LHA Amphibious Assault Package

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested and the spawn is working good again, no under carriage damage, so looks good.

BUT.

When any LHA mod is inside tech folder the original Tarawa spawn is broken, because the Harrier spawns way to high over the deck and when falling down the under carriage is damaged. So the stock Tarawa is useless.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Great...

Esac Pilots have a choice now. I use the LHA mod for real pilots and the Tarawa for AI...try that let me know buddy!

***Update****

The Mod is partially fixed...The Real pilots can now land and takeoff after the last update but the AI are still not taking off. I'm not sure who was responsible for fixing the mod...ED or RAZBAM but thank you. If we can only get the AI to takeoff then this mod will be fully working again...

Edited by uscstaylor

The AI problem is something this mod is not guilty. It was present before.

So good news fellas !!!

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Yes that's really great news! I'm looking forward to the day that we can fully have this and our game as a fully functional game. I look forward to the future of DCS as we all do. Baby steps are better then no steps at all.

Salute!

• 3 weeks later...

HI!

i want to make an amphibious assault mission with AAV7 and LCAC .

AAV7 speed in water is limited at 6 knots no matter my speed settings in ME . OK i suppose it's normal . For LCAC same , they go to 6 knots too ... (If the LCAC takes the properties of AVV7 is also normal.)

First question; it's the same for you? ( I may be badly installed the mod)

Second question :I would like to increase the speed of LCAC to 30 knots. I tried to edit the file Lua (LCAC Land) but without results...

someone would have an idea?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as I could understand, the LCAC is considered as an amphibious vehicle (and it is) but subjected to same limitations as the AAV7 and the BTR80, max speed on water 6 knots. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no clue where and how to modify it

As far as I could understand, the LCAC is considered as an amphibious vehicle (and it is) but subjected to same limitations as the AAV7 and the BTR80, max speed on water 6 knots. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no clue where and how to modify it

HI!

i want to make an amphibious assault mission with AAV7 and LCAC .

AAV7 speed in water is limited at 6 knots no matter my speed settings in ME . OK i suppose it's normal . For LCAC same , they go to 6 knots too ... (If the LCAC takes the properties of AVV7 is also normal.)

First question; it's the same for you? ( I may be badly installed the mod)

Second question :I would like to increase the speed of LCAC to 30 knots. I tried to edit the file Lua (LCAC Land) but without results...

someone would have an idea?

Hi Guys, I covered this question in a previous post which I have linked below:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3455300&postcount=91

The faster speed is achievable only using combined arms when driving the LCAC or at least it did the last time I tested it. Hope this helps...Cheers:thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Possible bug after the last update: the ship is not leaving a trail into the water and I also have blocky and flickering wake around the ship, near the waterline. Moreover, having the mod active causes aircraft not to spawn correctly on the RAZBAM Tarawa (Harrier spawns with no gear extended and floating in mid air over the deck)

Edited by Gerbilskij
Typo

Nothing we can do until ED figures out all the bugs and fixes for the game. It was working perfectly when 2.5 rolled out then after ED started making tons of updates things went quirky..We'll have to wait and see..

Update

I just checked my install with the latest patch and I'm still fine.....Just AI are still not taking off. You may have something installed incorrectly.

Heres a Screenshot

001-2018-jul-5-002.jpg

001-2018-jul-5-003.jpg

001-2018-jul-5-004.jpg

001-2018-jul-5-005.jpg

Edited by uscstaylor

With the latest update I have noticed that AI do takeoff from the LHA's in a vertical takeoff but you must make their load out weight acceptable for them to takeoff still. ED is getting closer to fixing the AI issues...At least they can take off now.....

001-2018-jul-7-003.jpg001-2018-jul-7-005.jpg

I would certainly do that if all I wanted was to see AI launch from the ship. Loading them up light enough to get off the deck kind of removes them from actually contributing to the mission. It's going to have to be an air start for now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Could you add TACAN to your ships?

EDIT: Also: the ramp start position is too close to the island for the Huey on Essex. The Osprey model on Essex is also missing textures - have you considered making a clear deck version, now that we can populate decks however we want in the editor?

Edited by m4ti140