AndrewMCP's LOCKON Movie Tornado Precision Strike

I haven't tested it, but it should be ok.

Just downloaded and watched it. It works fine, thanks a lot!

Nice movie too, even though it doesn't quite match the production quality of GA's movies. They did a good job with the music matching the impacts and the siren scene afterwards though. Good stuff! +rep

They really should have used EF2000s though. ;)

Just downloaded and watched it. It works fine, thanks a lot!

Nice movie too, even though it doesn't quite match the production quality of GA's movies. They did a good job with the music matching the impacts and the siren scene afterwards though. Good stuff! +rep

They really should have used EF2000s though. ;)

It's the best LOMAC movie I've seen IMO, and it's not "they", it was done by the that guy you've quoted:)

6700K | ASUS Z170 | 32GB RAM | GTX 680 | 850EVO

It's the best LOMAC movie I've seen IMO

It's very good, no doubt. What I meant was a few minor details. Camera pans, the mouse cursor in one google earth scene and such. Still, I really enjoyed it and I will keep it. ;)

it's not "they", it was done by the that guy you've quoted:)

Whoa, shame on me for not noticing. :blush:

It's very good, no doubt. What I meant was a few minor details. Camera pans, the mouse cursor in one google earth scene and such.

There's always a trade-off with movies. If I re-shot scenes repeatedly until I got them perfect (or as near as possible given the limitations of LOMAC, Fraps, and my PC), movies like that would take me 600 hours instead of more like 300. Actually 300's probably very conservative. Designng the mission alone for that movie took me probably 20 hours of flying and tweaking to get the AI to do what I wanted, and that's the easy part! :-)

GA's movies tend not to require that kind of design effort. His expertise is in the editing department, and there he's the undisputed master.

Personally I'm more in awe of the Bill & John movies though. Those movies have everything I aspire to... from technical quality to plot details. I've no idea how they manage to get it all right and stay sane! I swear they have a team of cheap Asian workers doing the leg work for them in a movie sweatshop somewhere. :-)

http://billetjohn.free.fr/

Andrew McP

• Like 1

Actually I quite liked the movie, and made me wish they would either redo (never flew the original so I really don't know but I heard great reviews) the original or of course be in LOMAC, so it was cool :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Execution is a more a matter of practice and available time. :)

I'm more aware than most of every little flaw in each of the... er, 11 (jeez, get a life Andrew!) movies I've made. That's why I nearly always delete all the source files as soon as I decide to release something. Otherwise I'm tempted to go back and tweak things endlessly. But there's more to life than LOMAC movies (so they tell me) and I make so many mistakes I'd be editing forever.

The way I look on it, we've got people like GA producing "fast food" movies. When you want a movie Big Mac, nothing else will do, and the experience is always satisfying... for about half an hour. Then you want another one. :-)

Then you've got people like me providing something with a bit more substance... a scruffy British transport cafe serving all day breakfasts on dirty plates. You might get food poisoning, but who cares because the food's good and lasts you until supper time (depending on the length of the credits).

Finally you've got the Bill et John team who are out there in a class of their own, serving the finest movie haute cuisine on exquisite porcelain from a riverside balcony overlooking la Tour d'Eiffel. You might not eat there very often, but the memory stays with you forever.

There's a time and a place for everything. Just don't forget to tip the waiter wherever you dine, otherwise next time they might spit in your movie soup. :-)

Andrew McP

• Like 1