Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

Damn nice to hear about the work in progress. The complexity of BS is beyond me and we'll never learn about your difficult workdays - and if I know developers right - nights too.

I hang in there and wait. I'm very good at that :)

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the July 24th announcment, and i know that this is most likely not possible, but since it seems like on these forums we have covered many of the other topics, if now or in the future it would be cool to see some pics and functionality of the new mission editor. I think that this will be the biggest help factor from my point of view in Black Shark.

Keep pluggin away ED and partners,

Warthogmadman987

24 July 2007

While we still wish to do a final FC patch that will focus on air-to-air systems, we can only do so when the internal resources are freed up to do so.

I wish your wish come true ;)

thanks for the information:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

летаю на заказ, дорого...

"The FlankerForce"© -=приостановлено=-

Лучшее средство завоевания господства в воздухе - танк посередине ВПП © не установлено

АХТУНГ! эксперды атакуют!

Только отсутствие разведанных запасов нефти в Антарктиде, удерживает пингвинов от демократии.

Hey everybody!! OMGz0r!! Someone from ED has spoken to us! We must be very special and extremely important for them to acknowledge our presence!!

Sorry to be an ass, but this latest post says absolutely NOTHING that we haven't already heard--it's just a consolidated list of what we DO know . . .

How about some clarification on this new ME and GUI? We've all HEARD they are going to be in BS, but what are we to expect? Some screens of the editor in action or maybe a short list of some new capabilities or something would be appreciated.

It's sad when we all get excited over 3 paragraphs from a rep and 8 new screens every month (of stuff done by 3rd parties, no less) . . .

Thanks going to Glowing Amraam as well...just noticed the 80% on the new movie :D Thinking about making that go for your subsequent releases? If so, I like the idea of a running progress report:D

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey everybody!! OMGz0r!! Someone from ED has spoken to us! We must be very special and extremely important for them to acknowledge our presence!!

Sorry to be an ass, but this latest post says absolutely NOTHING that we haven't already heard--it's just a consolidated list of what we DO know . . .

How about some clarification on this new ME and GUI? We've all HEARD they are going to be in BS, but what are we to expect? Some screens of the editor in action or maybe a short list of some new capabilities or something would be appreciated.

It's sad when we all get excited over 3 paragraphs from a rep and 8 new screens every month (of stuff done by 3rd parties, no less) . . .

At least we've got it better than the poor schlubs at fighter ops...they pay money to get less than that from a company that hasn't ever released ANYTHING!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At least we've got it better than the poor schlubs at fighter ops...they pay money to get less than that from a company that hasn't ever released ANYTHING!

LOL true!! And to think I was one of the early ones who paid . . . didn't resubscribe once my year was up though, just not enough there to justify a cost . . .

Great news there

Complete modeling of new terrain to include higher resolution elevation matrix and terrain textures—needed for low altitude flight detail.

Well that is the greatest new til now .. just need some turbulences ONLINE and new clouds and we are done ;)

Am I understanding this correctly, there is to be zero change to missile stats/behavior/planes?

Tbh rather disappointing, but not completely unexpected =/

In that case the only reason I will be buying Black Shark is so that I still can fly planes in the main HL servers.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Excuse me? Are you a member?

never mind, not going there, but that kind of statement is stupid.

Looks like people are reading only half the message ... Wags mentioned hope for an eventual FC patch.

Exactly, hope for a patch later on. Means afaik that it wont come with BS

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

I kind of guessed one of the new features. AI improvements will be really important and an improved terrain mesh was a really nice surprise. I hope what SwingKid has been cooking will turn out to be as entertaining as Ross's Storm.

Lock on MUST have a dynamic campaign system with multiplayer capability AND toe-brakes on an axis.

Hey, that update didn't have anything on toe-brakes, NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My blog full of incoherent ramblings on random subjects: https://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/

What ? Tharos could imagine now with some turbulences Online, better terrain and better Clouds ?

Humm..What am i going to complain about then..? But this would be so much better a top sim . :)

Ho yes a no Gui server files for the servers/HOST machines and load lost of goodies and attrack a huge amount of peoples that were afraid to install lockon etc....

Thanks Wags.

I appreciated this info a lot..

Take your time ED, BS worth the wait.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks wags. Only one thing disappoints me ... : no mention of "Re-worked explosion and damage modelling." :( But still though...the new ME, new GUI for campaign sounds promising. :) Not to mention the new terrain detail. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

• ED Team

Not a "new GUI for campaign", but rather "completing the GUI for new campaign system". Meaning BS will have a whole new campaign system. But I guess this was already mentioned along with the improved terrain according to one of our posters...

Not a "new GUI for campaign", but rather "completing the GUI for new campaign system". Meaning BS will have a whole new campaign system. But I guess this was already mentioned along with the improved terrain according to one of our posters...

I knew that new (sorry for redundancy :D ) terrain was beind added, not that the entire map was redonne. (you made a woops revelation?), neither the campaign, I though we would get new ones for Ka-50 just like we got new for Su-25T for FC, not that the system itself was going to change. (but I never played the campaigns anyway) ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• ED Team

"(but I never played the campaigns anyway)"

Indeed, and you are not the only one. It's that fact that has pushed us revisit the mission editor and campaign systems to improve game play.

Well, I should probably shut up now before being of accused of hyping the product ;)