Enemy Within AI Collide

Don't know if it's 2.5 or the campaign itself. Probably 2.5, but second element AI collide, crash and burn in the pattern during the first mission. Formation was extremely close the whole arrival.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I think I've witnessed similar behavior in 1.5.

Like BD says, it's the AI being AI. :(

On the up-side, the mission doesn't take this into account, so there's no punishment to the player or the score when that happens. Basically, it's bad for immersion, but doesn't stop the campaign from progressing. :thumbup:

Here's to hoping this is one of the items ED can now focus on.

For me the problem is more serious, since the second flight flies into ME every single time I try to fly this mission. Is there any way to just skip it?

Can't you order them to anchor far away from the airfield?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Can't you order them to anchor far away from the airfield?

These are not part of the player's group (as far as I understand it), and so the player can't order them to do anything.

My experience says the player's wingmen tend to keep station fairly well, while the second flight sometimes does some funky stuff, though I've never had them crash into me.

Hey guys, I have updated the mission, the transition between formations is much smoother now. I wasn't able to reproduce the crash, but now the AI airplanes do not cross player's flight path. I also changed the load out a bit (travel pods are now further apart). And updated formatiion in which second group is flying. Will be added to the next update!

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

I still see the same thing. Very first mission (the one when the air group deploys to Georgia). Number 3 and 4 collide in the pattern every time.

OS: Windows 10 64-bit | CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.2GHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders 11GB | RAM: G-Skill 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3600MHz | SSD: 480gb Corsair HyperX | MoBo: EVGA Z270 Stinger | Oculus Rift | HOTAS Warthog