Still crashing on exiting to desktop

imacken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As posted above, I have had this Crash on Exit from the game for almost a year in the Stock, Beta, and Alpha versions.

With this last update it seems to have been fixed. I've waited a few days for testing because I didn't believe it. But it does seem to be fixed. Not sure if the game was fixed, or an update on some software(AV/FW) or the big (April) Windows Update that was installed the day before the DCS update or what.. But it's not crashing on exit finally..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

DCS always creates a dcs.log

But if it is crashing and not producing a .crash you can take a look at windows event viewer for clues

Personally I am not seeing a crash on exit, I know VR users were experiencing it

No sir, it does not... the log is only created if an exception handler traps the fault. There have already been reported incidents where log files etcetera are not created

As posted above, I have had this Crash on Exit from the game for almost a year in the Stock, Beta, and Alpha versions.

With this last update it seems to have been fixed. I've waited a few days for testing because I didn't believe it. But it does seem to be fixed. Not sure if the game was fixed, or an update on some software(AV/FW) or the big (April) Windows Update that was installed the day before the DCS update or what.. But it's not crashing on exit finally..

Same here!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

These crashes from my experiences and reading the numerous post are very random. What is strange is that say you delete the shaders the game will not crash. It will be noted in the post. Then soon enough DCS will crash again. So you update your vid drivers. Again, the game will run fine and you think it is fixed until C R A S H. A simple reboot, creating a mission from scratch, changing a setting, ANY CHANGES seems to "fix" the crashing and then out of the blue it crashes.

I have lost count of how many times I have thought I found the issue. Changing virtual memory settings, a graphic setting, changing planes. DCS will load and right as you are certain the issue is solved it crashes. In my case it instantly crashes to desktop. This one is above my head.