Introducing the DFDT Cockpit Project

Joe Kurr

I have been holding out on buying a cougar for a while, waiting for the add on "A-10, F-15, etc" grips that were SUPPOSED to come out from the TM factory. However, if you produce this stick, I will MOST DEFFINITELY purchase one from you for my Su-25 pit. I will also purchase the required cougar from TM. However, the only way I will EVER purchase a cougar is there are grips available OTHER than the f-16.

I've been all over Cougar world regarding the replacement sticks for the last 4 years..

Apparently Thrustmaster feels that this is far to expensive for them develop..

I've been waiting for some brave individuals to come up with something like this for quite some time..

So I've been happily following this thread from the beginning ...

HPO and Joe: You gentleman are doing a tremendous job working out the kinks in this ProtoType.. I have the utmost confidence that you'll be able to sort this all out... With all of the people that fly Lock On using a Cougar I'm sure will buy this addon... And even if they don't use Cougars, I'm betting that they'll buy a Cougar just to be able to use your Stick Mod..

And I'd like to add that I also enjoyed the training video of the silicon mold procedure, So I think that Thrustmaster most likely would have to farm out these procedures, makeing development of some thing along these lines out of the question, because of cost..

But since your squad does these things as a profession, your cutting out the middleman thus making this feasible...

Please feel free to correct if I'm wrong... :lol:

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ,I think it is ГУ-6

Hi, Thanks, I also think its ГУ-6, do you have any idea what it means?

Could it be some kind of serialnumber?

And thanks everyone, for the confidence in this project, greatly appreciated:)

• Like 1

I do have a X45, and I've already performed a mod with the stick extended an twisted withing 30° to the left, and I'd be really very much interested in this wonderfull stick to install in my pit...:thumbup:

Hi, are you sure it is 30°, seems a bit much to me, I think it is more like 15° to 20° or so.

And a small update, the gun trigger:)

15_05_2007_01.jpg

15_05_2007_02.jpg

:joystick:

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! :noexpression:

YAY! Finally got the electronics to work :D

I added two LEDs, one to see if it is connected to USB (and has +5V power supply) and one to see if the programmer is connected.

stick-working-2.jpg

After some wire-tracing, re-soldering here and there, and trying different firmware versions, I finally got it recognized by Windows.

stick-working-3.jpg

Seems like I've got an extra axis (there should be six, it says seven) :D

stick-working-1.jpg

Next step is to connect all the remaining pots and ground all ports I don't use at the moment,

since the controller seems to have a problem with non-connected ports.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I tryed the 30° angle and it seemed to be the good value. I also performed the measurement on the bitmap mapping in LockOn.

Concerning tne axis and the connections of the different switches, I also intended to use the abilities of the Opencockppit's Mastercard and USB expansion. This enable me to connect many switches and coolies hat and also use the 4 alalog axes embedded in the USB expansion card :smilewink:

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

Realy looks good!

Where did you find the refference work for this stick never found any good picture of the back side....

A request:unsure: Could you explain what each button does in the stick...always thought about the functions of it....

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Excellent, are you actually planning to distribute these wonders? it would be great business..

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

I tryed the 30° angle and it seemed to be the good value. I also performed the measurement on the bitmap mapping in LockOn.

Concerning tne axis and the connections of the different switches, I also intended to use the abilities of the Opencockppit's Mastercard and USB expansion. This enable me to connect many switches and coolies hat and also use the 4 alalog axes embedded in the USB expansion card :smilewink:

Ok, I see, but when I look at some pictures and the russian knights video I think its less than that but the angles of filming are allways of center so maybe.

Realy looks good!

Where did you find the refference work for this stick never found any good picture of the back side....

A request:unsure: Could you explain what each button does in the stick...always thought about the functions of it....

Well the photos we got are from Chizh, wasserfall got them for reference for the cockpit.

And offcourse, I will make a good drawing for the explanation of the buttons.

Excellent, are you actually planning to distribute these wonders? it would be great business..

Yes we are, first a small series but when the demand is to high for our production method with the silicon molds, we may have to look for a different way to produce them. but this is still a long way off.

Yes we are, first a small series but when the demand is to high for our production method with the silicon molds, we may have to look for a different way to produce them. but this is still a long way off.

Just like anything else that's of good quality.. You almost always have to wait for it.....:thumbup:

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, yes I'm still working on it :)

Made the autopilot trigger plus the housing, again it's not a big update, but better something than nothing :D

12-06-2007_01.jpg

12-06-2007_02.jpg

12-06-2007_03.jpg

12-06-2007_04.jpg

See you, :joystick:

• Like 1

It's looking better and better... It's a lot more refined..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

It's looking better and better... It's a lot more refined..

~S~

Blaze

Thanks, next will be the grip (the little piramids :shocking:) I have to export the stick to a surface modeler for that, the current program doesn't seem to do that.

i was just wondering if we could get a comparison in size to the cougar grip..i have fairly smallish(not a midget) hands so i was just wondering about that..

Well I could make a 1:1 print on a printer, and make a picture while holding it against de Cougar stick.

The total height of the stick will be greater then the Cougar because of the way the palmrest and the brakehandle are mounted, but the palmrest will be adjustable just like the real one.

But for a comparison, when you look at the picture, the distance from the palmrest to the autopilot trigger is 84mm (3.309 inch) which is almost the same as the cougar.

The distance from the palmrest to the trimbutton is 158mm (6.225 inch) On the Cougar this is 150mm (5.909 inch).

But the palmrest can still be adjusted higher than this.

Measure.jpg

I will make a picture tomorrow with the print.

Ceeyaa :joystick: