One wish from ED

first i want to thank ED for this great game

i just want 1 thing from ED to do in black shark:

why dont you make Lock on Moddable Like fsx?

in fsx we see a lot of new aircrafts but in lock on we see only new skins:(

i know its very hard to make the AFM but let the modders try there best

so please ED try to Make Black Shark Moddable :thumbup:

ED will not do that. We don't need everyone and their grandma making an X-Wing for lock-on.

Besides, they probably make money out of adding flyables, you know ... so why would they give this up?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

True. And i dont really need any more right now. i'm happy with my Flanker. (An F/A-18 would be nice, but the reason for that has already been beaten to death)

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

This topic has been hit on before, but I must agree with Aeroscout. I would love to see some outside modability for Lock On. I really believe that it would make the game flourish. There are a lot of talented people out there with real skill. Granted, ED wont make a profit (the reason they will never release the source) but I think you would see a lot of talent exercised. ED hasn't even modeled these flyable to the utmost realism, so why not let the general public have a hand at it? Answer: A buck can't be made. Purely my opinion though.

Hellcat

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

Thats not exactaly what I was getting at. I was saying that we should be happy with what we have, rather than making out own mods with totaly inaccurate FMs.

It would be cool to make your own aircraft, kinda like X-plane, but ED doesn't gain. Lastly, I dont think we, as the general public, could make anything accurate enough. Some of us work arround aircraft, but to make a nwe entirely fuctional plane built from scratch woulf be a little much. This is posible in MSFS because they dont have weapons modeled. Lockon, however, does.

EDIT: GGTharos got there first, but that's exactaly my point. the general public will not do nearly as well.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Actually ED has been moving toward more user access since the introduction of LUA scripts into the code. This has been a conscious effort on their part and will only grow with time. Although Black Shark will increase LUA access even more, there are still general limitations arising from the Lock On engine. In future projects, a more open architecture will be a design goal from the beginning.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Ok, that's cool. Better start learning some programing. lol

What makes you think the 'general public' will do any better with realism?

My point was; you cant use realism as a factor for not allowing public modifications when the stock aircraft arn't exactly modelled perfectly themselves. I hear that "X-wing" excuse all the time. Granted, I would hope some limitations would be enforced (especially online) concerning player modded aircaft. Using the false dilemma argument that all we will see is extreme unrealism is a bit far flung. I believe that the community would have enough respect for the title not to accept sub-standard modifications. We could see some very revolutionary ideas if the fanbase had the ability to tweak the game a bit more than it currently does. I am glad that ED is moving in this direction, but I still feel that there is a bit more to be desired. I still love the game though.

Hellcat

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

Like, MiG-31 fan making a MiG-31 that you can't notch, with missiles that can do 30g maneuvers when they shouldn't?

People WILL do things if they CAN. It is an unfortunate truth. And yeah, the 'X-Wing' excuse is common because IT HAPPENS.

Even now people cheat - for whatever reasons - putting AIM-54C's or MICA's or R-77's on aircraft they're not supposed to.

You want to give them -more- ammunition?

Your argument isn't quite solid, either. As seen in Black Shark, ED is striving for as much realism as possible. They did say in the Russian forums they plan to touch up the existing flyables also, eventually - it will take time, but it will be done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

People dont realize that there are already SIM's in the market that will allow them to win with their favourite aircraft. Then LOMAC is not for them.

It kinda Irks me when people come over whine to get this SIM up to arcadish standards when theres already widely avaiable-unfortunatly- arcade games arround that will satisfy them so they can get the satisfaction regardless of skill and realism.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Heh some of you are so pessimistic! yes people will use it to cheat but then kick them - this community is small word spreads fast of cheaters.

For the few disadvantages there are plenty of advantages - besides the 'general public' can be realistic - look at some of the models released! and whos to say a pilot will help a programmer develop a new AFM? could happen as there are people who I wouldn't class general public in this forum

going kinda OT

...there are people who I wouldn't class general public in this forum

Speaking in general terms about gaming, the real "hard core" players are those who (activley) participate in online (game) forums. The General Public-gamer seldom visits a forum let alone post anything, they play the game and thats it.

But on forums the real dedicated folks interact with each other.

In present times a official forum is a great way for the devleoper of a game to stay in contact with their fanbase. its a great source of information about what people (dont) want etc etc. Besides, the great talents which can make models usually hangs out at forums like this one. Its a great place to have all talent on 1 centralized location.

With that said in all probability sum1 from ED is regularly keeping an eye on the forum to take note about the whishes from the community.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

You realize what you ask, probably needs a lot of the game re-written....

