New Huey training campaign is being started

BlacleyCole

Hey I’ve post a few places of a goal i have for creating three campaigns similar to the a10c training campaigns. I was figuring on having each phase in a different local to spread it around. Now that we have several theaters to fly in. But a fellow teammate suggested keeping it all in the basic theater that everyone has access to.

I suggested we ask our potential customers. So here it goes.

For the basic training phase where would you like it held?

Option 1) Nevada map

Option 2) Caucasus map

Option 3) other Map

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

One more question has come up. Were thinking of having a pre campaign mission to see if you have the basic skills to start the training. If you pass you should be able to pass the first flight mission if you don’t you need more stick time before starting the campaign. Do you like this idea?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Please make sure they are training missions and not testing missions like the A10C A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign, which is NOT a training at all. The 3 Maple Leaf A10C campaigns do no teaching whatsoever. They just harshly (with a crappy unpleasant test guy) test you on manuvers that they NEVER train the user on. All 3 suck real bad as "training" experiences. Want to know what training is? The A10C in game training is both instructive and supportive in its training style.

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

We’re trying to base them on the usa’s basic rotary wing training manual if so it should be 20 missions in the campaign with most using the see one , do one , test on one technique if. The ai manipulation will allow it. The first will be an intro, but it will require some reading of the manuals provided, just like in real life. You need to follow checklists and sops.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Just remember it will be up to you to read the Huey manual, I recommend chuck’s Huey tutorial and the info that will be provided to you with the campaign as it doesn’t include the ground school and is just the flight briefing and flights. You’ll need to do your own reading on how and why these task are done. Helo flying isn’t like fixed wings where you can get in the seat start it up give it enough power and get airborne the move the stick left to go left, right to go right, forward to dive and back to climb. In a hell the Huey especially you need to plan out you movements as moving the cyclic usually always requires movement of one or both of the other controls plus planning the end of the movement by using opposing input to counter your initial inputs. In a fixed wing it usually responds immediately but a rotary wing doesn’t respond until the forces are significant enough to cause a reaction by the helo. So with dcs being a study level sim for most mods you need to study the published info to learn the basics so you know what and why to do something in the air especially the Huey which is muscled threw the air so to speak since in reality there’s no autopilot and you copilot can’t fly it in dcs that’s what the dcs autopilot in the Huey is replacing you copilot flying straight and level or in a circle.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Nevada for me but any will do this is why I came to DCS in first place but there were no proper training offered that was of any real use

Edited by RePhil

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Caucasus makes most sense, imagine a new person that starts to play DCS just to learn the Huey, He would have to buy 3 modules, and if he is new, he's possibly just invested in rudder pedals and a hotas.

The 50 extra dollars for a map and then the x dollars for your model might be to much.

You will be doing new players a favor by keeping it on Caucasus.

With 2.5 and the four seasons you can have the seasons as a real time progress, the student starts his basic training in the spring and gets his wings in the winter.

Yngwie84: ingame & on Twitch

X55-Hotas - Logitech rudder pedals - DCS Bios box.

I’ve been convenesed to keep it in Russia we’ve came up with a legitimate story for it I’m working on the first two modules script next week since I’ve arrived home yesterday. I’m gonna recommend everyone spend about 10 hours log time in the Huey just to learn to take off flY and set down the craft prior to trying these just so it goes smoothly in the beginning then take the traIl mission to see if your abilities are adaquate for the beginning missions. The first mission is a fam mission as I recall dOne in the mission breifing room. The second is a start up and shutdown done on the ground I’ve not remembering further than that. Like I keep saying I’m wanting a demo trial grade procedure type learning environment if possible in the ai programming. Once the first mission or two are completed then I’ll knowhow far we can extend it but I’m working with maple flag to get it produced and released.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

This sounds pretty cool to me. Just what I was looking actually. I've been having a lot of fun with some freeware missions but what I miss is a decent training possibility for the Huey. Bought the Argo mission recently and it is great but a little too difficult for me at the moment. I'm willing to pay for decent training missions with real time hints and tips. Since I have Caucasus only that would be my area of choice.

What timeframe are you thinking of? When could this be released?

Good luck with your development!!

Jozeff

I have recruited half of the team members so far I basically designed the skilled test here but will tweak it later closer to the release .it will be a while as the first is still initial script writing stage and will have to be edited for standard op procedures f,or helos in that type of area. Still need a graphic artist and maybe a coder to complete the tech team and a rl Huey rated pilot to test out the missions for authenticy and input on the missions themselves because I’m using the tech or field manuals / guides to write the scripts and being told that my expectations for doing the missions is not realistic at this point in time so I proposed an alternative of playing a recorded video then switch back and forth controls to the client my least favorite method would be supply training videos triggering a message to pause the sim watch the video then practice and be evaluated on your technique s but I hoping not to go that route. I really don’t like the video in the cockpit method but it’s better than pausing the sim and playing a video. In any case you will need to do the ground school on your own I plan either to provide the manuals and training material or link to it so have and if I can find a USA helo ground school traing guide I’ll write up a ground school reading list.and maybe do so instructional videos to help with the process but that would be another project. Because they training consists of four phases ground, basic flight, adv tactics and weapons and transport tactics. I doubt anyone would pay for a ground school phase.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

NEVADA for sure.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Based on current ai ability and information received from members here I’m worried that the training we were hoping to provide isn’t possible due to restrictions governed by ED. The best that I can hope to provide at this point is a you tube video with the explanation and demonstration phases of instruction then you would have to go in the sim and practice the task then play another video for the next task and so forth. Until multi crew in multi player mode or ED updates the ai interface to allow a user to code an ip in it or at least trigger a video then resume the sim after the video but until then I’m on hold I’m not going to put out a training campaign that’s nothing more that the evaluation phase without the precosour phases.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB