What F15 Variant is this?

Chudson1

Hey Little back story, this bad dawg was parked at the London, Ontario Airport September 2016, the canopy was open and the Yanks were kind enough to let the Cannucks climb up and take some pics.

This F-15 had the JZ from the Louisiana Air national Guard (I Think) anyway when I climbed up the ladder I snapped a few photos of the pit and noticed the right side of the cockpit had a more advanced avionics panel then the DCS F-15 just wondering if anyone knew what this panel would include, ( I assume some engine gauge info as it is in the same spot as the engine temp, rpm etc)

Also, I asked the pilots they confirmed it was still APG 63 Radar.

IMG_3693.thumb.JPG.202a9cc20f4412c0a82f8293a43c1dab.JPG

IMG_3694.thumb.JPG.7ee7c2a9c31fe9b25a5dea571d38e938.JPG

IMG_3697.thumb.JPG.36bdeb0dd59880891628fde7ef1d4ea0.JPG

IMG_3698.thumb.JPG.ed645bd8b69b2040c36f0561d85cb82d.JPG

IMG_3695.thumb.JPG.c6755aae04463494ea3c64ec1494006a.JPG

IMG_3696.thumb.JPG.322aad4b218e41efb9ea101a33642921.JPG

Edited by Chudson1

If you have a picture of the tail number it would be a lot easier to tell which specific version it is. JZ tail code is for the 159th FW

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

It's an F-15C with a new display.

Edit: And yeah, the newer radars are still designated APG-63...It's the v3 version they're running now. AESA. (There's also a v2 which is AESA and good too...I *think* 44th FS has those, if they haven't swapped them for the v3...)

Edited by Sweep
stuff about radar

Lord of Salt

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of it.

You did, look at the last picture of the cockpit

It is 80509

78-0509 F-15C 159th FW Louisiana ANG

https://farm1.static.flickr.com/757/23657042615_707cb789bf_b.jpg

Now we need to see if we find any specifics on 78-0509, 159th FW F-15C

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Looks like a C model to me. LA ANG serial numbers range from 78-# to 85-# which would be consistent with the F-15C production years.

System Specs: i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz 1.35V HT Off|Asus Maximus XI|Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti|G.Skill Trident Z 64GB DDR4 3200MHz C14|Samsung 2TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (DCS)|Samsung 1TB 960 Pro M.2 SSD (Win 10)|Corsair HX850i|Custom Loop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Golden Eagle upgrade :)

Hey Little back story, this bad dawg was parked at the London, Ontario Airport September 2016, the canopy was open and the Yanks were kind enough to let the Cannucks climb up and take some pics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That is not a TEWS panel. That is a complete replacement of several instruments, including the RWR and TEWS panels. It probably replaces the majority of the MPCD functionality as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I sat in an F-15C in about 1981. The rear area behind the pilot was all electronics and computer panels. I am almost sure it's the same variant. It was stationed in Germany, but was from a visiting squad.. I was in the 86th Wing. We still had the F-4 Phantom and had the ZULU front line protection which was a 15 minute flight to the Eastern Border back then.

f15_2.jpg.393a9cd51d0c2d7b35c919ed0be9f971.jpg

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Front line aircraft get all kinds of new stuff over their life span. I'm sure those panels can do things we're not supposed to know about.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 1 month later...

There are multiple mods there most definalety will have a V3, without seeing rest of jet she probably went thru part of golden eagle program, but that depends on airframe,hours, over g all sorts of stuff, but it could be a MSIP jet, doubt a MSIP II jet though. But lots of A/C been changing around lately. Like my second jet was scheduled for GLD Eagle. But went to the yard after getting to Warner Robbins. And I ended up getting a MSIP from Langley so 159th could be a combo just like Florida 125th was. Before getting most of Hawaii's C models. Not knocking my fellow LT grey guys but at 173rd we got more updated A/C because of us being the school house and a DACT partner for overseas. Easy identifier is the nose if you see the 2 bumps on the nose and an updated tail it is a MSIP jet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn good catch on the tail number I finally found the reference but it wasn’t easy.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I worked on f-15 c-e models in anchorage and a&b models at Holloman as a sheet metal tech in am I remember doing a mod in the cockpit that was the most I spent in one I hated working in the pit tight fit and if you drop anything you must find it and that’s is usually hard to see it and harder to retrieve it. I remember one tdy in late sep early oct we were at shymia for a jtfe and they found a pop rivet on the lt intake beak I went out was drilling the rest of the rivet out the wind was blowing so hard it was raining, sweating and snowing sideways. I try to use both hands on the hand drill everytime I grab the drill with both hands I would start sliding backwards down the intake and fuselage. I ended up using my socket of my shoulder for the top of the drill and holding on with my left hand and turning the drill with my right. That was the most scared I was since the time the ladder fell under me while working on the glove area of a f111 wing hanging 6ft up .that was 6ft between my feet and the ground with me hanging like a monkey by my hands.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 2 months later...