And what files would you check? If they are player mod-able the mods people have would be different, and would be unable to know what to check.

I dont see it happening for a combat flight sim. It takes too much time to make a plane and all of its systems, and what we would get from the community would not be up to par on what the game developer can do.

Sure you can talk about FSX, but how do you know how accurate that FM is? Does it have radar? Or any of the other systems. Last time I checked, someone made a F-18 mod for it, and they charge.

...who I wouldn't class general public in this forum

I'd consiter my self "general public" I dont work on air craft or any thin like that abut i'm still a hard core simmer. It's not fair to generalize like that.

A similar thread is over here http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=20739

I read that one already. Hers what i think. He was new to the fourm and thus didnt know that that topic had already been discussed at length many times. it's not his fault he didnt know and you went a little hard on him. And i can understand his point. there are more russian aircraft modeled than american, so he was wondering if there were more american ones comming, just as all of us wondered when we first picked up the game.

One: A great model does not equal a great FM, great avionics, or great weapons modeling

Two: Cheaters always find ways to come back

Three: File checking has been done. It failed. OFP, anyone?

I'd be fine if ED released something allowing people to construct aircraft with FM's etc, and then they would include those in an official release, if they passed. But I doubt ED would wish to do this: Checking the details of an FM, the avionics, and so on and so forth is VERY time consuming.

We learned this with the Ka-50 already. It takes a relatively hefty team of people to implement aircraft properly, with all the features.

If you want something that DOESN't have all the features, if you -can- live with that, there's always Jane's USAF.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ya, i agree.

So many wishes, so many competent lomac flyers. Remember BS was supposed to be out last spring if I recall correctly. I’ve been patient enough and will wait some more. Until it’s done is the word, and will wait accordingly. But reckon keeping wishing, might get ED attentions. You never know. Just bring the aim120 up to par. And let the battle sort it out … well that is one my wishes, lets be realistic since this is the aim or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow ;)

Keep up the good work all, ED and Beta testers. Until then will fight with less efficient missiles... Will work with it...

Before they make more aircraft, I think they shoulf improve the current aircraft. like Kindred saud, improve the AIM-120. The F-15 could use some improvement too.

there are simple ways to stop the cheaters:

1-mods cant be played online

2-main aircrafts [mig-29 ,su-27.......] cant be edited

3-checking files before joining

4-about making money you can make some limitations to modding

[cant make more than 4 aircrafts , cant make new missiles , the damege of the missiles cant be edited ]

i know all of these mean that the game needs to be reworked again and will take a lot of time but its all my wish really , its really boring to have only limited number of aircarfts

Look, Right now it's fine the way it is. My only wish would to be able to make your own cockpits.

I'd consiter my self "general public" I dont work on air craft or any thin like that abut i'm still a hard core simmer. It's not fair to generalize like that.

Either I misunderstood you or vice versa but I wasn't trying to generalise, I was pointing out the fact that not everyone here does fall under the category of 'general public' and that some do have particular knowledge of what is realistic, e.g. military figures, engineers, etc.

Sorry if it seemed I generalised you.

One: A great model does not equal a great FM, great avionics, or great weapons modeling

Two: Cheaters always find ways to come back

Three: File checking has been done. It failed. OFP, anyone?

I'd be fine if ED released something allowing people to construct aircraft with FM's etc, and then they would include those in an official release, if they passed. But I doubt ED would wish to do this: Checking the details of an FM, the avionics, and so on and so forth is VERY time consuming.

We learned this with the Ka-50 already. It takes a relatively hefty team of people to implement aircraft properly, with all the features.

If you want something that DOESN't have all the features, if you -can- live with that, there's always Jane's USAF.

I can understand what you mean.And in a good part of what you say,you are right.

There is a difference of course when it comes to Jane's USAF;the game had stopped being supported by the company that created it and so it was only up to the fans of the game to keep it alive.And quite frankly they did more than that!They improved it in every way possible!

On the other hand ED is still alive and kicking and has every right to do whatever they want with their game and have good reasons for it too.I totally respect that.

But maybe when it comes to modifying the game the best solution would be for ED to take suggestions/requests from the fans of the game and realize them if possible.Another (maybe not so good way) would be to let people who manage to modify the game come in touch with you and if you like their modification,and feel it is close to your 'reality/standards' you can endorse it.As long of course they do it not for the money but for the sheer fun of it.

Fighter pilots make movies.Bomber pilots make history!

You can fool some people all the time,all the people sometimes,but you can't fool all the people all the time!