Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

Not a "new GUI for campaign", but rather "completing the GUI for new campaign system". Meaning BS will have a whole new campaign system. But I guess this was already mentioned along with the improved terrain according to one of our posters...

I've been following dynamic campaign developement efforts very, very closely and when SwingKid started radio silence I kind of guessed what was going on. Any details on the actual campaign system and integration level would be welcome, since it's by far the most important feature on the list as far as I'm concerned.

Lock on MUST have a dynamic campaign system with multiplayer support AND toe-brakes on an axis.

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good thing the manual is almost finished, hopefully a printed version will be available at the time BS is released. In fact it might not be such a bad idea to release the manual a bit early so that people have some idea of what they're getting into when they finally start the chopper.

Lock on MUST have a dynamic campaign system with multiplayer support AND toe-brakes on an axis.

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

Well Online should be improved for GAsh sake...

Dude, I think we all now know that you think there should be turbulence online as well as off - the message has got through now ;)

Now please stop reminding us!

I'm sure the devs will look at it if it's possible . . . I seem to recall a perfectly valid reason for leaving it out last time around.

And let's be honest . . . while it'd be nice, it's not the MOST important feature in the world.

• Like 1

Btw in the other note can you show me if it's possible a jet flight with No some kind of turbulences. ?

Its for the newbies here that didn't know:

Don't want more turbulences but just for them to be designed into Online that all.

I think I'm just killing time waiting for BS to be released. Updates are fine, and are appreciated, but I really just want to get my hands on BS. Here's good fortune for ya: I'm fliping channels on cable, and come to the last five minutes of a program on Russian military helos. What do I see? The Ka50 Black Shark. Nice! :D

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

.. just need some turbulences ONLINE and new clouds and we are done ;)

Not quiet. I want to have solar eclipse modelled online so I could start praying to all Gods with my fellas. Also I want to have modelled active volcanos online and use them to attract those pesky heaters. And last but not least- what LO desperately needs to have modelled for multiplayer is earthquake- thus the ground forces and airbases of the bad guys could be devastated without shooting a single bullet or perhaps it's the only way to really shake some people and finally make them categorize their priorities.

• Like 3

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Airtito

Some time ago peoples like you were completely satisfied with their keyboard flying around.. Are you ?

:D

:) LOL..

Very funny the way the Beta guys are answering messages IMO we are not ready to get some goodies with that mentality a shame.. LOL... wait ... do you have some smelly thing on your nose ?

My post has nothing to do with my tester status. I've already told you the same thing months ago when I was not in the beta team yet. It's even funnier and actualy silly that you keep on whining about one and the same thing that 99.9% of LO users consider as negligible. I suggest you when you're doing a mentality evaluation firts of all start by you because you're the author of some of the most rediculous posts I've read for more than 4 years here.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I'm not gonna waste my time with you anymore. Have a nice day.

=RvE=

LOL btw i've you see many peoples online for Lockon ?

Maybe there is a reason for it..

Lockon is Good there is no doubt but it's so close to be "real good" and it would attracked so much more peoples if some little things could be done and see the community grow a lot online..

And yes Good night

• Like 1

It's that fact that has pushed us revisit the mission editor and campaign systems to improve game play.

Well, I should probably shut up now before being of accused of hyping the product ;)

Makes me wonder if the mission layout is still player/client or if it's changed so that

open slots in online flights will be filled with AI pilots?

Hi Gozr,

I'm sorry but I disagree with your view that these improvements, little or big, would dramatically increase the client base of LockOn, online or offline...or combat flight simulation games in general (without restarting the debate of sim vs game).

Although we see a constant drip-feed of people new to lockon, which I think is excellent, this isn't down to feature creep necessarily, but the fact that people tried LO when it first came out, had a rig that caved under the CPU load, and only recently decided to re-try it with a newer rig. My point being...these aren't people new to the genre, they are people who are giving it a second go...and not directly as a result of features (bug fixes may be but...).

Am I looking forward to BS? Yes, I am keen to fly it.

Am I disappointed it won't add anything to the Su-25/T (which I fly exclusively at the moment)? No, not really. BS is about BS, not the other stuff.

Am I thrilled to hear about other developments like the mission editor? Hell yes, cos LO:FC editor is frustratingly tedious for designing server/online missions (arrrrgggh the repitition of adding fecking client planes and waypoints).

Your biggest request seems to be turbulence/weather/environmental dynamics and immersion. We already have a degree of wind behaviour in LO, albeit not sophisticated, but...is it really more important than:

• the AI ground vehicles behaving like retards
  • mission editor requiring 1000 clicks to put 12 player a/c in an online mission
  • new terrain mesh and textures for a more realistic low-level experience
  • many other things we can all think of.

I appreciate this issue is important to you, and everyone's issue is important to them, but...can you please let it go? Its pretty clear from previous posts in this thread that it isn't other peoples priority either, nor will in radically increase sales/revenue for ED, else they would be doing it so please....let it go.

Brewber out.

EDIT: Wags, thanks for info, I'm sure we're all disappointed that it all takes time but...I am equally sure we will all appreciate the product when it arrives. I am thrilled to bits to hear the ME is getting revamped/redesigned, cos the current FC one removes my will to live if I am having to create a 12 a/c strike mission for my bomber wing, and terrain etc is getting improved. I sincerely hope that hitting things like trees and powerlines will damage the BS and that we can't fly through stuff like that...and that the AI can't see us through the terrain etc...but I am sure the team has considered these things already :)

Keep up the hard work, but please don't make BS the next "Duke Nukem Forever" ;)

LOL btw i've you see many peoples online for Lockon ?

Maybe there is a reason for it..

Lockon is Good there is no doubt but it's so close to be "real good" and it would attracked so much more peoples if some little things could be done and see the community grow a lot online..

And yes Good night

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

I'ma keep out of discussion and just want to add to ED... thnks for the update. I believe when you say it will be well worth the wait... in fact I am scared it will be so complex that people will find it much harder to fly because of all all highly detailed FM, systems etc :D

I love the part with news on new more detailed terrain mesh... I just wonder how much more detailed? :huh:

No longer active in DCS...

The best improve for me is to play 10 persons online with no problems. Iґm happy with a few.

If upgrade to level as IL2 or Falcon O_o but 10 persons for me itґs good.

Thanks for info Matt, and take all time you need to finishe this sim, itґs better later and good that early and bad.

Byeee

I'ma keep out of discussion and just want to add to ED... thnks for the update. I believe when you say it will be well worth the wait... in fact I am scared it will be so complex that people will find it much harder to fly because of all all highly detailed FM, systems etc :D

Like any other ED product BS is intended for wide scope of users. For hardcore simmers there's physical model unseen so far with all the things I can think of modeled to the deepest level. Along with that BS will provide simplified FM and easy systems operation for anyone that doesn't want to go that deep. So there's nothing to be scared of :) Also, it will come with a huge manual that will be very helpful for the crowd that have no clue about coaxial helicopters (and not only them) to understand how it works.

=RvE=

Yupp, Thanks for the update Wags, ED Team. Hope that things going better than worse. Is there a pre-order in plans? This can solve every budget problems if it slow down a progress (probably not because of military orders).

I asked about pre-orders a long while back... not a word... Some other companies setup pre-orders up to a year in advance... must be some reason why they won't with BS. But, I am no mind reader...

OH well...

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR