Head movement from G forces laggy

KCferrari

It seems like the camera movement from this option has a noticable jitter, as if the camera shift movement is being calculated at a much slower framerate than the rest of the world.

I do not use TrackIR or VR, so my camera is firmly planted forward, making any movement of the canopy frame dependant on that. I am also running at a constant vsync 60fps, with nothing around causing lag of any sort for this test. When the setting is on, sharp rolling from side to side is the most obvious case, where the frame seems to jitter back into place. The scenery remains perfectly smooth with the setting both on and off, and yet the canopy's shift seems to skip frames. So, it really just seems like the camera shift isn't being updated as fast as the rest of the game for some reason.

Edited by KCferrari

Windows 10 64 Bit, i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, STRIX GTX 970, Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS

I've noticed the same thing - I see it most by focusing on the vertical HUD supports as they (or rather our virtual head) move laterally while maneouvring.

It feels like the numbers being crunched to achieve the affect (which I love) are a bit coarse grained resulting in 'steppy' motion.

It feels like the numbers being crunched to achieve the affect (which I love) are a bit coarse grained resulting in 'steppy' motion.

Hmm.. That could also be true. Perhaps the numbers used for this just need to allow a few more decimal places to fix this. I guess its either that or update frequency, but who knows.

Either way, I love the G effect for the immersion and realism of being tossed around by the forces, but the laggy stepped feeling of it has made me turn it off, since every time I roll, it feels like i'm dropping frames.

Windows 10 64 Bit, i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, STRIX GTX 970, Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS