Alternative to CH Control Manager for Windows 10

Hello guys,

I'm one of those for which CH control Manager is not working with W10. Already spent a few hours around the CH Hangar Forum and reddit trying out all the tips to get it working (It was working great in W7 for me), but with no success so far. Eveytime I try to download a profile (CH Manager jargon, just loading a profile) to get into Mapped mode, W10 stop recognizing my devices (I have to say I own a Fighterstick and CH Pro throttle combo). Only plugging and unplugging the devices make them visible again, or worst, unstalling CH Manager, deleting drivers and installing back.

So the question is:

Any alternative -in the form of freeware if possible- to create and load some profiles in the devices to use for DCS? I guess i could just assign DX button to the Hotas combo and use the ingame setting from DCS, although this means i cannot use another mode to double the amount of usable buttons (Or reserving some of the buttons to key presses like: centering/pausing Trackir, etc...)

Any help would very welcome. I really hope CH can solve the problems with their software -Or Microsoft and his W10 latest update, don't know which company to blame-

Regards,

PD: I've been away from the simmulation world for almost 3 years now, and I upgraded to W10 from W7 like 2 years ago, so i didn't notice CH software was having problems-for some users- with W10 till now.

Joystick Gremlin

Acer Predator 17X | i7 7820HK | 32GB DDR4-2400 | GTX1080 | 2x LiteOn 256GB SSD (RAID0) | HGST 1TB@7200RPM HDD | Creative SBX G5 | Win10 x64 FCU | VKB Gladiator Mk.2+Gametrix ECS, TM Cougar FCC3/VKB Fat King Cobra Mk.4/VKB GF Mk.2 w/ MCG Pro (coming)+Warthog Throttle | MFD Cougar Pack | TM TFRP, Saitek Combat, BRD MS3/F3(coming) | Logitech G13 | CST L-TRAC 2545W Trackball | TIR5+TCP, PS3Eye+Trackhat Clip Plus/UTC Mk.2 | HyperX Cloud Alpha | Playseat Flight Simulator/Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog

Thanks! I will look into it :). But looking to another topic on this forum i realized i can make double functions for each button through the DCS mode function. I think i can work with that.

Also trackir accept dx buttons as input right?

Regard,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

My workaround has been:

- Standard mapping within DCS

- Where I've wanted to map the ability for multiple button options, I've used VoiceAttack, and have assigned the three buttons on my Throttle as "Left Shift", "Left Alt", "Left Control", such that it does the equivalent of the three button on the side of my fighterstick.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

My workaround has been:

- Standard mapping within DCS

- Where I've wanted to map the ability for multiple button options, I've used VoiceAttack, and have assigned the three buttons on my Throttle as "Left Shift", "Left Alt", "Left Control", such that it does the equivalent of the three button on the side of my fighterstick.

But then you need to hold 1 of the 3 buttons for additionals actions right? Ex. Holding button 1 of the throtthe(Left shift) + any button you desire.

I would be willing to have one button as a "toggle" mode, this is: for new function I click button 1 of my throttle (Lets say is the mode button), I release it and then i press any button I wish. Pressing and releasing the button 1 again turns back to the original mode.

Can you do this with Voice attack? Can you make it directly on DCS? (I'm not home right now but i will try as soon as i am)

Regards,

But then you need to hold 1 of the 3 buttons for additionals actions right? Ex. Holding button 1 of the throtthe(Left shift) + any button you desire.

I would be willing to have one button as a "toggle" mode, this is: for new function I click button 1 of my throttle (Lets say is the mode button), I release it and then i press any button I wish. Pressing and releasing the button 1 again turns back to the original mode.

Can you do this with Voice attack? Can you make it directly on DCS? (I'm not home right now but i will try as soon as i am)

Regards,

My guess is that you can't do it by hold and release. Works well as hold whilst pressing.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I guess i could just assign DX button to the Hotas combo and use the ingame setting from DCS, although this means i cannot use another mode to double the amount of usable buttons.

You can double - and double again the joy buttons usage just in DCS controls:

1 - Assign CH 'pinky' button to be a 'modifier' in DCS controls. Then apply this modifier for desired buttons.

2 - Assign a CH button for be a "switch" (mode). Then map different commands for buttons under 'switch' mode and apply the 'pink' button if want/need.

The mentioned Joystick Gremlin (developed by a 'flight game' player) do most of what Manager/TARGET do, but is universal.

In the 'K.I.S.S' side Joy2Key supply - without any 'collateral effect,' most of the trivial keyboard emulation needs, but don't do "tricks" with axes - unless divide a axis in 3 bands and send keystrokes with this bands. But is limited to 32 buttons per 'joystick'.

You can double - and double again the joy buttons usage just in DCS controls:

1 - Assign CH 'pinky' button to be a 'modifier' in DCS controls. Then apply this modifier for desired buttons.

2 - Assign a CH button for be a "switch" (mode). Then map different commands for buttons under 'switch' mode and apply the 'pink' button if want/need.

