Trimming behaviour

Mr_Burns

Hi,

Was conscious of not taking the breaking up thread off topic but is the trim function final or temporary?

I find missions start out with a poorly trimmed aircraft, usually in a nose dive. Correcting it using only nose up causes it to roll slightly.

Also, the trim is super sensitive, like i tap it left to stop it rolling right and it rolls left.

Is it possible that it is too sensitive?

I understand when a missile/bomb is dropped or you have an unbalanced load out, it would just be nicer to have a larger dead spot.

What kind of load are you using? I experience sensitive trimming in all fixed-wing aircraft in DCS. It seems nearly impossible to trim anything to the point where you can take your hand off the stick.

The nose down attitude I really only experience on takeoffs, and that's with trim set 2°ND as per NATOPS.

What kind of load are you using? I experience sensitive trimming in all fixed-wing aircraft in DCS. It seems nearly impossible to trim anything to the point where you can take your hand off the stick.

The nose down attitude I really only experience on takeoffs, and that's with trim set 2°ND as per NATOPS.

Whatever loadout the mission selects, if I ramp start its not so much of an issue except if a roll creeps in.

I was able to trim the A-10C much easier than the Harrier to the point I could pretty much take my hand off the stick, that said, I have never flown a real plane.

Perhaps the Autopilot (is there one?) will make it much easier.

Hi there,

sorry for the silly question, but what 2°ND trim means and which instrument in the harrier cockpit shows you this trim? one of the two Trim Position Indicators?

Thanks!

ND stands for Nose Down. Either on the trim indicator above the right MPCD or in the ENG page. I noticed there's a bit of a lag between the analog trim indicator and the ENG page...it's possible to have 1° difference between the two. I don't know which one is more accurate.

Not to mention the indicator should display tenths decimal values. As seen in the NATOPS 2-20 (p. 98 in PDF) there's an image of the MPCD engine page with "STAB POS 2.2°↓" on the display. Such, the indicator would actually be of use.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

yeah i also have issues getting a perfect trim to be able to sustain a level forward flight, hope this gets sorted soon or the Autopilot is released as if heads down in the pit, its very difficult to be honest

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist