Rift going to standby.

Quadg

does anyone else's rift go to standby occasionally when trying to start DCS 2.5?

it does not happen every time i start.

what happens is it turns on for the loading screen with the hangar so i can see the mig 29.

but when it gets to the main menu the rift goes to standby. and i can hear the main menu music.

if i take the rift off, the repeat on the 2d screen is still running and showing the rift moving etc.

restarting the oculus service does not fix it.

but rebooting does. it works fine straight after a reboot.

anyway, it has only started with 2.5 and it only happens at the main menu.

i don't run oculus home or the tray tool when playing dcs.

i have updated my video drivers to the latest.

and reinstalling oculus has not fixed it.

my sensors and everything are okay.

its strange that it only happens in this one specific place, and i can guarantee it happening if i leave my rig on for hours.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Sounds like a bug if it's reproducible. But you should check your USB or try a different one. Also, check the power settings on usb if you haven't already

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/930312/the-allow-the-computer-to-turn-off-this-device-to-save-power-power-man

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Reinstall oculus software.

I had some troubles from one day to another. I thought what????

Some member said reinstall the oculus software.. all went well after that. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

i have juggled all the usb ports for the sensors and HMD to force windows to identify and reload drivers.

seems to have fixed it , ill see how it goes over the weekend.

i should have done this first but my USB are hard to get too :)

too many things getting updates over the new year :)

JIMJAM, if it does happen again ill try the hardware scan.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I don’t use oculus software make it an admin to run permission and start dcs as a regular user then oculus doesn’t run and you don’t have to deal with it at all. When you go in 2.5 go to France and enable vr if you haven’t it will restart and once your positive dcs is loading don the rift hmd and go flying use a second shortcut for non vr loading for mission editing or seting up new hardware. So that’s it

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Someone said on the oculus forums that’s it’s the latest Nvidia drivers. I’m going to roll back tonight to see if that is indeed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem as you are experiencing and determined it to be caused by the NVIDIA driver upgrade. The driver for my GEForce Armor 1070, latest Windows patch and Oculus were in conflict.

I couldn't find a driver for my gpu so contacted their live chat and asked for a link for the previous version. When installing an earlier version you will be asked if you want Express or Advanced install. Choose Advanced and click on the box for replacing the current v with the older one. I'd also recommend not installing the GEForce Experience as this has been an issue for others I see in the forums.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

Someone said on the oculus forums that’s it’s the latest Nvidia drivers. I’m going to roll back tonight to see if that is indeed the problem.

What has been happening with the last two versions of Nvidia drivers, is the Headset - after using Oculus Home and closing Oculus Home, oftentimes will not release. You can see the light in the headset remains white, instead of turning to amber ( standby).

Then, if it is that way, next time you put on the headset you will get no display in the headset. Only way around it is to either reboot the PC, which stops the Oculus Service and then starts it again on boot up.

Or, using Oculus Tray Tool, you can stop the service until you see the headset does go into standby ( usually will hear a sound and the light will turn to amber), and then start the service again with the Oculus Tray Tool.

I am running the latest Nvidia drivers, and I use the Oculus Tray Tool stop and then start service method when mine does that. Gets control back into the Rift each time.

I know Oculus is aware and are supposedly working on it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What has been happening with the last two versions of Nvidia drivers, is the Headset - after using Oculus Home and closing Oculus Home, oftentimes will not release. You can see the light in the headset remains white, instead of turning to amber ( standby).

Then, if it is that way, next time you put on the headset you will get no display in the headset. Only way around it is to either reboot the PC, which stops the Oculus Service and then starts it again on boot up.

Or, using Oculus Tray Tool, you can stop the service until you see the headset does go into standby ( usually will hear a sound and the light will turn to amber), and then start the service again with the Oculus Tray Tool.

I am running the latest Nvidia drivers, and I use the Oculus Tray Tool stop and then start service method when mine does that. Gets control back into the Rift each time.

I know Oculus is aware and are supposedly working on it.

Ran into this issue yesterday. Just rebooted the PC and it was alright after that. I've had the new drivers for some time now.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Just had mine fall over. However, at least I've identified why this time.

Turned out that I had automatic updates ticked, which was allowing Oculus to update it's software whenever it felt like it. Lovely.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

if you have rift and are having problems, Oculus Support Center says

If you are using an Nvidia GPU and currently experiencing display or performance issues with your Oculus Rift, please make sure you're using driver version 388.59. Later versions may cause compatibility issues with Oculus software.

https://support.oculus.com/

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Just had mine fall over. However, at least I've identified why this time.

Turned out that I had automatic updates ticked, which was allowing Oculus to update it's software whenever it felt like it. Lovely.

Pretty sure Oculus is going to update each time they roll out release updates. Not much you can do about that, they usually roll out staggered over a few days time when they do.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

if you have rift and are having problems, Oculus Support Center says

If you are using an Nvidia GPU and currently experiencing display or performance issues with your Oculus Rift, please make sure you're using driver version 388.59. Later versions may cause compatibility issues with Oculus software.

https://support.oculus.com/

If you only mainly play dcs with the occulus that seems fine but the newer drivers have fixes and optimizations for other games as well. Hopefully they fix it via their firmware soon.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz