Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about the rudder rocker switch? on the Saitek as opposed to actual pedals...does it really make that much of a difference in the feel or control?

since Aeroscout was on the subject anyway

The rockers switch was very very inprecise. If you try to find a cheap way out you wil be very sorry and waste your money and time.

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A year ago I found the Thrustmaster Elite rudder pedals on Ebay. Took a chance, got the winning bid, and wound up with a very fine set of pedals to add to my Cougar hotas. To me it made flying IL2 a bit more immersive, so I guess I recommend rudder pedals if only to get your head more into the game. Most guys who use them will tell you itr makes you a better flier too. I'm not a good virtual pilot by any means, pedals help me be better than I was. I think having them will help me be one with the Black Shark. But don't quote me on that! ;)

Flyby out

PS yes, I'm used to changing out pots, and replacing switches. wish I could afford to mod my HOTAS. But I'm a Cougar fan all the way.

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

pedals

hi guys..

im a commercial low hour heli pilot up here in canada, and for flight sim, pedals ramp up the realism big time. i have ch pedals and they are great. and while you are waiting for BS, theres the DODOSIM add on for flight sim 9 and 10, which again brings up the realism big time

Some of the videos for Black Shark are strictly in-game and do not feature any added effects. From the videos available on the downloads section, these would include the "New Video by GLOWING AMRAAM" and the three short technology demos (rotor physics, gun ballistics and ricochet effects). Additionally, the Ka-50 videos available on the TBS website are also in-game.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I would like to know if any updates for A2A missiles are included in the BS update, I'm not really a fan of heli sims and I'm trying to justify the purchase of BS. If there are no updates for any A2A missiles does anyone know if 1.12A will be compatible to play online with BS?.

Some of the videos for Black Shark are strictly in-game and do not feature any added effects. From the videos available on the downloads section, these would include the "New Video by GLOWING AMRAAM" and the three short technology demos (rotor physics, gun ballistics and ricochet effects). Additionally, the Ka-50 videos available on the TBS website are also in-game.

Now I would definately buy a flyable Harrier sim!

I would like to know if any updates for A2A missiles are included in the BS update, I'm not really a fan of heli sims and I'm trying to justify the purchase of BS. If there are no updates for any A2A missiles does anyone know if 1.12A will be compatible to play online with BS?.

An official word about this point would be welcome for me too. Beside that i will get BS anyway, the care for the detail of the helo is really interesting, and seems also to be a nice platform for multiplayer. :)

I wasn't a fan of chopper sims until they gave me BS. It's an extremely challenging experience, and really good fun ;)

Given some of the changes that have been announced in Black Shark (for example, SFM for all AI aircraft), I think it's safe to assume that Black Shark won't be compatible with 1.12a in multiplayer.

I'm not sure where this was even hinted? Why would an add on be compatible with the previous version? Even much smaller patches are not backward compatible.

BTW, i was referring to the missiles fixes et similia, not to compatibility between FC and BS. AFAIK the compatibility between the two version was never took in consideration.

It was! By mac343! :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I agree 200% as lot and lot of people i know

Greetings

I agree 200% as lot and lot of people i know

Greetings

I too would like to hear the outcome of this. If there is any improvment to the network code and/or jets in either Lockon with BS add-on ( if it is an add-on) or as a stand-alone. I personally have had no spark of interest whatsoever in flying the KA-50 helicopter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Microsoft Windows Vista x64 bit

Overclocked Intel Core2Duo @ 3.30GHz

6GB DDR Ram

Nvidia GTX280 1GB

DCS Blackshark Russian DVD Box and English Download

1920x1080 res. @ 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 1080P

Background image by Shrubbo.

As has been stated before, ED is currently focused on modeling the Ka-50 and everything associated with it to the highest possible standards. Time permitting, they hope to do another patch for FC, with attention to the issues raised by the community.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I'll certainly buy BS once it becomes available, I'll try flying the helo although I'm more interested in jets but flying NOE in a helo might be a new experience.

I hope that AI helo units will behave much better than they do in LOFC, placing hovering waypoints is something we can't have ATM but I hope it becomes possible with BS.

Any news on MiG-29 and Su-27 3D models announced by ED a year ago?! Is that project dead or is it included with BS?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I too hope the AI Black Shark helos show a bit of improvement, if only to get away from that follow-the-leader-to-perfection FM that really detracts from the game, imho. It's not a big issue for me. It just looks a bit odd. I won't condemn BS if that little bit isn't corrected. I'm still anxious to get my little grubbies on it. ;)

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

man! I'd be happy if they also add good AI to ground vehicles. I was playing IL2: PF last time. I was doing a ground run and I swear...the vehicles were swerving IN PANIC. It would be nice if they see a attacking plane in their LOS and then DISPERSE to cover rather than stay there still in a freaking line like idiots. :p

But, ED seems to know what they are doing....so we'll leave it to them. ;)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|