Black Shark Update, 16 September 2007

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue about sells, the only thing I've ever sold was a half of a box chewing gums to the other kids in the neighbourhood when I was 11:D

I'm a big fan of Kamov helicopters (working on them for living) and I went nuts when I first saw the announcement of the BS project on the FC site. I couldn't imagine better base for a helicopter simulator. But that's just me, I can't take off my Kamov-glasses and this is a comment of a highly addicted man:)

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Hi there.

I think Gunship! have this feature of dual crew in MP missions.

Has anyone tried that?

It must be a real challenge... But i think if the crew have distinct roles. Pilot to fly, gunner to gun there is not a big problem in that.

Just a question in BS is there some VoIP feature? Is one of the things that i miss in FC not being able to talk with another pilots (just those how have TS2). That would be great with some effects on the voice to simulate the radio effects (like interference).

Best regards.

Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

thanks man

Well I'm not so familiar with the hardware stuff but I can tell you that BS and FC are not very different in terms of performance, for the moment. So if your PC handles normaly FC you should be OK with BS. It won't be some monster that will eat up yor system so don't worry. But it is never surplus to upgrade your system. Just for reference- my specs are AMD 3500+, 1GB RAM, 7800GT video and I run FC at 1280x1024, scenes, mirrors and water at medium, terr.preload 50km, everything else to max and I have 25 FPS in average, sometimes more(at medium and high altitude 40-50 and more), only ocasionaly less(15-20 over cities). Turning off the mirrors and the heat blur adds 5 to 10 FPS in average.

As you can see my system is not that good but I have acceptable performance in BS at the same settings like FC.

About the two-seaters- I guess it's dificult not only for the gunships but for the fast movers as well, otherwise why we haven't seen it so far implemented (except for the LAN test mode that was in 1.02). Again, this is away of my area of knowledge, but I can only suppose how complex is to write such software.

Airtito thanks for the reply. It's much appreciated.

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

It's a surprise - you have to wait & see.

Maybe E.D.'s playing father Christmas. If you're good & patient, you'll get more than if you play up & complain.

Or maybe it's like actual Xmas - where what you get relies less on the behaviour of the recipient & more on the spare resources of the giver, but either way it's all mana from heaven & most people come away happy, with some disapointments & a few happy surprises.

Then people start breaking things & the crying begins.

Cheers.

It's a surprise - you have to wait & see.

Maybe E.D.'s playing father Christmas. If you're good & patient, you'll get more than if you play up & complain.

Or maybe it's like actual Xmas - where what you get relies less on the behaviour of the recipient & more on the spare resources of the giver, but either way it's all mana from heaven & most people come away happy, with some disapointments & a few happy surprises.

Then people start breaking things & the crying begins.

I grew up poor and never got anything I wanted for xmas, so this doesn't do much for me.. it didn't matter if I was good or bad, nothing would have never been delivered... 'Santa=Satan' by Dana Carvey (SNL)

But, I take this as a hint, that we have to wait until Dcember 31st, 2007 for Black Shark?

:doh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

But, I take this as a hint, that we have to wait until Dcember 31st, 2007 for Black Shark?

Errm... Not that long, Christmass is a week earlier :D

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

For many Christmas will be in 2008 ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I get 2 xmas presents, for me, from me >> to me..

BOB:SOW (Oleg's BOB (already paid for and pre-ordered)) and Black Shark for LockOn FC (no one has let us pre-order this).

Only 6 months and 4 weeks from now...

:doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Is this relase date true?

http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_product_details&pid=1526

SimWare Price :To be announced Availability 15-Nov-2007 b_add_to_cart.gif Publisher Eagle DynamicsShipping CodeA

:joystick:

BTW, I know that's over there, in the UK, but those shipping codes and costs are outrageous and BS! Anyone who pays that are insane and that company is a rip-off!

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Now the thread will explode, and its burning hulk will come crashing down, like in EECH2, oh I mean EECH1+texture pack.

EECH2 is a pile of poop.... :mad: thing won't even start on my computer, after 500 tries, I got it to start 4 times. But we won't get into that here... :joystick:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
05 March 2007

Probably sometime in late June / early July, we'll be making some pretty big announcements with lots of new information. Until then, please sit tight and enjoy the quiet of the next month. It's going to get very load come July.

Its late June fellas and very near early July, is this still the plan? I promise I wont complain if you release the information early.

I can wait. My system ain't going anywhere. When the info comes, it'll be here. I hope it comes today! :) just kidding! Come on July!!!!!!

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I can wait. My system ain't going anywhere. When the info comes, it'll be here. I hope it comes today! :) just kidding! Come on July!!!!!!

Flyby out

July 31 ? :P 20XX

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI