Any news 2.5 final release date?

tmansteve

I uninstalled 1.5 today; the only version I need is 2.5. I find the performance generally good in 2.5, although my laptop and playing style might not be the same as everybody else's.

I'm delighted to have just one install to worry about, as opposed to the three I had a month or so ago.

The issues that affect me most are the unresolved issues in DLC campaigns - e.g. some missions that can't start, or others where the new Caucuses map obscures landing areas or other objects of interest. But I know these are things to be fixed in the campaigns, not in DCS itself.

All in all, I'm far happier being able to fly the 2.5 Open Beta than being still in 1.5 and being told that 2.5 is "coming soon".

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

I feel you're pain, but to be fair to ED and personally speaking I haven't seen many of the issues you mention. I fly in VR and have now managed to get my setting so it flies smoothly (most of the time) and looks quite stunning.

I am very pleased with how things are progressing and the fun I get out of this sim far outweighs its frustrations, for me at least.

Keep the faith! :thumbup:

I wish I could achieve a smooth VR experience ......

Edited by Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Guys, you have to see the glass half full!!

There is someone near the ED's office who is becoming rich by selling coffee cups to the devs!

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

• ED Team

The statement here still holds true:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3399945&postcount=130

DCS World 2.5 Update

Since last week’s newsletter, the team continues to address items discovered during the Open Beta test period. Items such as fog discoloration, night lighting, multiplayer performance, load times, and others are all being addressed for the release version. It is very important that any changes made for the DCS World 2.5 release version maintain or improve game performance of the 2.5 Open Beta.

Open Beta is a release of DCS that is not ready for full release. The goal is to have it put out against many different users using many different configurations. If you are not happy with 2.5 you can still use the release version and either wait for a patch or wait for the release version of 2.5. Open Beta software is not for everyone.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

As a programmer I understand thinking you have tried everything only to release it with different hardware configuration and users that want to break it on purpose and those that break it from lack of knowledge.

I’m been pleased not every programming team would be able to release on a weekly schedule.

• Like 1

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

As a programmer I understand thinking you have tried everything only to release it with different hardware configuration and users that want to break it on purpose and those that break it from lack of knowledge.

I’m been pleased not every programming team would be able to release on a weekly schedule.

Oh I get it, its our fault...nice. :doh:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

His point is - it is literally impossible to test every single thing on your own or within a small group of official testers. Every user does things a little differently, often using the program in ways you never considered.

This is where an open beta comes into play - are there bugs the team is aware of at release? Most likely, this is why the product is labelled as a beta. But it's at a point where the team need to see results from a wider user base in order to proceed in the most efficient way possible.

Participate or don't, it's up to you. Lament that the beta has lasted longer than originally projected, if it makes you feel better, but it's very likely the same people that lament the delays would be the ones standing outside the office with torches and pitchforks if a "release" version contained issues such as memory leaks and invisible objects.

Rest assured the team is working hard to bring 2.5 to a full release status. If you can't wait for the shiny new map, hop on the beta bus. Many of us are flying and enjoying it within the constraints of the current issues, including my group who have run 3+ hour ops weekly with elaborate scripting in the new Caucasus map with no issues once the invisible objects were identified and replaced.

Sorry, that may have been his point but saying "users that want to break it on purpose and those that break it from lack of knowledge." does not come across in his text.

Clearly you both come from the programming side of things and not public relations...

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I feel you're pain, but to be fair to ED and personally speaking I haven't seen many of the issues you mention. I fly in VR and have now managed to get my setting so it flies smoothly (most of the time) and looks quite stunning.

It's not about how smoothly it runs, or how good it looks. There are major issues to be addressed and clearly ED are working on them. Otherwise, we would have had a release version by now. However, you can see by the number of posts and identified issues, that it is far from ready for release atm.

Happy that everything is all OK for you though!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

@imacken.

I don't doubt there are some major (and minor) issues that need addressing. My post was merely pointing out that, like in most things in life, there are two sides to every story.

Some posts prior to mine were practically calling for a lynch mob due to the release of 2.5 in its current state. I was just giving my personal opinion that my experience has been pretty good.

