Please, how much longer,, or guestimate, out of respect for us paying fans..

one more try (where others tried and failed..), how many more months??? I think someone owes us an answer, I am ina window closing for buying new computer stuff, and have al my computer hardware ready, but am closing the window on expensive games for a while,, how much longer for Black Shark??? I need to know so I can squeeze it in for my budget... I just did a pre-order for SOW: Battle Of Britain and it isn't being released till 12-2007. Why Ca't Ed either release it for pre-ordeers or tell us something...

Other developers take time to release a year,, can't the BS developers take 3 minutes and tell us? This is the very forst time I asked outright for this..

:doh: :joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Give it time. This has been asked many times and the truth is we just dont know. February has gone by without any release, so i'm willing to guess not till late this year. I'm not tester or anything, so dont think i'm accurate or anything, that's just my guess.

Think of it this way, would you rather have the incomplete version now? or the complete, less buggy version later ;)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

well you have to understand that ED is a small team so its already amazing what they have accomplished. That being said, it makes them look bad if they said an expected date and they don't meet it. Like what happened with FC, it was released like 6 months late and a lot of people complained, so to avoid that, they much rather just keep quiet and release it when its ready. You have to know programming a software is really tricky, if you fix one bug, a new bug appears, that's why the beta testers are pulling their hair out just by playing with the game so consider us lucky we don't have to go through it. And if they release it now with the bugs, many would come back and say why they released it so early. So its better to be patient about it. As for hardware, they said bs would run similar to FC, so if you have a good fps with fc, then your rig should handle bs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ahhhhh........ When its done ???? :music_whistling:

But seriously I think that Frank hit the proverbial nail on the head..

They probably don't know yet...

But I remember when Lock On was in development and Ed ventured to give an estimate...and then the release date came and went and the forum went ballistic, and then there were all post release threads ... :protest:

So I doubt if we'll see any estimates until their damn close to the finish...I'm sure that they don't want those issues again....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Ahhhhh........ When its done ???? :music_whistling:

But seriously I think that Frank hit the proverbial nail on the head..

They probably don't know yet...

But I remember when Lock On was in development and Ed ventured to give an estimate...and then the release date came and went and the forum went ballistic, and then there were all post release threads ... :protest:

So I doubt if we'll see any estimates until their damn close to the finish...I'm sure that they don't want those issues again....

~S~

Blaze

Yeah that was fun times indeed... but yeah FrankHog pretty much hit it on the head. And funny Thomas DW, just :thumbup:

Seriously Ramstein, SuperKungFu and FrankHog pretty much gave you the response you need, as we're in the same boat ;)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

;)

See! See that? I talked about this before... It's the "I know something you don't" smilie these testers often use to tease us to no end.

I bet he's going ne ne ne ne ne ner... Shaking his booty and everything.

Someone grab him! I gonna plug his eyebrows, so he can't do that to us ever again!

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

In most cases when we choose to discuss the project on the forum, we don't have specific permission to do so. So we have to be very conscious of our words. This is in part because of the NDA, but more importantly, because the project is still in development and if the Devs aren't willing (or able) to discuss specific features, it probably isn't our place to do so, either. Please don't misunderstand our endless winks and hints as self-gratification at your expense. Well, not entirely anyway. :)

P.S. I was winking at my poor 'fiscal year' joke.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

See! See that? I talked about this before... It's the "I know something you don't" smilie these testers often use to tease us to no end.

I bet he's going ne ne ne ne ne ner... Shaking his booty and everything.

Someone grab him! I gonna plug his eyebrows, so he can't do that to us ever again!

yeah dont worry EB probably hasnt had time to play BS that much .. Trust me i know EB pretty well..

but on the other hand as a consumer(and this is the first time i have posted something on the subject of release dates) i would have to say that instead of releasing knowledge of the product i would get it half way done before announcing its exsistence so as to get a head start and perhaps release it on a date that was "guessed".. so if you dont give as hint of a project ppl wont be disappointed at its delay.. just my 2 cents..

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

why is it Oleg of IL-2 can give us a pre-ordering and guess of December 2007. Yet We can't get a pre-order nor a guess for BS all the way up to 2008?

:suspect:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Because ED's situation is complex and dynamic.

And this post is cryptic and vague.

That's all I can say.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Your subject title is a bit misleading.

You arent really paying fans, not in the sense that you have already paid for something and are not getting it. Not sure why so many people think ED owes them an explanation.

You people should realize that when ED gets BS out, they get paid. The way I see it, you owe them to wait.

helo, yawn

Now if it fixed or even improved the fps, AI, mission editor etc issues in the current game then that would be interesting. Nothing from ED on this and only teaser feedback from testers who I know are restricted in what they can say. Seems like EDs running on faith (again) rather than good business practices.

why is it Oleg of IL-2 can give us a pre-ordering and guess of December 2007. Yet We can't get a pre-order nor a guess for BS all the way up to 2008?

Oleg has a contract with his publisher , ED don't.

Though i guess they have some other... customer.

Just forget about BS for the time being, that will make time go by faster. Also, you might want to try out a different genre in the meantime. I am getting Armed Assault tommorrow and Silent Hunter IV week after next. Two totally different games that are both in genres that peak my interest.

If you haven't checked out any other avenues, do it. Who knows, by that time you may have found something else you really enjoy. :)

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Just forget about BS for the time being, that will make time go by faster. Also, you might want to try out a different genre in the meantime. I am getting Armed Assault tommorrow and Silent Hunter IV week after next. Two totally different games that are both in genres that peak my interest.

If you haven't checked out any other avenues, do it. Who knows, by that time you may have found something else you really enjoy. :)

I have enough to kerep me busy... I just have a window with money and don't want to have someone put BS up after my window closes..

:cry:

besides,,,, I still think what I said...

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Complex and dynamic...Hmmm.

Could that be a hint that they are trying to sort out a dynamic campaign for BS?

I was always kean on helo sims but i recently had the misfortune of purchasing Comanche 4, what a piece of dumbed down trash, so hopefully ED will show how it should be done. Anyway I'm pretty lucky as I have only started playing LOMAC and I have a ton of stuff to learn so I don't mind waiting.

Complex and dynamic...Hmmm.

Could that be a hint that they are trying to sort out a dynamic campaign for BS?

I was always kean on helo sims but i recently had the misfortune of purchasing Comanche 4, what a piece of dumbed down trash, so hopefully ED will show how it should be done. Anyway I'm pretty lucky as I have only started playing LOMAC and I have a ton of stuff to learn so I don't mind waiting.

No, it's not a sign that ED are trying to sort out a dynamic campaign for Black Shark. They ARE working on a new and better mission editor that might help pave the way for such a campaign . . . . but it won't be at that level for Black Shark release.

As been said by ED team members numerous times the release is planned for year 2007. That's the most accurate estimation for the moment so I'll suggest you to trust only this untill there's any update about it.

As a dedicated helo guy I can say with hand on my heart that BS will introduce an unique and unseen so far in terms of realism helicopter simulation. It will worth the wait.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

In most cases when we choose to discuss the project on the forum, we don't have specific permission to do so. So we have to be very conscious of our words. This is in part because of the NDA, but more importantly, because the project is still in development and if the Devs aren't willing (or able) to discuss specific features, it probably isn't our place to do so, either. Please don't misunderstand our endless winks and hints as self-gratification at your expense. Well, not entirely anyway. :)

P.S. I was winking at my poor 'fiscal year' joke.

I know. Just messing with ya.

;)

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P