Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Joe!

Did you guys think about the possibility to expand the distance between base and stick? Maybe as option for your fellow future customers ;) . What I mean is a Stick which I can put on the bottom of my Aker-Barnes-Pit. Otherwise you would have to fit the wide base between your legs (as the standard Su-27 hasn't got a sidestick).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Hi,

Here's a comparison picture, I made it in a different way than I initial had in mind, I put a photo into a screenshot :)

The difference in total height is clearly visible now.

Comparison.jpg

Ceeya :joystick:

One Definite Pre-Order Right Here!

Good Work Guys cool-4.gif

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Have you got just an ideea of the future price (big estimation of course ! ) Just to have an idea of the amount of coins I need to save...lol

Well about the price, I know you all wanna know how much it's gonna be, but at the moment there are just to many unknowns to give you a big astimate.

I've only still got the outsides, all the electronics and button mechanics and the attachement to the cougar base still have to be designed, and those are going to complicate the molds.

So you see it's a little early for that, but one thing is for sure it ain't going to be cheap :lookaround:

Well about the price, I know you all wanna know how much it's gonna be, but at the moment there are just to many unknowns to give you a big astimate.

I've only still got the outsides, all the electronics and button mechanics and the attachement to the cougar base still have to be designed, and those are going to complicate the molds.

So you see it's a little early for that, but one thing is for sure it ain't going to be cheap :lookaround:

Have you seen how much the NXT and hall sensors is :)

Do you think it will be possible just to buy the stick grip with buttons WITHOUT the joy system ? To be directly interfaced with systems like IOCards or USB modules ? I'am interested by the grip alone, I have the electronic to make a stick working...so just want to know if you think it will be possible to buy it alone or if I have to design mine ( it was for that reason that I asked you if you let the 2D or 3D plans available or can buy them...)

Best regards

Do you think it will be possible just to buy the stick grip with buttons WITHOUT the joy system ? To be directly interfaced with systems like IOCards or USB modules ? I'am interested by the grip alone, I have the electronic to make a stick working...so just want to know if you think it will be possible to buy it alone or if I have to design mine ( it was for that reason that I asked you if you let the 2D or 3D plans available or can buy them...)

Best regards

Yes, I'm thinking about selling the stick as a kit, and this way it will also be possible to sell the stick in different stages.

:joystick:

well the NXT and hall sensors are about 150% of the price of the Cougar... yet... hundreds (I dare not say thousands) of people buy it. I am sure IJ has sold vew hundred gimbals already... maybe even a thousand. I estimate this because when he does batches he does probably 50-100 gimbals at the time... but this is just my estimate. I've seen photos (in cougarworld) where you can see tens of same bits (meaning tens of gimbals) in his batch... so yeah...ihe probably does do 100 at a time... don't know how long it takes him though... but he's been making these well over 2 years now... maybe even 3.

No longer active in DCS...

Hm well, woak up and all of a sudden I'm in this part of the forum :D

Well... maybe it's fits better in here. :joystick:

Hehe well sorry about the sudden move, but the topic should really have been posted here from the start :) .

Anyway,

12-06-2007_04.jpg

....awesome! :) .

JJ

Freakin sick!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Maby a stupid question.

But do you have any kind of info what all the functions are from the buttons and so on on the stick?

Man...i am going to save some chash for this!

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21