Track moving targets with TPOD not working after cold start

astazou

Hello guys,

I think I'm facing a bug:

When I'm doing cold start, arriving to the warzone I can't track ground moving target.

If I try to do the same selecting a Harrier already started, there is no problem, I can select and track ground moving vehicules.

I asked to some friends to do the test, they are facing the same situation:

- already started Harrier, can select ground moving vehicule

- cold start, can't select ground moving vehicules

I checked manuel and tuto video, we still have the same problem.

I can't get if we are doing something wrong or if there is a bug, but I tried everything with informations I had, so I share this points now.

Just to be sure, during cold start, yes I put INS knob on NAV or IFA, FLIR and DMT are ON. I entered 1688 for the code, the TPOD is on FLIR mod.

I stay available for any test or question

See ya and thank you

My DCS contributions:
- My mods/skins: here
- My server/missions scripts: there
- My Discord bot:
this place
If you want to thank me buying a coffee☕/beer🍺, feel free:
https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Astazou

I noticed that yesterday too. Jumped in a hot started harrier for buddylasing and could use "pt" (point track) mode so the tpod snapped to the target vehicle. After a servercrash I jumped back in a cold harrier to do the same thing and could not select "pt" only "ar" (area) mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

Great find. I reported the lack of PT capability once you slew the pod, but didn't realize it was related to a cold start.

One question: have you tried this with a warm start after adding a TPOD via the ground crew menu (as opposed to having one assigned in the default loadout)?

confirmed !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Have you tried putting the aimpoint at leading edge of moving tgt? Seems to work for me.

Just to confirm you understand the problem. You can get Point Track to work in a cold start jet?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Nope, the other way round : on a cold-started Harrier the point tracking does not work, while it does on a already-flying plane

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Nope, the other way round : on a cold-started Harrier the point tracking does not work, while it does on a already-flying plane

No I know that. Im asking Sniper175 if he can use point track on a cold start jet.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Oh sorry, my bad... So Sniper, can you ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think a solution for this only can be made by the developers but we know that theyre aware of it. Only thing for the moment which we can do is to wait for a patch which will solve the problem.

But as we are in Beta we need to live with those issues.

Thats why we have these Betas and why we can participate in these improvement programs. I know that some out there are screaming why beta blabla but not every bug or problem can be found by a small team of developers or testers. So a huge community can help better to improve such things like the TPOD problems. Better to have it like this than to have a "Final" product which needs several patches to work orderly.

• 1 month later...

Has this bug been corrected ? At work so can't test right now but Wonder if I can set the Harriers back to cold and dark in my missions.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Just tested it on a Mulitplayer Session but Cold & Dark Point mode seems still not working. Tried it via pressing the MPCD Key button nothing happens, tried it via going over moving target to catch a Point mode which wasnt working.

Further i noticed that when u take a already ENG started AC that the Point mode seems to struggle. Its switching frequently between Area and Point mode with looks kind of confusing.

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't tested but many friends told me it has been corrected in 2.5.2.

No man, the problem is still there...

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic128931_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

SO:Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:

512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM