1.5.8 to 2.5 update today?

As above. Really just want one version on the computer now.

Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

You can update stable 1.5.8 to 2.5 already by opening a command window from the DCS bin folder and running

DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.0.13818@openbeta

when can we update 2.2 open alpha to 2.5 ? there was something about "one or two weeks after the open beta version ...

do we already know if 1 week or more ? i cant wait for 2.5 stable ! it looks so beautiful

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

They say something like when they are OK with the beta version they will put the stable out, I don't want to be pessimistic but with the last memory leak bug it's better to everyone to be patient and let them fix it correctly and putting a nice and clean version of 2.5, in actual state multi-player is almost unplayable for a lot of people. They are hard working on it so wait and see :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

Patience is avirtue

They say something like when they are OK with the beta version they will put the stable out, I don't want to be pessimistic but with the last memory leak bug it's better to everyone to be patient and let them fix it correctly and putting a nice and clean version of 2.5, in actual state multi-player is almost unplayable for a lot of people. They are hard working on it so wait and see :thumbup:

And that's exactly why I haven't touched it yet..

wink.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

when can we update 2.2 open beta to 2.5 ?

Since Tuesday last week.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Since Tuesday last week.

are you sure about that ?

I think the update logic is:

1.5. X open beta ---> update to 2.5 open beta ( now possible)

once 2.5 stable is available:

2.2 ---> update to 2.5 Stable !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

• ED Team

Quote from Wags below

The team is working very hard to bring 2.5 OB to final release. We have been reading all the feedback and striving to address all valid issues. The biggest one we are focused on is memory management. Less than a week after the 2.5 OB release, we released a hot fix today.

We don't want to paint ourselves in a corner and provide a 2.5 stable release date as there are too many unknowns regarding fixing some of the identified issues.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

are you sure about that ?

I think the update logic is:

1.5. X open beta ---> update to 2.5 open beta ( now possible)

once 2.5 stable is available:

2.2 ---> update to 2.5 Stable !

I am sure. You can use the DCS updater with DCS_Updater update @openbeta to manually update every version to 2.5 OB.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am sure. You can use the DCS updater with DCS_updater update @openbeta to manually update every version to 2.5 OB.

Ok thx, well, question: once I manually pushed DCS 2.2 OA to update to 2.5 OB:

will I also be able to jump from 2.5 OB to 2.5 stable once 2.5 stable is out ? So can the 2.5 OB technically be transferred into the 2.5 stable version or will these two always be two separate Versions ?

Edited by JABO2009

Ok thx, well, question: once I manually pushed 2.2 to update to 2.5 OB:

will I also be able to update the 2.5 OB to 2.5 stable once ist out?

Yes, with this command: DCS_Updater.exe update @release

More info here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I only have one DCS installation on my computer for many years now and switch between OB and Stable all the time, depending on what I prefer at the time.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I was waiting for 2.5 stable but just wanted to try 2.5 now, so I've installed 2.5 openbeta next to 1.5.8 stable. I've made just a simple flight over caucasus in autumn with L-39C, and it seems to me very good graphics: now flying low makes you feel exactly like you're flying... well... low! That big amount of trees really helps, and it is even smoother than 1.5.8 stable keeping the same graphics settings (i.e. predefined vr setting + cockpit res set to high). I've tried without msaa since I've read that msaa + deferred shading still generates artifacts, but 2.5 openbeta is fully usable. I don't know multiplayer, not tested yet, but if it still has problems, well, I've got my 1.5.8 stable untouched that can be launched at any time I want. My final will is to keep just one version installed, so maybe I'll uninstall the openbeta when 2.5 stable will be out, but now I can patiently wait since I can fly 2.5 just now!

I just got the mig 21 and it seems broken when i try to put the gear up i have to go preety fast for them to go up and when landing i have to put them down then up and down again for them to go down also when i land and i crash the plane just goes under ground about half of it seems broken that was on the new map and on nevada map the from wheel sometimes goes 1/4 under ground.

I am still waiting for the release version. I just hope the reported bugs get sorted out quickly.

Not lightly, last time we struggled with a memory leak (when 1.2 was released) it took several weeks if not months if I remember correctly.

Not lightly, last time we struggled with a memory leak (when 1.2 was released) it took several weeks if not months if I remember correctly.

Thanks to all those people who have installed and tested the beta version and reported the bugs...so that at the end of the day, we can have a stable bug free version. I would say ED take your time. Greatness doesnt come easily.

Just downloaded the latest 2.5 update for steam and now my monitor has gone nuts. DCS loads but then my monitor flashes and goes black followed by a no signal banner back to dcs. It continues this cycle until I can get my mouse over the exit when DCS is back. 2.5 ran fine before the patch. I have a gtx 1070 card and new acer monitor.

Just downloaded the latest 2.5 update for steam and now my monitor has gone nuts. DCS loads but then my monitor flashes and goes black followed by a no signal banner back to dcs. It continues this cycle until I can get my mouse over the exit when DCS is back. 2.5 ran fine before the patch. I have a gtx 1070 card and new acer monitor.

Rename the "DCS.openBeta" folder in Saved Games to "DCS.openBeta.fail" and try again.