The mentioned Joystick Gremlin (developed by a 'flight game' player) do most of what Manager/TARGET do, but is universal.

In the 'K.I.S.S' side Joy2Key supply - without any 'collateral effect,' most of the trivial keyboard emulation needs, but don't do "tricks" with axes - unless divide a axis in 3 bands and send keystrokes with this bands. But is limited to 32 buttons per 'joystick'.

Thanks Sokol!

1- Pinky was an example i guess. I can use the button i like right?

2-I need to see how to make this, luckily i have time this weekend to figure it out

Regards

1- Pinky was an example i guess. I can use the button i like right?

2-I need to see how to make this, luckily i have time this weekend to figure it out

Yes, can use any button to be the modifier in DCS controls to be the 'shift' for other buttons.

In joystick grip 'pink' is the logical choice to by 'shift' because is easy press and hold this button while press other buttons, HAT's and trigger.

'Shift' modifier require press and hold.

The 'switch' modifier (in fact a mode) in DCS controls work like the 'shift', but require only press once to turn ON this mode and press again to turn OFF.

'Shift' - a momentary modifier.

'Switch' - a permanent modifier.

Example of use:

Trigger fire cannons.

Trigger + 'shift' = launch missiles

Trigger + 'switch'= drop bombs

Trigger + 'switch' + shift' = do something else.

Thanks for all the help guys. This morning i left my dcs profile ready to my liking. One of the 3 front buttons of my ch pro throttle is my "mode" switch that let me double all the buttos of the ch hotas combo. Works great! No need to use external software for the moment.

Regards,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CH Control Manager now works properly in Windows 10 again for me. Microsoft fixed whatever USB issue they broke with a previous update. Maybe give it another try. I haven't had the program fail/gray out the mode buttons and stop responding for weeks now.

i7-9700k overclocked to 4.9ghz, RTX 2070 Super, 32GB RAM, M.2 NVMe drive, HP Reverb G2 version 2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals, and a Logitech Throttle Quadrant

• 9 months later...

FIX? >>> Maybe...

Hello guys,

I'm one of those for which CH control Manager is not working with W10. Already spent a few hours around the CH Hangar Forum and reddit trying out all the tips to get it working (It was working great in W7 for me), but with no success so far. Eveytime I try to download a profile (CH Manager jargon, just loading a profile) to get into Mapped mode, W10 stop recognizing my devices (I have to say I own a Fighterstick and CH Pro throttle combo). Only plugging and unplugging the devices make them visible again, or worst, unstalling CH Manager, deleting drivers and installing back.

So the question is:

Any alternative -in the form of freeware if possible- to create and load some profiles in the devices to use for DCS? I guess i could just assign DX button to the Hotas combo and use the ingame setting from DCS, although this means i cannot use another mode to double the amount of usable buttons (Or reserving some of the buttons to key presses like: centering/pausing Trackir, etc...)

Any help would very welcome. I really hope CH can solve the problems with their software -Or Microsoft and his W10 latest update, don't know which company to blame-

Regards,

PD: I've been away from the simmulation world for almost 3 years now, and I upgraded to W10 from W7 like 2 years ago, so i didn't notice CH software was having problems-for some users- with W10 till now.

Getting ready to add Windows 10 Pro to a separate dedicated 2TB SSD for my old Alienware Aurora R-3.

Have heard some horror stories that CH Control Manager will not work with Windows 10, so have been researching work-arounds.

Found these two, though a bit dated :

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33087-enabling-ch-products-joystick-control-manager-in-windows-10/

(Have been wondering if Microsoft would be fixing this negative issue with a future patch... )

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team
Joystick Gremlin

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::

It really brings new CH life under Windows 10. No need CH control management system any more. Same functionality but Much easier and more flexible.

Edited by VR

My guess is that you can't do it by hold and release. Works well as hold whilst pressing.

Bit late here but you can easily add toggled functions using Voice Attack.

The downside with VA is you need to send the game keyboard strokes. That doesn't bother me in the slightest but I know some don't like it

On my setup I use TARGET and VA, TARGET for the stick and VA for the throttle (Winwing Taurus). When I "SHIFT" in TARGET I send out a Dx button down out from TARGET that VA picks up. "UNSHIFT" a different button down and the "SHIFT" BUTTON up. You could easily do it with just one Dx being up or down depending on the "SHIFT" state.

To "SHIFT" (or any other mode you require) simply make a Boolean constant called Shift as an example. Make a command that has "Shift" envoked (True) when a Dx is sent, or a button pressed on the device, if you prefer. For "UNSHIFT" a separate command but it makes "Shift" false, it is invoked using the same Dx or button, but tick the invoke when all buttons are released

You can then add that Shift vairiable to your command. Your commands can then have buttons that don't care about the shift state, or only operate when Shifted or Unshifted. You can make as many Shifted or modes states as you want, using the same sort of logic.

I also added in short tones for press and release so as I know which state I'm in, Works pretty well for me.

Voice Attack can also operate a Double Tap or a Tempo presses too. I really like Voice Attack and find it both flexible annd reasonably reliable.