Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

Will BS bring improvement to the network code?

ie. will it run even smoother in multiplayer environments over the internet?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well....in terms of any immersion additions...all I can ask is that ED should play IL2 FB. Just check it out. I understand LOMAC is far more complicated. But, Il2 has got it right in the feel of a nice battlefield and world. The AI for ground vehicles. Optimal graphic level (I actually think the trees in IL2 look really good). The explosions and the dust effects. All aircrafts have the nice feel to them....(at landing especially). When you blow up stuff...you get the satisfaction. Even though its just some sprites of dust flying and so on...its perfect. Its definately better than the current LOMAC sterile explosions. The little tiny ppl running away when a bombing run is taking place. Its just perfect and immersive. Even, the frame rates never suffer inspite of hectic battles. All I am suggesting is that : Ed need to balance it out. Instead of spending soo much polys on singular models, why not add some neat touches like the Il2 style cartoon explosions and fire, that kind of smoke and so on.

yeah...the main reason I lost interest in LOMAC I guess was the lack of immersion. Second, the very unappealing, unfriendly mission editor. I am happy that this is being worked on. Hopefully, they can get real-time overhead view over the map as in flanker 2 and add a lot more functionality. Give the AI a nice personality. Make tanks throw out smoke grenades to hide themself when being ambushed. Have a retreat logic if the side realises its loosing. meh...well...I guess this is all just dreaming for the perfect ED sim. ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

*sniff* *sniff* I can't smell anything :huh:

Just Bring it on!... can't wait to get my ass kicked in this chopper... while I cruise around... watching the scenery... counting my last seconds before getting splashed by an unseen AAA unit :D

No longer active in DCS...

well......I guess all I can say is "Lets wait and see" :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I have no plans for Black Shark at this time.

-SK

NNNNNOOOOOOOOO star planning ASAP. You have four minutes.

Lock on MUST have a dynamic campaign engine with multiplayer capability AND toe-brakes on an axis

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

I knew that new (sorry for redundancy :D ) terrain was beind added, not that the entire map was redonne. (you made a woops revelation?), neither the campaign, I though we would get new ones for Ka-50 just like we got new for Su-25T for FC, not that the system itself was going to change. (but I never played the campaigns anyway) ;)

Hang on - his post doesn't say anything about re-doing existing pieces of the map, IMHO. Just that the new parts will be of higher quality. We shouldn't carelessly start any new rumours that will come back to haunt the community when a supposedly announced feature does not materialise after release. Based on past experience, we'd see months and months of mudslinging due to such a misunderstanding.

Or am I missing something? Could you clarify, Wags?

well....in terms of any immersion additions...all I can ask is that ED should play IL2 FB.
I stopped playing IL2/FB because of lack of immersion.

I still really like IL2, but immersion is very much missing.

IL2 has a sterile generic map, cartoonish look and feel, few enemy units (considering the scope of WW2), a very generic "dynamic" campaign engine, etc ...

Falcon 4 had more immersion, because of its dynamic campaign engine which gave the impression that you were in the middle of a big fight where flights were taking off 'round the clock.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Black Shark which will push LO forward in the right direction, although perhaps a bit slower than we would like.

Hang on - his post doesn't say anything about re-doing existing pieces of the map, IMHO. Just that the new parts will be of higher quality. We shouldn't carelessly start any new rumours that will come back to haunt the community when a supposedly announced feature does not materialise after release. Based on past experience, we'd see months and months of mudslinging due to such a misunderstanding.

It's not clear enough. Such reports are fun. At least we have something something to talk about. GA's movie came right in time too. Nevermind. So what's about those maps. Whole terrain will be rebuild or just new one will have more details?

After Glowing Amraamґs fantastic video i have a question for Dev.

The blast effect of rockets like B-8, B-13.

Itґs in your schedule about BS make touches to increase the radious effect of this rockets , specially for soft skinned vehicules, or this could be considered WAFM and need to wait until release of BS?.

The 80 mm rockets are one of the main weapons in the Ka-50 ( in the PDF about combat employment of the Akulas in Chechniya, almost all targets were engaged with rockets, and only three vikhr where fired ) and i find it a little bit underpowered.

Only a direct hit could destroy vehicles, but iґm not very certain if a 80 mm rocket could destroy a M2 Bradley without direct hit but very near impact point IRL.

Without the ability to introduce damage to targets ( only destroyed or not destroyed) increasing blast radious itґs an interesting feature.

Thanks a lot for your work

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Well iґve just read again the Lock On manual, ( rockets section ) and the big difference between them itґs the warhead type.

If increase the blast radious it is not possible, maybe adding different types of warheads could be a valid solution.

S-8, S-13, S-24 etc, could carry shaped charge fragmentation types, Armor piercing and blast fragmentation.

If you choose Armor piercing ones, only direct hit could destroy the target, but if you choose blast fragmentation the blast effect of no direct hit against soft targets could be a very nice feature in the S-8 and S-13( and not only in the biggest ones like S-24 and S-25 ).

Now even in the softest vehicles like trucks a non direct hit of a S-8, ( about 5-10 meters off the target donґt destroy it ), and i find it a little bit underpowered for a blast fragmentation warhead.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks Wags for keeping us inform, much appreciated on the news, like you, we are all anxious to see this project through and get our hands on it.

Merci Beaucoup. :thumbup:

Cheers

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Hang on - his post doesn't say anything about re-doing existing pieces of the map, IMHO

It does say:

Complete modeling of new terrain to include higher resolution elevation matrix and terrain textures—needed for low altitude flight detail

So unless they think we'll only be flying low over the new bits (in a "fast jets you play over there, helicopters - you play over here" sort of way), logically they'd be doing the whole map

Cheers.

4- Completing the new Mission Editor system

5- Completing the GUI for new campaign system

9- Complete modeling of new terrain to include higher resolution elevation matrix and terrain textures—needed for low altitude flight detail.

All my pet rants, worked over in one go. ED must like me. :D (And there's that 'might be done' FC-patch to hope for after BS is finished. Lovely.)

Any ETA on a demo? I'm having... limited success in piloting FSX's helos, and I'd rather not pay all that much for something I won't be able to make somewhat full use of in a credible amount of time...

• ED Team

Much of the current map is being improved and an all new map area is being added.

Now even in the softest vehicles like trucks a non direct hit of a S-8, ( about 5-10 meters off the target donґt destroy it ), and i find it a little bit underpowered for a blast fragmentation warhead.

AFAIK S-8 will cause damage only by direct hit, even to trucks.

picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=1732

• ED Team

What about S-8 with fleschettes?

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

"fleschettes"?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

"fleschettes"?

Yes, "flechettes" ! :) Some kind of nails / little blades spread by the rockets at high velocity (kinetic weapons).

The effect is more or less the same as the one of a giant shotgun :) Used at least since the Vietnam war (Snakes) as anti infantry weapon. :)

Hub out.

-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"fleschettes"?

Nasty Piece of Work.........

Example is BeeHive Ordinance: "The primary beehive round for this purpose was the M546 APERS-T (anti-personnel tracer) round which fires 8000 flechettes from a horizontally levelled barrel of a 105mm howitzer"

Link

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'