Good bye, fly safe and take care.

WarHawk72

Warhawks, check your pm.

Thanks mate will do, sorry for delay dog passed away this week after 14 years, have not had time to check anything of late.

Thanks to everyone for their kind and supportive words, reason why this community is so great!

Try Process Lasso. I had to come back to 1.5.8 from 2.5 because of minutes of loading, very poor perfomance and horrible sttutering. I experienced often sttutering in the 1.5.8 as well, but after installing Process Lasso yesterday, 1.5.8 runs for me without ANY sttuters. I didnt expect much from this program, but as I can see its doing a very great job. Also to compare, in 2.5 on the same server, in the same aircraft, at the same place and with same graphic details, my FPS are from 22 - 26 (and with sttutering), but on 1.5.8 I have beatiful 65 - 80. I expected much better perfomance in the 2.5 and I was pretty (negatively) surprised how bad it runs.

Thanks mate will do, sorry for delay dog passed away this week after 14 years, have not had time to check anything of late.

Damn. Really sorry to hear that. You have my condolences. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

indeed, sorry to hear that M8.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks to everyone for their kind and supportive words, reason why this community is so great!

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

I feel your pain. Spend over 100 dollars on a sim and meet the Recommended specs only for an Update to kill it. What the hell is using 10 Gbs of ram anyways, It'd be nice to have a terrain quality mesh quality option.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

I don't have the best rig but I could play 1.5 nicely and it looked great. Now this update has made it impossible for me to play, although I am keeping my hopes up that they will optimise it and make it playable for me.

Modules: AV-8B, Hawk, Viggen, FC3, F-5E, MiG-21, Mirage 2000, L-39.

I hate to say this because DCS is literally the only game in town, but 2.5 is grating on me as well.

I know it's only an alpha, but in my vast experience as a software developer, an "alpha" usually IS the release version.

Most of this thread is focused on performance issues that the 2.5 release surfaced. I have a screaming rig and have acceptable performance -- other than the glitches, stutters, marathon loading and crashes.

My beef is that the game is virtually unplayable -- even with the 2.5 release:

utterly stupid AI

unrealistic AI physics

unrealistic AI damage modeling

broken weapon damage modeling (drop an mk82 20' from a BMP)

broken weapons (cluster munitions, SU25 ARMs, cannon spread)

broken aircraft sensor systems (F15 radar)

clumsy mission editor with no dynamic campaign capability

broken campaigns and missions

I really want to love this sim. I really was hoping for more than just a prettier 1.5.x. At least I don't have three versions sitting on my box anymore.

I'm in the same boat. prior to 2.5 I was easily putting 12-30 hours of DCS per week depending on work schedule. Now its 1-2 hours a week spent trying to access MP then quitting. I won't be buying anymore modules regardless what they are!

I'm in the same boat. prior to 2.5 I was easily putting 12-30 hours of DCS per week depending on work schedule. Now its 1-2 hours a week spent trying to access MP then quitting. I won't be buying anymore modules regardless what they are!

My flight hours took about the same hit. Although I will not say that I will no longer purchase any modules from DCS - I will certainly not get excited about any of them until they have been out for at least 6 months (in non alpha/beta form). Have purchased numerous modules, most recently the F18. It would seem purchasing the A10C, several years after it’s release, was the smartest move I made regarding DCS so far. Second is to stop attempting to fly with DCS until this nightmare of a release attempt is done.

To the OP, I feel your pain (as it seems to many many others). Regarding the loss of you family member, much more condolences there sir. Recently went thru that and not something that I’d wish upon my worst enemy.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'm a big fan of the series since its first steps with LockOn in 2003 or so.

Barely two years ago I invested in a completely new system mainly because of DCS.

We are dealing with a beta version so I'm confident and I hope that the guys at ED will improve the performance significantly until the release and also in the future, especially with further evolution of the graphics engine.

But if I now had to spend another 1000 Euros again this would definitely be the end of DCS for me. At least for the next few years.

Chris

• ED Team

Open beta's are not for everyone, we have to ask ourselves if we can cope with problems with the sim while it is in a testing phase.

If the answer is no you should stay with the release build and wait for a stable version of 2.5 to be pushed to release.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Open beta's are not for everyone, we have to ask ourselves if we can cope with problems with the sim while it is in a testing phase.

If the answer is no you should stay with the release build and wait for a stable version of 2.5 to be pushed to release.

Thats great and we are all patiently waiting, but I think people aren't so much worried about the beta performance but the ability to play the release version on computers that some people have only recently purchased which meet the minimum specifications and in some cases recommended specifications.

If the performance of the beta doesnt change, computers running your published minimum specs will barely be able to play the game at even the absolute lowest settings. I think the recommended and minimum specs need a good look at. If i was to read my computer didnt meet the minimum required my expectations would reflect that. Whereas currently my expectations are a lot higher.

• ED Team

The beta has a memory and optimisation issue currently, which is being worked on. We will see improvement in performance soon.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thats great and we are all patiently waiting, but I think people aren't so much worried about the beta performance but the ability to play the release version on computers that some people have only recently purchased which meet the minimum specifications and in some cases recommended specifications.

If the performance of the beta doesnt change, computers running your published minimum specs will barely be able to play the game at even the absolute lowest settings. I think the recommended and minimum specs need a good look at. If i was to read my computer didnt meet the minimum required my expectations would reflect that. Whereas currently my expectations are a lot higher.

But isn't that what minimum specs are? The hardware that will allow game play at the lowest settings?

The beta has a memory and optimisation issue currently, which is being worked on. We will see improvement in performance soon.

Thanks for the update, has the latest update resolved either of these issues?

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

• ED Team
Thanks for the update, has the latest update resolved either of these issues?

no the latest patch was a hotfix for a starforce issue

memory issues are currently being tested by us at the moment