Mirrors not rendering in the Viggen

Mitthrawnuruodo

Mirrors are not implemented due to fps reasons. HB does not like the way ED rep mirrors.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Interesting. If that is the case, why have I seen videos with mirrors that show at least a skybox? In my game there is only grey.

Because in 1.5 they did show a simple skybox, unlike in 2.5 where it is only a grey texture. I hope that's just a bug and they will bring back the skybox soon. A simple skybox is enough for me in the Viggen, but the grey textures look pretty terrible.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yea, I'd really like to have the skybox mirrors back. I miss them, and the blank textures don't exactly do any justice for the viggen's gorgeous interior. Hell, I'd like to have those skybox mirrors as an option in every plane.

Windows 10 64 Bit, i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, STRIX GTX 970, Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS

Yeah, the ideal solution is real mirrors with the option to only show the skybox.

At higher resolutions, I can't afford mirrors without sacrificing other settings. However, grey or frozen mirrors are very ugly. The skybox is an excellent compromise. Hard to notice that it isn't an actual mirror without looking closely.

I don't think I've ever spotted a bandit on my six in the mirror. After WWII, speeds are just too high for them to be useful.

Are they not planning to add real mirrors at all at some point? Or are the skybox all we get? That would be a terrible shame for a otherwise good looking cockpit. I would like the option to run the real ones at least.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Dom är planerade, till när är dock frågan.

Translation:

They are planned, but till when is the question.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Dom är planerade, till när är dock frågan.

Translation:

They are planned, but till when is the question.

Since this issue was discussed many times, please find links to the other threads here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=200605

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181638

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1