Any saitek HOTAS worth it?

Hi everyone!

I just broke my credit cards FINALLY steping out of the hardware crawling ive been my whole life (always upgrading by bits and bits) and bought a whole new PC. hope it will last a bit longer than usual

so now, the only thing i need to be on my sause its to have a HOTAS. im using an SAITEK CYBORG FLY 5. and its utter damn shiet IMO. so inaccurate, sloppy, clunky, its has like a hard deadzone on the center so when i put some force to move it, its ends moving a lot couse it was applying resistance before start moving and when it looses, bang.

in the other hand, my country is expensive af, a warthog HOTAS its around U$D 871.79...

and Saitek X52 U$D 405.12 and ... x56 for u$d 502.56

Joystick Pc T16000 Fcs Hotas Thrustmaster u$d 328

Cant believe i can get only these piece of plastics for so much money...

with this prices im far from getting propper rudder pedals so i think a stick with wrist twist could help?

what do u think?? are these saitek x52/56 worth all that money? should i stay away from flight simming?

edit: just in a irrelevant side note, my gf traveled to Miami 2 months ago and she didnt bring anything... unbelievable. i might broke with her.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

There's somewhere close to an obnoxious amount of threads on this topic but if I were to sum it up:

All sticks have problems, people like myself have used Saitek equipment for years with no issues, others have had if fall apart in short order.

The same can be said for TM products. I currently use TM and have had no issues but others have had problems straight out of the box.

If you want to spend the money go with the higher end VKB or similar products but you will certainly spend a good chunk of money. It may be that you will never spend it again so players gamble.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Gladman

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

thanks gladman, sadly no VKB or that kind of brands on my country. ppl here only imports mainstream brands like saitek or TM. no more options here.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

I waited and waited and finally got the TM Warthog and its the best money I ever spent. QUALITY and you can never have enough buttons in DCS.

That said I have retired my X-52 but of all my purchases it's probably the one thing I really got my moneys worth out of. Lets see I used it HARD for FS9, FSX, for a good 10 years. Dropped the stick on a hardwood floor and bought another X-52 Hotas without blinking.

Now at least 15+ years STILL using the original throttle with the new stick. The new throttle sits in a box never used.

The pedals are also tough and lasted me 10+ years of HARD heli usage.

I can easily recommend the X-52 which imo is the best value there is. I cannot speak on the newer Saitek but I cannot think of anything not just joysticks that have improved from things made a decade ago.

Edited by JIMJAM

thanks gladman, sadly no VKB or that kind of brands on my country. ppl here only imports mainstream brands like saitek or TM. no more options here.

I imported the MFG Crosswinds from Czech to Canada. Unless there is some sort of trade issue I would consider it a viable option. Shipping can be pricey but in the long run you may be better off.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I have use thrustmaster, Saitek and VKB plus Pro Flight Trainer’s Puma Helicopter controls since the 90s. TM was always better quality but more exspensive, more than CH and abouttwice the price of Saitek. I have many Saitek pieces now but I bought the x-56 on a preorder then turned around and bought a vkb gladiator while waiting on it . I’m thinking of buying the gf2mcg from vkb this spring/summer especially if they bundle with their new throttle . I’ve go;t my x-56 up for sale cheap as I’ve not had good luck trying to use it. Plus I love the vkb pedals.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Saitek X52 U$D 405.12 and ... x56 for u$d 502.56

ppl here only imports mainstream brands like saitek or TM. no more options here.

Instead pay that prices in Saitek, why you don't import an VKB/VPC... yourself, or is forbidden individuals do this there?

Probable ending cost more, but you are getting better mechanics, electronics and even after sales support.

If your not able to get vkb my choice would be tm, Ch then Saitek

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

sadly cant import as individual, got a page here that does it for us (like an amazon with shipping and everything to your door) but it cost more than buying it here lol. like more than $1000 the warthog hotas.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

You probably can't get it but the X65F is awesome.

Yeah, I'll second that, a shame it's OOP as it was their best stick and the force-sensing worked pretty well for me (love the instant centering when you release the stick compared with e.g. a TM Cougar with the NXT gimbal).

I did also use the Saitek X-36 USB when it came out ages ago and that one was pretty good for the time and the price. X52 Pro was a decent stick, IMHO; my main gripe was that they cheaped out on the potentiometers (they were spiking) and the pointing stick (which was off center by default); both needed generous deadzones added to be usable. Haven't tried the X56/X65 which were like cheaper versions of the X65f design which I already bought used so it made no sense to get them.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Just being curious: where you´re coming from that the prices for equipment are that high? 400+ USD for Saitek stuff isn´t normal.

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

Well Ill have a X65F that Ill dont use, can ship anywhere more or less ;)

probably will get restricted on the customs and ill never get to see it lol.

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10