are we witnessing the downfall of FB ?

BitMaster

I always hated FB and I cannot deny I would like to see that happen. Regardless of that personal relationship, what do you think ?

More and more big companies ( paying customers too I highly assume ) are officially stating their withdrawal from Facebook.

It seems the new paradigm is "You just cannot afford to be associated with FB anymore"

What will happen to Oculus when MZ is broke ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

All speculative maneuvers created by the same parasites that created the stock market.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

AKA social media, I hope so.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I used and still do use FB to be more connected to the news of any kinds. I never liked selfies and life drama conversations over facebook, hence I cannot deny its newsflash information which are presented a lot better than in email spams.

Social media is the most powerfull weapon these days and this is a fact. It is only about us to correctly understand this.

These problems stands equally with google, Microsoft and all others... these tools would not exists without the highest level approvals :D

@Bitmaster: what is MZ ?

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Let's see what happens. FB has only lost 15% of it's value and has so many clients that what you have seen running away is only a drop in the bucket. I am still holding about $25k in FB stock and won't be selling it at the moment.

All speculative maneuvers created by the same parasites that created the stock market.

Spoken like someone who has no clue.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I used and still do use FB to be more connected to the news of any kinds. I never liked selfies and life drama conversations over facebook, hence I cannot deny its newsflash information which are presented a lot better than in email spams.

Social media is the most powerfull weapon these days and this is a fact. It is only about us to correctly understand this.

These problems stands equally with google, Microsoft and all others... these tools would not exists without the highest level approvals :D

@Bitmaster: what is MZ ?

Mark Zuckerberg

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Do you have any idea what his net worth is? If he lost 99% of his money he would still be a multimillionaire.

EDIT: The worry about Oculus is also silly. That is like having your house hit by a meteor and worrying about how that will affect the resale value of your car.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Do you have any idea what his net worth is? If he lost 99% of his money he would still be a multimillionaire.

EDIT: The worry about Oculus is also silly. That is like having your house hit by a meteor and worrying about how that will affect the resale value of your car.

Well, if the impact punches a hole through the hood and engine block with what was plumbing, it might be worth worrying about.

Or, at the very least watching, because that sound awesome.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Everyone with a vested interest in drag-netting your data is trying to scapegoat Facebook in the hope of making them a sacrificial lamb. Offer them up, and hope everyone thinks the problem is fixed.

But every free app you have on your phone, and every free program you have on your pc, is doing the same thing - harvesting your data to onsell.

Just the other day, Win10 installed and offered as a “you may find this useful” a drawing program that when I read the EULA, said that by using the program, I gave them permission to access and collect my data ‘without reservation’.

If it’s free, we’re not just offering ourselves as the product, we’re actively enabling our own social manipulation.

Facebook are not the actual problem, only the most visible symptom of corporates having turned the internet from a ‘democratic’ means of communication into yet another mode of corporate exploitation...

(Have you noticed the decline of ‘bloggers’ and the rise of corporate entertainment delivery systems like bored panda ? We move from active producers of content to passive consumers)

Cheers.

Funny thing with all of this is people deleting their FB, and saying they are going to Instagram... yet I guess they dont know who owns Instagram :)

It's all silliness...

yes, dear god please :helpsmilie:

are we Witnessing the Re-birth of MySpace...:megalol:

its really sad when its big $$$ for one business to sell your data to others and turns advertising into a sort of subliminal messaging and we thought the US's NSA and various other Govt's intel communities did shady sh!t..:doh: back in the good old days.

wheres a LAVABIT when you need encrypting :book: "personal entertainment"

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

I always hated FB and I cannot deny I would like to see that happen. Regardless of that personal relationship, what do you think ?

More and more big companies ( paying customers too I highly assume ) are officially stating their withdrawal from Facebook.

It seems the new paradigm is "You just cannot afford to be associated with FB anymore"

I got rid of FB years ago for mostly the same reasons as now, I think they will get hit pretty hard, they may come back a little if some kind of IBOR is passed, but their reputation has been tainted. Perhaps the storm is upon us...

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

Never used facebook exactly because of this. Back then you were a conspiracy theorist, now people act suprised. :P

Please look at this and try it yourself. If you are using or have used Facebook in the past, and feel this should not be a problem, please really look at that data.

It's not only what data is collected about YOU but from other people, that you are interacting with aswell, that don't even use facebook. I have a friend looking through her folder right now, and she is quite shocked.

People really should start thinking about how they use social media, what ethics they expect, hell even how you go about gathering information on the internet. We have a really tech savy community here, young people growing up have a completely different relation with personal data & the internet than us.

Pretty sure most of the worlds school systems are failing very bad at this aswell, Germany's most certainly is. I find it very important that people know how these 'free' services operate, what this means not only for free speech but to forming your opinions (filter bubble).

Luckily, using FB and buying their stock are not the same thing. :)

EDIT: It is also worth noting that this is not a hidden thing. You can see what is collected by looking into your settings information.

Edited by cichlidfan

This is just bandwagoneering. Facebook has become a target of opportunity. I've never seen the allure, personally, and never had a FB account, and the truth is only 1 in 7 people in the world do but, nevertheless, its importance probably can't be understated as a means of shaping culture.

But as to whether or not this spells the end of FB, I highly doubt it. Most people don't give a shit about their privacy. They don't value it, and the notion that a small handful of people are manipulating larger numbers of people than ever before in human history, possibly more effectively, doesn't register either. So the only question is how loudly this gets drummed up, and if it results in a critical mass that causes a sufficient exodus that the herd mentality kicks in. Most people won't leave FB because of its sins, but most would leave if it became apparent that "everyone" was going somewhere else.

But whether or not FB goes down, something similiar will be there, because most people just don't care and will gladly offer themselves up.

But every free app you have on your phone, and every free program you have on your pc, is doing the same thing - harvesting your data to onsell.

Just the other day, Win10 installed and offered as a “you may find this useful” a drawing program that when I read the EULA, said that by using the program, I gave them permission to access and collect my data ‘without reservation’.

If it’s free, we’re not just offering ourselves as the product, we’re actively enabling our own social manipulation.

Are you saying DCS is manipulating me? It's free! They could be! I keep buying all the modules for some reason.:D

Facebook wont go... Where will everyone post the pic's where they were 5 minutes ago or the diner they had at X restaurant, look at this food.......:huh:

Facebook drives me nuts with all the to the minute self journals, are these people compelled to let everyone know how great there life is or something? Don't get it.... FOMO syndrome? Maybe....

Many are really addicted, I know a few that are glue to FB on their smart phones.

I do use it, some of my family is interstate, so it has it's uses to stay in touch, I keep it to a bare minimum. I have also setup advertising for some small businesses on FB, the targeting data access you drill through on people is cRazy targeted.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Are you saying DCS is manipulating me? It's free! They could be! I keep buying all the modules for some reason
:)

Are E.D. harvesting our data ?

I doubt it*, but at some level it does prove my point**.

DCS is free, but it's a loss leader - they give you the base in the hope and expectation that you will then spend money on modules, not because they really want to give a free simulator that you never move beyond...

*I haven't even seen that one put up on the DCS hate board at that other site... (mind you, I did a spread-sheet one boring afternoon on posts at that place, and in the week before I looked 50% of the posts are by the same 6 people, so it's not a big pool of creativity to generate conspiracy theories)

**Unless it has a GNU General Public License, in which case it's free out of love :-)

Cheers.

When Nestle and Heinz, BMW and Daimler Benz leave the show, it's time to wake up

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

When Nestle and Heinz, BMW and Daimler Benz leave the show, it's time to wake up

You would think people would?

Most possibly don't care? Look at Volkswagen, look at all the things they have done. A German company also accused of gassing people in tests.:cry:

Will they go broke? Will people stop buying from this fraudulent ironic company?

Quote....

"Although the emissions test-cheating scandal of September 2015 has cost the German group billions of euros in fines and penalties, it does not seem to have caused major damage to the carmaker’s popularity with consumers."

Deliveries rose 4.2 percent in 2017 to 6.23 million Volkswagen (VW) brand cars

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I deleted my facebook account months ago. Should have done it earlier. I don't tweet, or instawhatever, or partake in any other kinds of social media with the exception of this and a couple other forums.

I personally am not a fan of social media, it has shown its ugly head and pushed in the unintelligent into power. The sooner its gone the sooner mankind can move forward.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet