Can't join multiplayer 2.5 stuck in loading or lobby or black cockpit

Jaakov

Same issue here.

Have removed the logs, nothing.

Have waited and not clicked for hours. Nothing.

Please fix, I really want to play MP L:mad:

Running:

ASUS ROG Strix z370-I gaming

Intel 8600k

16GB Gskill ripjaws

Samsung SSD

Asus GTX1080TI turbo

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same problem for me.

Strange that I can access to the JustDogfight server (94.130.23.93:10308) but not to other servers, stay on loading page and the comes back to an empty page of servers.

I also did a reset of my router in case, but no change

Win 10 | i7 8700 Coffee Lake OC @ 4.9Ghz | 32Go Ram | 1080Ti | DCS on SSD | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Rudder | TrackIr 5 Pro

Same problem for me.

Strange that I can access to the JustDogfight server (94.130.23.93:10308) but not to other servers, stay on loading page and the comes back to an empty page of servers.

I also did a reset of my router in case, but no change

2nd that. Similar PCs too.

All ok now for me.

I have an internet booster that swithes to 4G mobile network to add more upload/download when I'm limited on wire internet. Switching off the booster solves the problem. Surely a IP problem when packages go thrue 2 different networks.

Win 10 | i7 8700 Coffee Lake OC @ 4.9Ghz | 32Go Ram | 1080Ti | DCS on SSD | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Rudder | TrackIr 5 Pro

Since last night and update to 2.5 I have not been able to join any server. Loading screen is on for 10 minutes and then just reverts to main menu. I has happened to me with 1.5.X but just for the first join server attempt and then everything worked properly. Now MP simply doesn't work for me.

i5, 16GB RAM, GTX960

I having the same trouble, even on the lowest game settings. I don't have the best computer, can't connect through the normal or 5G WiFi. I've been having this trouble for the past 3 months or longer.

Once you enter the role selection screen, WAIT until your frames have stabilized. That takes 1-5minutes, depending on many many factors ( Player count, mission type, hardware performance, etc. ).

You should enable some kiond of FPS meter, once your FPS climbs to normal value from the "1" FPS while loading it is OK and good-2-go.

Just if you click around and move and scroll, well, you tilt the rig.

Think of it as Win95, be PATIENT and dont ask too much from it in that period.

This shall in no way say, it is your fault, it's a ED thing to make this work MUCH better but this is a way how you can hopefully ship around the problem and play anywhere you want.

Sometimes I have broken "loadings" too, but it is very rare. I also CTD sometimes, alspo very rare and usually only when I fly with buddies ( Like with Goa last time ), it is seldom but it does happen for all I am afraid.

Still, I can enjoy DCS within it's limitations and obeying what it demands. One thing is PATIENCE once you load the servers. Let it load and lean back, and have plenty RAM ... .

YMMV

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Once you enter the role selection screen, WAIT until your frames have stabilized. That takes 1-5minutes, depending on many many factors ( Player count, mission type, hardware performance, etc. ).

You should enable some kiond of FPS meter, once your FPS climbs to normal value from the "1" FPS while loading it is OK and good-2-go.

Just if you click around and move and scroll, well, you tilt the rig.

Think of it as Win95, be PATIENT and dont ask too much from it in that period.

This shall in no way say, it is your fault, it's a ED thing to make this work MUCH better but this is a way how you can hopefully ship around the problem and play anywhere you want.

Sometimes I have broken "loadings" too, but it is very rare. I also CTD sometimes, alspo very rare and usually only when I fly with buddies ( Like with Goa last time ), it is seldom but it does happen for all I am afraid.

Still, I can enjoy DCS within it's limitations and obeying what it demands. One thing is PATIENCE once you load the servers. Let it load and lean back, and have plenty RAM ... .

YMMV

This does not work for me, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

for those of you whom are having trouble joining... have any of you attempted a trace route to see if your ISP has changed routing to the servers in question? With all of the recent hurricanes etc it is not a typical for ISP to adjust routing to balance loads on a network. Sometimes a bad trace route can be the culprit behind being able to connect to some servers and not others. You might be hitting a node that is timing out.

Its worth checking is all I'm saying.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

for those of you whom are having trouble joining... have any of you attempted a trace route to see if your ISP has changed routing to the servers in question? With all of the recent hurricanes etc it is not a typical for ISP to adjust routing to balance loads on a network. Sometimes a bad trace route can be the culprit behind being able to connect to some servers and not others. You might be hitting a node that is timing out.

Its worth checking is all I'm saying.

I don't believe it's a networking problem causing these issues considering other games I play work fine (Battlefield 1, Squad, etc.). I believe this is a memory management or texture/file loading issue with DCS even though I have 16GB RAM and all-SSD system.

Rig: i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133 | 1070 8GB | 27" QHD GSYNC | 2x SSDs | W10

Setup: DCS 2.5 OB | M2000C | F/A-18C | F-86 | F-5E T.16000M HOTAS

Ended up here through a search hoping to find a solution for my multiplayer role selection screen that freezes or takes ages to load (same for SP loading screens btw, in the past DCS was much quicker in terms of loading times). And here I am looking at 32 pages of people with the same frustration... Great f***ng job DCS!

