reinstalling without downloading

Hi

Is there any way to reinstall dcs 2.5 without having to download everything again.

The reason I ask is I had to reinstall windows recently and still have dcs on my second drive but have lost all the start menu shortcuts and other things.

I have ran the repair tool using CMD and dcs is working but repair doesn't reinstall the shortcuts.

I don't want to have to re-download 60 gig of data every time I need to reinstall because it takes hours. I have tried installing over the top of the already installed files but the installer will not let you do this(this is the only software I have come across that won't let you).

It would be better if the installer would scan the folder to see what files are there and then only download whats missing (this is what steam does).

Instead of making a 6mb installer that then needs to download 30gb of data to install just the stock items that come free with it why not just make an installer that is 36gb so you only have to download once. then all you need to do is download modules.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Pete

which shortcuts are important to you?

You can recreate them manually, which saves time. If you know what you're doing it's very simple. If you don't, I'm sure someone or myself will write up steps for you to create your end result.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

Hi tasslehoff

Thanks for the reply but I know how to put the shortcuts back manually I just think it would be better if that sort of thing was incorporated into the repair exe.

It just annoys me that if I want to format a hard drive and reinstall then I have to re-download 30gb of data before I can even think of reinstalling mods.

There are folk out there who have quite slow internet speeds where this download is going to take a full day to complete.

Like I said in steam it will scan a folder to see what files are already there and then download only files that are missing but if you try that with dcs it says dcs is already installed and cannot continue with installation.

I just think the installer and the 30gb of data should be merged into one download so you can save it somewhere to reinstall any time you need to.

Don't get me wrong DCS is a great sim but there are some minor things like this that would make it a bit more user friendly.