Yeah I know, lucky me!

• ED Team

All you need to know is that 2.5 is in Open Beta, ED releases to open beta to get the largest sampling among different configurations before release. Its not ready for release and has not been released fully. If you dont like helping test software, its best to avoid Open Beta releases.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I wasn’t saying you were one of the users trying to break it but there are users out that try everything to see what works right and what doesn’t it part of their using it they’re not the ones that just fly by the numbers and such. I had a guy helping me who I gave each released to him and told Jim to try each and every option and document wether it worked as expected or went haywire. It was the only way to release it to my users.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

How can I break something on purpose or from lack of knowledge?

Kinda confused by that line ?

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

How can I break something on purpose or from lack of knowledge?

Kinda confused by that line ?

Breaking something on purpose, is different from breaking something by mistake or accidentally. "on purpose" means that you know that you are doing something that will break it and you want to do so. That is difference like breaking a law on purpose (like speeding to hospital while someone is dying at your backseat, so you know you are doing wrong but you are trying to save someone's life) or by accidentally.

From "lack of knowledge" it is like a child that doesn't have a knowledge that hot oven burns hand, so when a child tries to open the oven knowing they shouldn't touch it, doesn't just know why and gets burned, it is lack of knowledge.

In testing you try to on purpose to break things. like you are creating a mission with 1500 units firing same time. Or fill all kind logic loops that you know should cause trouble.

Or you don't know what you are doing and you just "mash the code" with some random things hoping something good and you just happen to break things. And such can be not valid testing as normal person might not never do such things as it is not expected.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It was mentioned in the patch notes about the problems

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200724

and Wags the producer also made a statement about the delay

plus us as moderators have been trying to pass on info, not sure what else we could have done to communicate it more.

anyway, hope we wont have long to wait now.

The 2.5.0 "Release" version will launch a week or two later, depending on how the Open Beta release goes. = https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter26012018-2b897d3a693546bc47e17459ce0b316c.html?bx_sender_conversion_id=16352

Least that was empty promise.

Or least dcs week or two is long ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand the complaints. We got 2.5 beta and it's awesome. Better than 2.2 or 1.5. Does it have bugs? Sure, but now that so many people are testing they can get more feedback and progress faster. How can anyone possibly expect them to promise when all the bugs would be fixed? Or just enough to call it "2.5 release"? How could anyone know? It's a journey of continuous improvement anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it's called beta, or release.

So my advice is to download the beta, and enjoy it. There is a lot to enjoy. If you don't want to, then wait for the release version and remind yourself that it was your choice to wait. Let me tell you that the release version will have bugs too, but ED will work just as hard to squash them as in the beta version.

I am thinking that the 2.5 Open Beta release was rushed and released only to satisfy the "promise" of being delivered by the end of January. Everything in DCS has been delayed and 2.5 is apparently no exception. We should all be acclimated to this by now but it is getting a bit tiresome, discouraging, and frustrating. Let us hope that this is not a preview of what the Hornet release will be like; however, DCS is unfortunately developing a history of delays and a long list of unreleased features, maps, and aircraft from both ED and third-party developers.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Sorry, but the cockpit buttons lights problem is there since 2.2. The memory leak should have been the first thing fixed... it breaks multiplayer for many of us, myself included.

While "don't install betas if you can't stand bugs" is true, it really doesn't justify some stuff...

You just can't say we can't stand bugs. We wouldn' be playing DCS release version if we couldn't stand bugs.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Try something else. The World is wider than flight simulators only.

Great advice, I would hire you as public relations!!

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

If any activity is a source of tiresome, frustration and discouraging, just stop, take a deep breathe and do something else.

If some cant enjoy the journey better not start walking.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

If any activity is a source of tiresome, frustration and discouraging, just stop, take a deep breathe and do something else.

If some cant enjoy the journey better not start walking.

Good advice and that is exactly what I have done. I have not touched DCS since December as I have been waiting for the 2.5 release version as well as the Hornet and Tomcat. However, I don't think ED would be very supportive of this advice as it creates an unsustainable business model. We have a small, unique community and ED cannot afford for people to leave or take breaks. They need continued and growing support.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"