. I love it for 5, 10 and 15 minutes at a time. But the frustration has got the best of me.

Hopefully they are looking at the forum because there is definitely a trend.

My machine specs should be more than enough to handle. The frustration is that I have quite a bit invested in this and there in no where to turn. You can't really go to tech support, they direct you to the forum. The forum has seems to have really great people willing to help, but after trying everything suggested, there is now were else to go. Basically your brand new $2000+ rig running nothing but the OS and DCS with no mods simply can't execute....Sorry.

For now, I have no choice but to throw in the towel and hope that they can make this more stable.

Sadly I have also put DCS into moth balls until they present a release version. Kept trying since the 2.5 drop, but frustration with a capable machine isn’t a good “fun time activity.” Shame, for a great functioning product to be sidelined this massively due to making it look better. I’d happily take to old at this point.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Are you able to run any other intensive 3d game for longer than an hour?

- if not, temperature buildup could be causing problems.

- try a benchmark for an hour

- 3dmark for GPU

- pcMark for CPU test

Are any components overclocked.

- Try running stock speed.

Have you run a memory test program?

- Bad memory will cause crashes on every program.

Is it an application crash, or a bluescreen? Do you need to reboot after a crash?

- bluescreens are mostly hardware or driver related.

Did you download the game fresh off dcs website or do you have some local copy?

You say you tried to run on another computer but have similar results. Did you share ANY components? Even something like a mouse?

Troubleshooting is a process of elimination. Running any other game for long periods will exclude a lot of usual suspects.

I ve ran a few thing VR in the rift software.

I’ve ran PCmark, 3D mark, VR Mark and gaming. All pass either scores 90% + avg.

GPU temps have not been high. 67c at time of crashes

No overclocking

No blue screens, just game freezes and pop up informing of crash

Downloaded only from DCS site...4 times actually

Have not tried to test memory. Do you have a utility you recommend to do so?

I have ran some games in Oculus software w no problem. Don’t have any other games loaded.

Is there a game recommended to try that would put it through a test?

Thanks for your input. I’m willing to try anything at this point.

OB 2.5 crashed again!

Still crashes almost daily, usually when I come close to the end of a mission.

I attach the log file just in case it might be useful.

It shows a line about access violation:

EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at F53C7197 00:00000000

dcs.log-20180402-162740.zip

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

@Le Cuvier : Can you send us the mission that makes DCS crash? It seems it calls for a LUA file that no longer exists.

ERROR Lua::Config: Call error Sounder_create:Can't find sounder GroundUnits/Artillery/Smerch.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

A file "Smerch.lua" exists, but not in the path indicated by the log file. It's under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\Sounders\GroundUnits\WeaponSystem\MLRS".

Also I don't believe that this "missing" file causes the crash. I have played that mission several times and it crashed only once.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Fresh Install DCS & Window-Still Crashing

So I took a few days off to get away from the frustration of everything I've tried to do for countless hours over the past couple of weeks.

Yesterday I did a fresh install of windows and DCS hoping I would have a chance to fly more than 5-10 minutes.

With nothing but DCS, Oculus software and Windows on this machine....the frustration continues.

Once again...can anyone take a look at this log and make any determination of where to start?

This is a new machine. Have ran every benchmark suggested fixes I can think of.

I just want find out if it's a hardware or software issue. PLEASE....anyone

dcs.log-20180405-005934.zip

It will hurt, but we are going to have to admit that for the majority of the player base, the stability of DCS has tanked-hard.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PLEASE....anyone
Crossposting won't solve your problem. But reading answers to your previous posts might.

I told you here that your brand new graphics card is the culprit. Your last log confirms it: I still see the dreadful "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" error message. You should try lowering the frequencies of your 1080 Ti to the recommended nVidia frequencies.

EDIT: You should also check that your card is using PCIE slot 1 instead of slot 4 (see your motherboard's manual, page 17).

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• ED Team
So I took a few days off to get away from the frustration of everything I've tried to do for countless hours over the past couple of weeks.

Yesterday I did a fresh install of windows and DCS hoping I would have a chance to fly more than 5-10 minutes.

With nothing but DCS, Oculus software and Windows on this machine....the frustration continues.

Once again...can anyone take a look at this log and make any determination of where to start?

This is a new machine. Have ran every benchmark suggested fixes I can think of.

I just want find out if it's a hardware or software issue. PLEASE....anyone

Hi

I have watched the track in hope I would get a crash, but nothing for me. Whatever is happening it is causing your gpu driver to reset

2018-04-05 00:59:34.582 ERROR DX11BACKEND: failed to create vertex buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

2018-04-05 00:59:34.582 ERROR DX11BACKEND: failed to create index buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

2018-04-05 00:59:34.584 INFO EDCORE: try to write dump information

2018-04-05 00:59:34.586 INFO EDCORE: # -------------- 20180405-005934 --------------

2018-04-05 00:59:34.587 INFO EDCORE: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll

2018-04-05 00:59:34.588 INFO EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 20A45520 00:00000000

2018-04-05 00:59:34.907 INFO EDCORE: Minidump created.

2018-04-05 00:59:34.910 INFO DCS: try to write track file

2018-04-05 00:59:35.515 INFO DCS: 'C:\Users\jcwil\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\dcs.20180405-005934.crash' deleted successfully

2018-04-05 00:59:35.594 INFO DCS: 'C:\Users\jcwil\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\dcs.20180405-005934.dmp' deleted successfully

=== Log closed.