Introducing the new Logitech X56 HOTAS

LOGIRich

Since I went from the X52 to the X56 it was worthwhile but if you have the X55 I wouldn’t bother unless the guts of the X56 were upgraded.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Try Shapeways. Several other 3D printing services are available, you just need to upload plans which it looks like have been provided. :thumbup:

Is there any way that shim can be made thicker in the plans? I also don’t have access to a 3D printer nor do I know anything about how to do this.

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

The internal changes to the stick are partially listed in the OP, these were largely aimed at reducing losses from returns rather than performance improvements although they're spun as much as possible as the latter. Nothing wrong with that, increasing reliability is a win all around.

Because the changes were largely aimed at reducing warranty costs I would not move from the 55 until it died since there is little in terms of functional improvements to hang a purchase on and your already invested in it no matter what it's reliability might be.

I'm using the right thumb-stick for weapons select and the left for slewing the curser,;it's an axis that can be chosen in the axes field. I don't use the press on either as the height of the stick makes it hard to press it in without also moving one direction or another. You can get around it by putting in a large dead zone but I don't like a large dead zone. I've made the small button directly above the left as the select for the curser.

Hey, guys.

I've had my L-tech X-56 for about three months now and already the ministick on the throttle will randomly engage down (aft) causing the TDC in the Hornet (to which I have the ministick axis assigned) to rapidly descend on the display, without my input. This happens probably once out of every 12 or so times I touch the ministick. Not another wiring issue like my old X-55? Any thoughts?

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Hey, guys.

I've had my L-tech X-56 for about three months now and already the ministick on the throttle will randomly engage down (aft) causing the TDC in the Hornet (to which I have the ministick axis assigned) to rapidly descend on the display, without my input. This happens probably once out of every 12 or so times I touch the ministick. Not another wiring issue like my old X-55? Any thoughts?

Well here is my advice, RMA it, overtime it will only get worse and probably will stop working at some point. You're still in your warranty and that's what I would do without delay. :joystick:

Hey, guys.

I'll second F900EX's opinion.. RMA IT NOW!!!! Don't try to fix it because you may void the warranty.

What I've done in the past with RMA's is ask the agent if they can place a hold on my CC for the full amount of a new one, send me a new one with return shipping enclosed. I get the new one, they get the RMA'd one and once they receive it and confirm that the little axis thingie is indeed defective they keep the RMA'd one, remove the hold on your credit card and you keep the new one they sent. This allows you to never experience any down time with your setup.

I've never tried it with Logitech but I'm sure they will do it for you. Asus didn't allow this but when my motherboard failed under warranty, they confirmed with some higher ups and allowed me to do it. Even if it's not their policy, they may say yes.

Edited by Akula
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

LogiRich on RMA option

I'll second F900EX's opinion.. RMA IT NOW!!!! Don't try to fix it because you may void the warranty.

What I've done in the past with RMA's is ask the agent if they can place a hold on my CC for the full amount of a new one, send me a new one with return shipping enclosed. I get the new one, they get the RMA'd one and once they receive it and confirm that the little axis thingie is indeed defective they keep the RMA'd one, remove the hold on your credit card and you keep the new one they sent. This allows you to never experience any down time with your setup.

I've never tried it with Logitech but I'm sure they will do it for you. Asus didn't allow this but I when my motherboard failed under warranty, they confirmed with some higher ups and allowed me to do it. Even if it's not their policy, they may say yes.

That's a cool idea. LogiRICH? Is that doable according to Logitech's RMA policy?

If it turns out to be faulty, with a relatively large box item like the X56 our support will normally ask you to snip the USB cable and send a photo as proof of destruction and then send you the replacement unit.

Curious to know exactly what's happening here though. Is the axis spiking down on its own? Is it happening when you touch the mini stick? Can you replicate this behaviour in the test screens in joy.cpl?

If it turns out to be faulty, with a relatively large box item like the X56 our support will normally ask you to snip the USB cable and send a photo as proof of destruction and then send you the replacement unit.

Curious to know exactly what's happening here though. Is the axis spiking down on its own? Is it happening when you touch the mini stick? Can you replicate this behaviour in the test screens in joy.cpl?

Bummer. The snipped USB would defeat the purpose of not returning the unit while waiting for a new one wouldn't it. :-)

The axis spikes down in both scenarios, touched and not. I can replicate it in the test screen, yes.

Thanks for your response.

This doesn’t make sense to me. Doesn’t the warranty department need the defective product in hand to determine if it’s defective? How would you be able to confirm that the product is defective from the owners house?

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

The support agent will typically run through troubleshooting as part of contact so they will have been able to diagnose if there's an issue - often this involves them asking the customer to take video to show the issue.

So, whilst it doesn't achieve Wilbur81's desire to be avoid being completely without a working HOTAS, it does result in a reduced time that this would be the case as we're cutting out the shipping time back to us as well as it then being analysed.

Please do get in touch with our support though as it does sound like there's an issue with the Y axis pot in that mini stick assembly I'm afraid.

Fair enough and since LOGIRich isn’t part of the warranty dept I’d recommend Wilbur81 ask to try my suggestion anyway.tell them that once you receive the defective unit you’ll cut the USB and this way you get no downtime.

No offence to LOGIRich but the way I see it, the answer is always no until you ask and asking is free

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

Please do get in touch with our support though as it does sound like there's an issue with the Y axis pot in that mini stick assembly I'm afraid.

Thanks, LOGIRich!

Will do.

Fair enough and since LOGIRich isn’t part of the warranty dept I’d recommend Wilbur81 ask to try my suggestion anyway.tell them that once you receive the defective unit you’ll cut the USB and this way you get no downtime.

No offence to LOGIRich but the way I see it, the answer is always no until you ask and asking is free

Thanks, Akula!

I'll consider this still. :-)

i can't find nowhere the difference between x56 Rhino ( blue and black version ) and this last one black grey version.

What is the difference? I found them both on market but with completely different prices and cannot find out why.

Thank You

I returned the x56 I bought and are getting some money back, not all though but I don’t complain. If I could come with a wish Rich, I would love if Logitech released an upgraded X52 stick that is connected directly to USB by itself so it could work separately from the throttle. If nothing else is changed on the stick then that would be a day one buy.

Can I use the throttle by itself? I have a perfectly adequate Virpil joystick, but acquiring their throttle to match it is seemingly beyond impossible.

I'm hoping I can use the X56 throttle until my pre-order is delivered, then sell the complete X56.

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

Can I use the throttle by itself? I have a perfectly adequate Virpil joystick, but acquiring their throttle to match it is seemingly beyond impossible.

I'm hoping I can use the X56 throttle until my pre-order is delivered, then sell the complete X56.

I haven’t myself, but a guy on my server uses a VKB Gunfighter with the X55 throttle. Should be ok.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

More columns in

LOGIRich my good fellow.

I'm using the Logitech software for macros etc.

BUT - I only have 3 columns to program (1 for each switch position)

Can you ask the programmers to add the functionality to create more columns (I'm thinking pinky switch integration here).

I think an old version of the software had the option to add columns - and a developer somewhere replied to me asking WHY I would want more.

There you are, 3 switches, and a pinky + switch would be useful.

At present in DCS if I have a macro used I can't then use that button in game as a separate one.

Thanks, MrR.

LOGIRich my good fellow.

Can you ask the programmers to add the functionality to create more columns (I'm thinking pinky switch integration here).

I think an old version of the software had the option to add columns - and a developer somewhere replied to me asking WHY I would want more.

At present in DCS if I have a macro used I can't then use that button in game as a separate one.

Thanks, MrR.

I believe you just have to turn the selection wheel on the throttle and you have a new blank page to program.

I believe you just have to turn the selection wheel on the throttle and you have a new blank page to program.

Check out my vid. It might help you

• EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090

LOGIRich my good fellow.

Thanks, MrR.

There won't be any further updates to the software as it is I'm afraid. The plan is to integrate the HOTAS into G HUB along with all other Logitech products and then you'll have access to the G Shift function which could be assigned to the pinkie. No timescale on this yet though I'm afraid. In the meantime Akula's suggestion should get you what you need.

Gentlemen could anyone help me with a toggle switch datasheet of X56 throttle?

What a model of toggle switches installed in the X56 throttle?

i7-6700k (4.7 GHz) // RAM 32 Gb // GTX 1070 // // Windows 10 64-bit LTSB;

VKB Gunfighter Mk2 Pro + VKB MCG Pro // BRD-F1(v.2) // Oculus Rift cv1 // BRD-N(v. №4) // VKB King Cobra MkII Fat // VKB King Cobra MkIII Fat // Saitek X55 // Saitek throttle Quadrant // Microsoft FFB 2 // Saitek X45 // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog // VKB MK20-3 Pro Pedals // VKB RDRXXI-L // TrackIR 5