Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

Do you have a picture of them Mugatu? I'll let'em know, I've never seen'em myself though :)

uksub ... they said they'll release info this month ... so you could wait until the end of the month, maybe? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont think that there will be EVER a piloted AH64 because it is a two seater!:smilewink: so say bye bye to that thought.....

We will just have to wait and be patient. Better waiting and having a GOOD game than just release it with all kinda bugs in it!:thumbup:

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Well i dont think that there will be EVER a piloted AH64 because it is a two seater!:smilewink: so say bye bye to that thought.....

Then you should let ED do the thinking ... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
glowing amraan;

are your movies realistic reditions of gameplay? what else would be the point? cause if they arent, we can just go watch black shark footage on youtube can we not?

Depends on what type of movie i am making.

My next movie wont quite showcase real-world tactics, in-game sounds or normal graphics.

Basically, when you watch my movie, you are watching how Black Shark plays and acts, but what you hear and some of the stuff that you see will be stuff that are edited in, for movie impact (like darker colors, replaced sky with a real sky, heat-shimmer, etc...)

• ED Team

24 July 2007

Due to some events outside our control, I’ll not be able to relay some important news about Black Shark this month. I sincerely hope we can do this soon. However, I know that many of you are eager to hear some news regarding the state of Black Shark, so I’ll try to do so in this post.

At this time, the beta team is busy testing the 6 DOF cockpit, avionics, flight dynamics, damage model, AI, weapon systems and terrain. Additionally, much of the manual has been written and is in edit now (the bane of my existence the last few weeks). Items currently being working on by Eagle include:

1- Finishing on the Ka-50’s INS and INS alignment system

2- Finishing the caution detection and alert system of the Ka-50

3- Debugging some of the Shkval functions

4- Completing the new Mission Editor system

5- Completing the GUI for new campaign system

6- Tuning AI aircraft flight dynamics

7- Tuning AI aircraft and ground vehicle AI

8- Need to complete several new AI vehicles like the UH-60 and Mi-17

9- Complete modeling of new terrain to include higher resolution elevation matrix and terrain textures—needed for low altitude flight detail.

10- Adjusting network play to work with new Mission Editor functionality

Once the mission editor and campaign system have been integrated and finalized, there will be the large task of creating and debugging all the missions and campaigns.

As to when the above will be completed, integrated together, fully debugged and available for purchase… it is still impossible to attach an exact date. However, rest assured that the team wants to complete the project even more than any of you. However, we don’t want to rush it out the door in an incomplete state just to have it available sooner rather than later.

Regarding the release of all the new Black Shark ground vehicle and helicopter screen shots, most of these vehicles are being done by contracted 3rd party. As such, they have virtually no impact on other product features.

Release details will be provided later, but we have every intention to release the product both on-line and through retail (boxed) versions. The method of copy protection has not been determined and is something we are still investigating.

The Black Shark project is solely focused on the Ka-50; as such, it will have no impact on the Lock On and FC flyable aircraft. While we still wish to do a final FC patch that will focus on air-to-air systems, we can only do so when the internal resources are freed up to do so. I’m afraid that I just cannot give you an estimate as to when or if this will happen – too many other things influence this.

All in all, Black Shark is marching ahead and I believe it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks for the update. Any information is appreciated, and I'm sure everything is being done to assure quality and release. Thanks again for taking time out to let us know how things are progressing.

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the update,

Higher level of detail on the terrain! Wow! Judging by the screenshots and how FC looks currently this will seem like a new sim.

Sounds like the bigger announcement is the misson editor and if your "targets" are smarter.

Saved the money now paitiently waiting....:thumbup:

Nothing to do with PR ... just circumstances. Obviously it's one of those 'you'll understand it when you see it' situations :)

Any information is always appreciated, but why announce a big announcement and then not announce it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe because people wail cry, moan, and abuse just to get any scrap of information they can?

And you really are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't, it seems.

So what if it takes a couple weeks extra?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]