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

Broken

Add me to the list. I cant log onto 104th to save my life. It crashes every time. I have 16G RAM and it states I exceeded virtual ram or something to that effect. Putting DCS away for awhile. Pretty tired of this. This has been happening for months now.

Edited by Hemme

Can you optimize your god damn game plz. It's really annoying to have a game that didn't work even with a good config. We pay module, we should can play a working game. Your task is to debug if you can't with what you have, just hire specialized people! Updates currently bring just more bugs. I hope you understand the problem you get because you will not bring new players with a game that didn't work even with your low-cost solution FC4 you currently developing.

Have been suffering from this issue since 2.5, as of a few months ago the game loads to the role selection screen where it freezes and after about 5-10 minutes is declared crashed by DCS.

Same here! Can't connect to some of my favorite server anymore since some update in august. On some other server (running same map) I have no problem.

Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.17134.345)

Core i5-6600K

16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX 960 (4096 MB)

NVidia Driver 416.34

Please give the OS a custom pagefile of 32768-32768, refer to this post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3645291&postcount=4

I run on a 16gb RAM system with specs alot like you guys and have zero issues connecting, staying connected and playing on any server.

edit: you can enforce custom network parameters too which goes a long way towards a stable connection to large missions

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3646062&postcount=6

Edited by Mustang

Please give the OS a custom pagefile of 32768-32768, refer to this post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3645291&postcount=4

I run on a 16gb RAM system with specs alot like you guys and have zero issues connecting, staying connected and playing on any server.

edit: you can enforce custom network parameters too which goes a long way towards a stable connection to large missions

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3646062&postcount=6

I've set a 32GB page file manually (which, frankly, shouldn't be necessary -- Windows is good enough to automatically manage) and I'm still having issues joining multiplayer servers.

The ONLY "workaround" that helps me is to preload the map running on the MP server I intend to join via an Instant Action free flight. Once loaded there, I can join MP server most of the time without crashing on load or on role select screen. It takes a while to load and the whole process takes about 10 - 12 minutes before I can be flying in MP which is a long time.

Now, funny thing is I used to not need to do this 2-3 months ago with same system config and RAM (16GB).

Rig: i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133 | 1070 8GB | 27" QHD GSYNC | 2x SSDs | W10

....Now, funny thing is I used to not need to do this 2-3 months ago with same system config and RAM (16GB).

Exactly my point as well. Glad someone else spotted this too instead of buying a faster SSD and put DCS on it, or messing with a pagefile, DCS could perhaps be fixed. If you buy a new car and after a few maintenance jobs and software updates it can't drive any faster than 50, you're not going to pull the radio antenna and the external mirrors off and empty your trunk to have less aerodynamic drag and weight are you??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by H@mmerhead

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

I have a great system---1080, 16GB RAM, i7, SSD---and never had an issue until 2.5. I can't join any multiplayer without it freezing and eventually crashing at the role select screen. I've tried pagefile increases, administrator, reinstalling. At this point, starting to agree with most people here: this is a DCS software issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard from ED on when they are expecting to fix these issues? I too have the problem where it freezes on the MP loading screen then the game crashes sometime after. I know there has probably been a few ideas for fixes in here but I haven't read all 33 pages

Now I am getting a black screen after 2-3 minutes on BlueFlag server role selection screen. All I want to do is play DCS and this is infuriating. :(

A game shouldn't be stressful to even get playing and after spending $200+ on modules and peripherals I'm beginning to consider quitting altogether and seriously regretting my decision to start playing a game that I dearly love.

Loading time for any mission (even instant action) already takes forever and now these crashes just as I think I can be able to play are really frustrating.

16GB RAM, 32GB pagefile, and everything is on SSD............................. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

For me the game freezes and requires killing it through task manager when spawning into cockpit. At first it only happened on 104th, now it happens on more and more servers...

I think it might be related to the video memory management "improvements" they've done a while ago. I'm using a mobile system with only 2GB of dedicated VRAM (960M) but able to use up to 8GBs of RAM as shared memory once it runs out of dedicated VRAM. Before they've done these changes the system simply offloaded stuff to RAM and I could load fine into any server, though it tended to stutter. Now I can't fly at all on some servers and it's getting worse. If you could let us disable that VRAM optimizer "feature", or just disable it automatically on machines on which it causes more harm than good (like literally any optimus card) it would be helpful.

Now I am getting a black screen after 2-3 minutes on BlueFlag server role selection screen. All I want to do is play DCS and this is infuriating. :(

A game shouldn't be stressful to even get playing and after spending $200+ on modules and peripherals I'm beginning to consider quitting altogether and seriously regretting my decision to start playing a game that I dearly love.

Loading time for any mission (even instant action) already takes forever and now these crashes just as I think I can be able to play are really frustrating.

16GB RAM, 32GB pagefile, and everything is on SSD............................. :(

Same.

I've invested more money than you though. Really regretting it now, as you can't go back now, and its difficult to sell it.

After I've realised the fix is not coming, I decided to sell it, and I offered my DCS complete package for sale here on the forum, and they banned me for 1 month after that. :doh: