Best place to see an F-14?

LC34

Anyone have some good museums to check out the F-14 while we wait for it here?

If so, how close can you get? Inside cockpit views etc?

I know the ANG museum here in Minneapolis MN had one at one time, but I don't know if it is still there or not.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Have a perfect example here in my home town of Tulsa:

Hangar_One_Interior.JPG

You can even go up to the cockpit:D

Edited by Greekbull

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Iran is your best bet, though getting there might be a little tricky.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Pacific Coast Air Museum in Santa Rosa CA has one still technically operational Tomcat, as in it has its engines and equipment for flight, though it probably will need plenty spares by now. At least it was so the last time I saw it a few years back. They rotate aircraft for open displays, so check their calendar or go during an airshow or something and you can sit in her. Let me tell you, it has the best over the nose viz I have ever seen in any other aircraft I have ever been in. It fit like glove too, like it had been made for me.

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The National Naval Aviation Museum at NAS Pansacola, free to enter, has the last operational F-14. you can walk around and touch all her bits.

+1. That's the one inside, plus there's an other one on a pedestal in front of the museum. And a lot of other interesting things to see. Definitely a must go. :thumbup:

Iran is your best bet, though getting there might be a little tricky.

Not really tricky, they establish annual airshows in my hometown (and some other bases) which is the main home of Persian cats ( although for some unknown reasons the airshow was cancelled this year). there you can see the cats, f-7 s, pc-7 s, and talk to the pilots. actually, we found our pilot friends at one of this airshows. :smartass::smartass:

+1. That's the one inside, plus there's an other one on a pedestal in front of the museum. And a lot of other interesting things to see. Definitely a must go. :thumbup:

I went there quite often when I was in flight school. Touched all the pretty birds! Even got back into the storage area on the old flight line in back. More pretty birds

"Chops"

Not really tricky, they establish annual airshows in my hometown (and some other bases) which is the main home of Persian cats ( although for some unknown reasons the airshow was cancelled this year). there you can see the cats, f-7 s, pc-7 s, and talk to the pilots. actually, we found our pilot friends at one of this airshows. :smartass::smartass:

I think it was more so a comment on the current tense political climate between the US and Iran.

I've had friends visit Iran and it's been fine as long as they had a guide who wasn't up to no good..which was only once thankfully!